Airtel Mobile Postpaid - Unnecessary charges

Arnav Kumar
I called up Airtel Customer Care today to complain about my network problems which I have been facing in my residence area for the past month. But, while I was being connected to customer care executive, the automated message told me that this call is being charged at 50 paise for every 3 minutes.

I want to ask that why is Customer Care being charged? Is Airtel trying to recover the cost from all the "Free Night Calling", "Free GPRS", "Free SMS" etc by charging calls to customer care number 121 which is supposed to be free in the first place??

Comments

Shyam Gadre Airtel Postpaid  - India

Unnecessary charges - Airtel Postpaid

I am shyam Gadre using mobile no 09860057786 since last year, but from august i am not getting proper service as I complained about black berry services and gprs. As per my bill your company charging me Rs 249/- black berry and Rs 349/- charges from august, september, oct .
I want to pay the bill but before that you have to wave of the charges from august with service tax. I want to continue this number only if you will do the same for me.
D
Mehul Shah Airtel Postpaid  - India

isd55755 Airtel  - Mumbai, Thane, Maharashtra, India

unnecessary charges - Airtel Mobile

i am mrs rehana i dholkawala,using airtel postpaid connection,my relationsip no.is 109-101374500 and my cell no.is 9987090402.
in last month i have charge for the service which i have not used and never applied for,i have charged for TADKALIVE and AIRTELLIVE SMS charges rs.40/- per week
like that rs.186/- has being charge to me
i request to you kindly cancell all charges and deduct amount from my bill
i have send around 69 sms to stop service,gone to the gallery and complain there,kindly look into the system and do needfull to me as soon as possible
Ramnath Chintamani Airtel  - Mumbai, Thane, Maharashtra, India

I Ram Chintamani.Mobile number 9987913400 . I have taken this connection from AIRTEL.
I am facing one problem every 2/3 days that automatically my Airtel TV service activated by operator and all balance is deducted through my balance.When I make a complaint customercare they reverse it again.But after 2/3 days again it happens.For calling to customer care, AIRTEL charges to me.
One of the compaint on 25th July at 12.04PM they reply as
" Thank you for contacting Airtel. Your request reference number is 0725184232. Simplify Life! Just Dial *121# to get instant account information."
Like this I made many complaints.And again they are doing same things again and again
Pl inform to proper department.At this time I don't require TV facility
Thanks and Regards
Ram Chintamani
N Oct 14, 2011 by
priya2312 Airtel  - New Delhi, Delhi, India

Unnecessary charges - Airtel Mobile

I'm using Airtel connection (8130354558). And after every 15-20 days there are problems from their side.
Yesterday afternoon, i got the message that airtel talkies service has been renewed on my no. for ten days. and the fact is that i had never heard about such service and never applied for that. But when i talk to the excutive named "Sunny" ( on 14 oct. 2011 @ 10.16 am), he said i had put the request by net, when i told him i had never sent any request like this, his is not accepting it. now they in total deducted 30+10=40 rs from account without any reason........................... and also when i told him to forward my complaint on this context, he said your complaint has been forwarded and as soon as you will dissconnect the call, you'll get the complaint no., inspite of the fact i told him to tell me the complaint no. during the conversation.....although on my request he immediately dissconected the above said services from my no. but i had to bear unneccesarily the loss of Rs. 40/-...
N Apr 27, 2012 by
Sunil Brijkrishan Airtel  - New Delhi, Delhi, India

I am a recent user of Airtel Mobile No: 7709765307. I am pained to state that an amount of Rs: 67/- was deducted from my pre-paid account on 17 Apr '12 for 'SMS packRs67', but the facility has till date NOT been provided and any sms sent is still charged. I spoke to the Airtel Customer Service Executives from an Airtel Store a number of times - it is IMPOSSIBLE to connect to ANY Customer service Executive on one's mobile - all you get to hear is a sickening recorded message and no 'connect' with/to a Cust care Exec EVER takes place - this speaks volumes of the reliability and efficiency of AIRTEL.

Four Service Requests Nos. provided to me, by AIRTEL, are as under:

1. CWRCH30417884754, dated 17 Apr '12.
2. CLSMS20421372613, dated 21 Apr '12.
3. CVMWC30424327700, dated 24 Apr '12.
4. CBNRA30424822941, dated 24 Apr '12.

I am DISGUSTED. No Cust Care Exec is ever available. I am honestly and seriously looking at shifting from Airtel to another 'better' service - in case no action is taken within 24 hrs. Mobile Number Portability is available and there are umpteen service providers who will only be too willing to help.

It is not the question of a measly amount of Rs:67/-, but a total lack of sensitivity to a customer's feelings, which is not only hurting, but also confirms the fact that Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittals' 'supposedly efficient organization' is not all that 'efficient'.

In total disgust. . .