Airtel Dish TV - Cheating by Airtel Dish TV

jaikumar_sharma on Mar 23, 2013
I had Airtel Dish TV connection which I used for years. Becuase of several complaints and service not being good, I decided to disconnect from Airtel Dish TV services and subscribed another vendor for DTH services. When I disconnected from services I had Rs.350/ balance in my account.

After a year or so, I got a call from Airtel DISH TV that you are not using DTH services and they can not be renewed (perfect becuase I already had decided to not to use) so we need your Setup Top Box and Remote and your account will be settled and cheque will be sent at your residence address within one month. Same day a Airtel person came and collected the "Set top box" and "Remote" This all happened on 23-Jan-2013.

Now, in the month of March (around mid) I called up Airtel DISHTV helpdesk and to my surprise they completely deny that they have taken their set top box and Remote .. though I have a receipt of the same.

Very strange and cheating business Airtel DISH TV is doing...

BEWARE OF SUBSCRIBING AIRTEL DISH TV CONNECTION . THINK SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO GO WITH AIRTEL.

I have attached the recepit from Airtel Dish TV.

Cheating by Airtel Dish TV

Comments

Cheating the Customer - Dish TV

I purchased a dish tv connection when the Government set a deadline and the local cable operators started facing the heat with their existing customer. Over the years I have learnt some very startling facts and interesting ways of cheating the customer.

1) MOVIE-on-DEMAND: In the first year of joining up you get a bouquet of movies to view free of cost. Subsequently you can forget about this free bouquet because you've invested in a antenna and in short - you've been made a SUCKER.

2) REMOTE: Try purchasing an additional remote (because your existing remote is damaged). You have not covered your STB under AMC (paid extra) so there will be an additional charge over and above the cost of the remote. - You've been made a SUCKER.

3) Local authorized Agents: Try speaking to them about your complaint - 'APP DISHTV ke number leke directly unse baat karo'
SUCKERED again.

The only people who have gained out of this whole affair is the Government and the company. The public have been suckered into a piece of junk on their rooftop.

regards,

A SUCKERED customer

DISHTV is not giving sports active, sanskar, neo cricket, neoplus and they removed highlights on demand
Sahebrao Gawali Dish TV  - Aurangabad, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India

Cheating Update by the service Provider. - Dish TV

Dish Tv claims as Indias No. 1 DTH company. I am using Dish tv from one year. I was using silver pack of it but once I received msg from company to recharge by Three month's amount at one time and get some additional channels in this pack. I have recharged by the amount and they had shifted me in the higher paying plan which they have as Silver Saver.

Now I want to go back in my previous pack but they want me to recharge by the same pack and pay more amount to go back in the previous pack.

The same thing also had happened previously also also. They charged me Rs. 40 extra to go back in the lower amount pack.

This is really disgusting. I want to go to Customer Forum for the complain against the service Provider and want to rescue the number of customers like me.
jadhavsubhash Dish TV  - Aurangabad, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India

i am your dish tv customer my id no. is 01504467424.
i am paying 630 ruepees paid for 3 month.
along with sport channls( i selected pakage of rupees 210 p.m. I can not see e.g.ESPN, TEN SPORT, STAR CRICKET, )
so please relesea that kind of serviceses of sport chanels.
my contact no is 9421304524
N Feb 28, 2011 by
sureshsapkal Dish TV  - Bhopal, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India

23 hours complaint not resolved - Dish TV

i am one of the customer of dish tv, my connection r not working last 23 hours,
my dish tv complaint no is 54904246, but no one give me a solution from dish
tv side, this is very poor customer resoluation system in this company,

bakwas company in india, no one responsible any complaint,

that's it
N Aug 18, 2011 by
SUJESH0707 Dish TV  - Mysore, Karnataka, India

DISH TV Cheating Customer - Dish TV

Don't belive DIsh TV offers. They will not provide what ever they offered & i complained almost morethan 50 times within 2 months & every time the customer care service give different reasons for the same. Still the problems not resolved. I also using BIG TV connection for the last 2 years, & they are offering very better service. Initially we think that DISH TV is best by seeing their offers & services, but really they are the waste services offering in India.

