Invalid Balance Deductions
The past two months have been a trial by fire for me as an Airtel customer. You have some good schemes and have had exemplary service in the past because of which I have remained a loyal Airtel Customer for many years in different circles; be it Maharashtra and Goa, Mumbai or even Rajasthan. However, you're standards seem to be at an all time low recently and its quite ridiculous considering you are now sponsoring a program on social change and trying to teach the nation how to behave while you can't even get your customer service agents in your call centres to behave properly with customers. There is an announcement whenever a call is transferred to an agent stating that this call may be recorded for internal training purposes. However, I think that there isn't any such training actually happening or at least one of these call would have been monitored and recorded where you're agents have behaved rudely.
I have a list of complaints that I hope can be resolved:
1) Primary Complaint: Large balance deductions from my main account supposedly due to internet and Airtel live usage. These deductions were to the tune of around INR 350/- if not more over the period of a week. The reason these charges are unjustified is that I have an internet pack (previously of Rs. 198/- and now of Rs. 98/-) active which still has the vast majority of included data available.
2) Incompetence: Many of your agents just do not know why things happen and seem like raw fresh recruits who have been thrown in the deep end without adequate preparation.
3) Misdirection and Misinformation: Agents have tried double speak to try to confuse me into believing that the charges were valid. I was even transferred to a "supervisor" who claimed the same and refused to do anything to help. In fact, she even said that there was nothing she can do or will do and disconnected the call.
4) Rude Behaviour: Disconnecting tough callers and pretending that there is a network issue is an old trick but apparently still a favourite at Airtel.
5) Calls Blocked: I have been unable to get through to any customer service representatives for the past many days through my Airtel number and have been forced to call from my IDEA simcard to be able to speak to anyone. No matter what number I try, 198/121/9890098900, they all say "please hold the call we are transferring you to a customer service rep, call will be chargeable" etc and then the call disconnects automatically.
6) Delay in complaint resolution: I managed to register my complaint with one gentleman who was also a super visor but unfortunately whose name I do not recall, on the 3rd of this month. Your website proudly displays this case as still open. (Refer to point no. 6 in the table below) This gentleman in question had acknowledged that my compaint was genuine and there shouldnt have been any deductions and said that there would be a refund by the 6th of June which clearly has not happened yet. As is clearly visible here, there are multiple calls on the same day as each time the call is disconnected without a resolution of the complaint.
1 CWRCH20610398462 10-Jun-2012 closed
2 QTRAIL0610398461 10-Jun-2012 closed
3 QTRAIL0610387763 10-Jun-2012 closed
4 QCESO10610384426 10-Jun-2012 closed
5 QCESO10610376570 10-Jun-2012 closed
6 CWRCH30603520489 03-Jun-2012 open
7 QCESO10603540601 03-Jun-2012 closed
8 CBDMO20603050125 03-Jun-2012 closed
9 QCESO10603044570 03-Jun-2012 closed
Kindly look into the matter as it is causing needless headaches and damages my faith in your company and all the causes you support.