Airtel - Installation of DTH

jnesan on Apr 16, 2011

Out of frustration I am writing about the service provided by Airtel DTH. I had raised a request on 10/04/11 for reinstallation of DTH as I moved to another house. Promptly, I received the following SMS from AIRTEL DTH: "Dear Customer, request no-6811117 for 'Relocation request', 'Happy Code-8KFY. Share code with the engineer once issue is resolved. for any query pls call 9379227794"

I was trying to reach the given number for the past 5 days, there was no response. Fortunatly, I called the guy at around 3:00 in the noon. he said, that he would give a call to technician and get back within a minute. There was no response again from him. similarly, I tried reaching him 5 times, he said the same till 8:00 PM. after 8:00 PM, his mobile went off to not reachable.

Its since more than a week, raised a request for relocation of DTH. So far, it has not done. there is no response at all from the service engineer.

I think, I need to take the issue to Consumer Court.

Regards,.
Emmanuel J D
9591989831

Comments

Vinod Kumar Verma Airtel  - India

I purchase set top box from HiLine, M-5 Connaught Place on 12-11-08 receip No.3302 for installation toll free no.1800 102 8080 and 9810910909 these nos. does't exist, and land line 41517228, 41517229 no body pick the phone, STB ID - 32768018668 View Card No. 000001300532. pls. give me correct telephone no. for installation of DTH,
Vinod Kumar Verma
RZF-117/37 St, No.40
Sadh Nagar-II, Palam Colony, N Delhi-45
Mob. 9868534868, 9868931784
Email: vverma@nic.in
Santosh Kapse Airtel  - India

Please see the chain of complainest noting had happen yet now.

FYI,

Please do the needful ASAP. I tried all my way and this could be my last step.

Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 11:30 AM
Subject: FW: Urgent

Please find the attached screen shot here, which will give you clear idea about my transaction. Why don’t you give option to buy online if your system is not in place?

Please do it ASAP otherwise, I am going to launch your complaints in Consumer Forum. Till now, nobody addressed to my question.

Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 2:20 PM

Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 12:35 PM
Cc: 'kapsesantosh@gmail.com'
Subject: Urgent
Importance: High

I make a payment to Bharati Telemedia through Credit Card (To purchase AirtTel DTH from site) and amount was deducted from my account. However, before returning to AirtelSite a error occurred.

Please do the needful.

Find the attached screen shot for reference.

(9960351361)

Perminder Dabas Airtel  - India

I'm from delhi . I have purchased airtel STB on 29th dec 2008 and scheduled installation .They told me that your installation will be on 31 dec. by 11:00 AM surely, but nobody came here to me . And when i raised my complained then they told me that it will be carried out by evening of same day 31st dec, but this time also they made me fool. And now they are saying that it will be done on 2 jan 2009 but i niether believe nor intrested now and want my money refund bcoz from thier initial service i can imagine how it will go in future, it will go to worst . & & And I would also like to suggest other people never go for Airtel DTH...
Plz respond me asap.

Contact No. 09953455456
Navin simons Airtel  - India

Firstly, I never thought i would post such negative comments about AIRTEL
Airtel DTH - Airtel's Direct trouble to home service

A week before i approached a delaer in coimbatore for a DTH service
I selected airtel over Reliance and suntv
not a didfficult decison anyways ..
but suprisingly airtel is no way better off
No installation till date, My delaer hasnt a clue, the sales manager only knows how to sell
the customer care is good at saying "i understand ur problem" We are sorry ...(10 times)
I am forwarding ur details to my seniors ...(which seniors)

The story so far
No installation, no message, no body cares
B S CHAUDHARY Airtel  - India

Firstly, I never thought i would post such negative comments about AIRTEL
DTH . A week after installation I start getting a msg on my tv screen ie 'This card ia not authrised..." thereafter i contact ur tollfree no but the problem remain the same . Everyone at ur centre told me that the problem will be sorted out within half an hour but the problem remain the same

The story so far, " the problem remain the same, no message, no body cares at ur centre

very poor service
very weak signal
poor quality
to much time taken for installation
no service for re-installation
no response on 18001028080
providing money but no service
suffering from airtel poor service
D

airtel DTH do not buy it atherwise u may suffer
no responce from customer care no 18001028080
buy airtel go for mental harrasment
no life at home
no one can hear u in airtel
my id is 3000200465
i m suffering for re-installation
srinivasu Airtel  - India

very very very bad service in your airtel dth service we are taken digital dish contion it is not working proparly at the time calling custmercare they are not give in properly respance pleace i hope that you will take the action imedeitlay

airtel DTH do not buy it atherwise u may suffer

THE MYSTERY CONTINUES..
FROM 30DEC2008
D
id3000200465 mb09878021008 Airtel  - India