Please don't buy DISH TV connection. Take any other DTH connection. Many hidden problems are in thier service & they will not like to solve the problmes. I can give proof for all the problems. Call me 9448124411 or send mail to asujesh@gmail.com if you need any guidance/ clarifications.
N Oct 30, 2011 by
sap1771 Airtel Dish TV  - Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi, India

Enslaving Customers - Airtel Dish Tv

Dear Sir/Ma’am, I am using two Airtel Digital Tv connections currently and my customer id is 3006542955. I wanted to upgrade my existing connection to HD DVR. After sending numerous queries on Airtel website which never got any response I learnt the procedure from one Ms Suman who informed me that I have to deposit Rs 2600 then request for an upgrade. I did so and gave a call for registering for upgrade only to be informed that I had to deposit a sum of Rs 3390 and not Rs 2600. After having deposited additional Rs 1600 I registered my request and was given a Number 13125671 and when I requested for an installation on the same day I was informed that the installation will take place on 30 October 2011 at 1500 Hrs. I got a call from Mr Laxman at 1100 Hrs on 30 October when I was not at my home and he insisted that I come back at the earliest. I informed Mr Laxman that I shall not be able to return before 1300 Hours and he can plan on the time given earlier of 1500 hrs only. He asked me to come at the earliest as he was in the locality and said that he would not be in a position to come back as he had to go somewhere. When I left all the work and returned and gave him a call to install the HDDVR he said that he was busy and would be able to come only after 1700 hrs. I then contacted customer care to cancel the installation only to be told that now I cannot cancel the installation as it’s against company policy. When I asked for termination of the two connections so that I could use some other service provider like Tata Sky or Reliance I was informed by Mr Vivek that if I do so I stand to forfeit whatever balance I have in my account. He gave me the number of one Mr Pritam Negi whom he said would reconfirm whatever he had told me. I wish to seek a clarification on the same and in any case seeing the attitude exhibited by the customer care personnel of Airtel Dish TV and their service engineers I wish to terminate my connections with Airtel. I would solicit an early response regarding how to seek legal alternatives and inform all potential customers through all available public means regarding this draconian policy of Airtel company which enslaves its customers.

With Esteemed Regards,
Yours Sincerely,
Atul Pratap Singh
N Mar 24, 2013 by
Airtel Presence

Namaste Mr. Sharma,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 23 March 2013 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com.

Saurav Ahlawat
Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team)
Bharti Airtel Ltd
airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

Twitter - www.twitter.com/airtel_presence
Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
Linked- http://in.linkedin.com/pub/airtel-presence-bharti-airtel-ltd/1b/119/a33
N Mar 29, 2013 by
Airtel Presence

Namaste Mr. Sharma,

We were waiting to hear back from you. Since you haven’t written in yet, we trust your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, we request you to Please share the required details with us at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com.

Deepak Mohod
Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team)
Bharti Airtel Ltd
airtelpresence@in.airtel.com

Twitter - www.twitter.com/airtel_presence
Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
Linked- http://in.linkedin.com/pub/airtel-presence-bharti-airtel-ltd/1b/119/a33
N Mar 31, 2013 by
jaikumar_sharma

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY CALL OR INFORMATION FROM AIRTEL DISH TV after I had initially written in this forum.

DO NOT JUST GIVE FALSE ASSURANCES to the readers and me just by writing in this forum. -- Please ACT.

Hope, that AIRTEL DISH TV will do ethical and transparent business.
N Apr 1, 2013 by
jaikumar_sharma

I have not received any call or information from AIRTEL DISH TV regarding resolution of my problem, also I have sent a mail to airtelpresence@in.airtel.com on 31-Mar-13, also there is no response to my email.

NO ACTION FROM AIRTEL DISH TV so far.

Thanks!
N Apr 12, 2013 by

Dear Forum,

As you can notice from this communication thread (Start to end), how AIRTEL DISHTV is be-fooling customers by posting fradulent and false responses. There is no response via phone or mail from AIRTEL DISHTV to me after I posted the initial complaint.

BEWARE AGAIN THINK SERVERAL TIMES BEFORE YOU SUBSCRIBE AIRTEL DISH TV CONNECTION.

Airtel Dish TV - Cheating by Airtel Dish TV