Airtel DTH - Airtel's Direct trouble to home service..
I would also like to suggest other people never go for Airtel DTH...
100 me se 99 paresan yeh ha AirtelDTH mahaan
i m suffaring from 30Dec2008
Tollfree no is not responding
tolled no 0204181400 is responding @ Rs 50 per call
Ihave spent already roundabout Rs5000 on tolled no
After this labour i have got order no2154327 & 523871 etc.
I spend on STB Rs 2000
Re-locacatin fee Rs 600
tolled no call Rs 1500
local eng. Rs 1500
After this there is no re-location of AirtelDTH
Tv aaj bhe band hai
Mental harrasment is still on
vijay kumar Airtel  - India

physically and mentally harrasment - dish t.v dth

Dear concern

This is to inform you that i am a subscriber of your company and enjoying your DTH service .
I had made a payment of 2210 rupees and 370 on 13th feb 2009 to get my services activate but yet ur services have not been activated i have visited ur franchises office at M.M Malvia road Amritsar today i had been informed by them today thar site is not working properely for last 4 days so its not poosible to recharge ur connection

when i asked them that what happened that why the site is not working properly at that very moment he used abusive language with me that why are u putting this question go and ask from customer care for ur problems we are not responsible for that we are here to just collect recharge money and that guy ask me to tke my refund from them and when i tried to remind thier duty they tried to get physically with me.

kindly resolve this issue at your end and take strict action against them. The details are mentioned below.

reciept no& date : 484 & 486 (13/02/2009)
mobile number : 9988286611
Dealer name : vision care centre m.m.malviya road Amritsar

Thanks& Regards
Vijay bagga
Rhea Airtel  - India

Hey this is rhea..

I had bought an Airtel DTH service on the 2nd of jan 2009 just a day after my b'day, my services got disconected on 21st sumthing, when contacted customer care came to know i had been charged for some extra cabling for rs 300, god knows how coz i wasnt aware of it.However i was ready to pay as my relatives had arrived at my place and it was say 9.15pm at night and wanted my tv to start.I tried customer care from 9.30 till 11.30pm and evn spoke to few seniors and employee's wud like to name a few(Pratik, Bikash poojari, etc) but all they told me is that it would get activated and that they understand my problem but nothing happened.The only method was to get an voucher at close to midnight just to get my service activated..huh?? dumb?? on my several reqsts, they did nothing..But then i talked to one of the employees named Roshan Rajagopal(if m correct) and he really helped me, also helped me get the recharge done via my credit card and my Tv started just minutes later..THANKS ROSHAN, REALLY APPRECIATE HIM, HE DID SOMETHING WHICH NO ONE CUD DO, AND WAS SO COOL, CALM AND PLEASANT OVER THE PHONE...Wish would be more guys like him
Meena Deora Airtel  - India

My ID is: 3000492952. Complaint No. 732524 lodged on 27/5/2009

Since afternoon of 26th May, our Dish TV shows no signal and not working. Please rectify the same on an urgent basis.

Meena
Cell: 9869757617
P K MISHRA Airtel  - India

they are cheating the public. I too am a victim. STAY AWAY AND CLEAR OF AIRTEL AND TELL EVERYBODY
ANIL KUMAR TOMAR Airtel  - India

I am getting no responce from 18001028080, 02040181400 and also from 0794009101 as givenin your customer relationship form 26/06/2009 morning. This problem occurs on regular basis.
ALKA JAKHMOLA Airtel Digital TV  - India

Not working since installation - 2 months - AIRTEL DIGITAL TV

We got it installed in June09 & since than every now & then the screen goes blank with a message "the inserted card is not a BHarti TV viewing card" Pl contact customer care.

We have contacted the person Mr/ Moin Khan who installed it at our end, he got it refreshed over phone but no improvement. Than we contacted customer care, they also got it refreshed & as told by them they also adjusted come settings but problem still persists.

Now I have made again a complaint with a customer care (# 905478) .we are waiting for something to happen now at least.

I want this problem to be sorted out immediately as it is very annoying to see the message again & again on screen.
Sajin.J.S Airtel  - India

I purchased Airtel dth on 31st August.But it is not installed yet. We called the costomer care several times but their response was not satisfactory.The attitude of the members of the customer care service in kollam is very poor.
Aaizaz B Airtel Digital TV  - India

Set top box is dead and not replaced by last tow weeks - AIRTEL DIGITAL TV

My customer ID is 3001059554, I am really astonish regarding the unprofessional service from Airtel Digital TV, my set top box was dead on 4th October and I raised a complaint in customer care on 5th of October and my complaint no. is 1173173, till today no one has turned up to my house to check what has happened exactly and while calling and calling again and again I am getting non sense answers from customer care that set top box are not in stock, when you all are starting such business firstly you have to take care of customer service and complaints or otherwise stop this business refund customer money so that customer could go to some other excellent and branded (TATA sky, Dish TV etc..) service provider and enjoy whatever he has spend, you all are not suppose to spend our hardened money in advertisement to make false business you can pay lot of money to film stars for your advertisement and you don’t have device to keep in stock , I am really pissed off due to such ill-mannered service and dirty management.

Aaizaz (aaizaz@rediffmail.com)
Syed Sabaur Rahman Airtel Digital TV  - India

Set Top Box is dead and no service provided by Airtel for last two weeks - AIRTEL DIGITAL TV

I purchased Airtel Digital TV in June 2009. For last two weeks set top box is dead and i raised a complain in customer care they told me that they will send their technician with in 24 hours to rectify. Even after two weeks and making several call to the customer care no one has turned up to my house to rectify the problem as on today.

Airtel - Installation of DTH