Airtel - Refund of Modem caution deposit and Modem cost

bgpp729 on Jul 3, 2013
I got my Airtel modem installed on 27.08.09 (Receipt No. ZC000074774). I paid Rs. 1500 for the modem. I was told that there is no installation charges as I already had broadband connection (I just changed the modem). The person who installed informed me that since I have paid the modem amount, I need not have to return the modem at any time. But when I requested for disconnection of the airtel landline phone on 17.05.13, I was surprised to see that a person named Mr. Rajesh took the modem along with the phone inspite of me telling that the modem is ours. I lodged a complaint (Complaint No. 33817774) on 7.6.13 and had a talk with Mr. Krishna. I asked him to pay back Rs. 1500 plus Rs 1000 (caution deposit) for the modem. There wasnt any response. Since then I have made many calls to the customer care but in vain ( had conversation with Mr. Sivakumar, Mr. Santosh, Mr. Ramesh, Mr. Surya, Ms. Asha and Ms. Kavitha on 11th, 13th, 19th, 20th and 27th of June 2013). I personally visited the Airtel office at Fore shore estate, Chennai and talked with Mr Arun. He informed me that Rs. 1500 was installation charges and cant be refunded. What kind of company they run? One time they say its modem cost, now they say its installation cost. Am I a fool to believe that Rs 1500 is installation cost? Yes maybe I was a fool to choose airtel and not other better brands. In addition to that, I receive a call saying that I have to pay bill for the period 7.5.13 to 25.5.13 for an amount of Rs. 710.40 though the landline was disconnected on 17.5.13. Still I didnt receive the bill and why am I to pay for the extra 8 days?

I want Airtel to immediately refund my Rs.1500 plus Rs.1000 = Rs. 2500. Also if they want to reduce the bill amount for May month (Rs.629.21 from security deposit) they might go ahead and pay me the rest amount. I want a justification for the bill amount of Rs.710 as mentioned already.

Comments

Ashish Bhasin Airtel  - India

Non refund of Installation charges - AirTel

I booked a Airtel Broadband connection on 19th of feb after 4 days they communicated me that will be unable to give me connection and i will get my instalation amount back with in a week. Till now 8 th may io havent got my instaltion amount back i.e. Rs 850. I have spoken to region head north Mr. Santosh Tiwari also but redresal on that. please suggest me appropriate forum to get my money back
Prashant Parsharam Jadhav Airtel  - India

Regarding return of deposit - AirTel

Hi, this is Prashant.I had a Post paid connection & my cell No. is 09987528640 But on 10th may 2008 I had transfer it from postpaid to prepaid & I paid all my bill of postpaid connection, they told me that we will send cheque of 500Rs(five hundred Rs.)at your home by courier but still now they not give me my deposit of 500Rs(five hundred Rs.)
tasneem khergoonwala Bharti Airtel Limited  - India

refund not recieved - Bharti Airtel

I had taken a airtel connection on 26 jan 2008 a salesman sold it to my place it was NEW GOOD VALUE199 PLAN my number was 9987528053 . it was post paid i converted it into prepaid on 10 june 2008 now i want my refund back of 500 rs . for the last 1 yr i am going to airtel at fort but i have not got my refund back
JayashriGurunathan Airtel  - India

Deposit return - AirTel

I had a airtel Post paid account (9980540615). That one was Bangalore sim. Two months back I changed my post paid to prepaid. I process that request in an Airtel Service center located near Domalur flyover in bangalore.., They told that my deposit amount will be credited to my account in a month.,

My post paid connection is converted into prepaid, But the advance amount is not yet refunded.. Do the needful as early as possible
naresh babu Airtel  - India

Refund deposit - AirTel

I had converted my postpaid connection (99801 20255) to prepaid on 31-10-2009.

I had been promised by Airtel --Jeevan Bhima Nagar outlet stating my deposit will be paid by Airtel with in 6 working days time.

I had cleared all my postpaid dues.

Yesterday I had called to your call centre for my refund and Mr.Manjunath has confirmed that there is no deposit in my account.

I had deposited Rs.500 - on 17-09-2007 at your Jeevan Bhima nagar outlet. (Receipt enclosed)

I had clread all my dues on 31-10-2009.

I have already approached --Nodal officer, there is no response.

Now it's almost a month over, I haven't received a any communication from Airtel.

Spoken with Mr.Rohit today, now he is confirming Airtel need's another 3 days time.

Please look into this and do the needful ASAP.

Naresh
madhu Airtel  - India

post paid bill payment refund. - Airtel - Postpaid refund amount

My mobile no is 9987290007, I was migreted the post paid plan to prepaid in june 23, 2009. That time there was refund amount arround 1000/-. i was communicated so many times regarding this. but they were taking request, after that nothnig happend.

I have the request no. when i cantact them, they said that it will come to ur home through the check.

this the worst thing i am facing such a big company.

Becareful before paying ur amount. don't pay extra amount if you have plans to migrate post paid to prepaid.
R.Govindhasamy Airtel  - India

DEPOSIT REFUND - AirTel

Hllo sir,

I am R.Govidhasamy From Nallur ,Cuddalore (Dt) I am Airtel Rural Distibuter for Nallur Area 19/sep/2008 appointed this area

for some problem my distributer Resigination for Augast montth 2009 all document submit for Airtel office through courire sent for this address for account section

Mr.Ganesh
Bharti Airtel Limited
3rd floor PLA kangagu Towers
No:15 Thillai nagar,11th Cross east
Trichy
cell:9894010812
This address courier sent date : 26/aug/2009
I cal Mr.Ganesh but no answer this person

pls arrange my deposit amount Rs:10,000

Thanks & Regards

R.Govindhasamy
cell:9952868441

Manogya Gadgil Airtel Broadband  - India

Not Returning installation charges, no installation has been done - Airtel Broadband

I have given advance amount of Rs. 500/- for instalation charges for broad band connection. Airtel agent took the advance from and assured that i will get the connection with in 2-3 days but after 12 days also i am not getting the connection, and also airtel customer care and the person from i booked the connection is not repling properly. Now they are saying that some technical problem in the area, at least they should tell me before taking the advance and filling the form, my address is as follows:

Manogya Gadgil,
House no 267, 17 th cross, 32 nd main,
JP Nagar 6 th phase,
Bangalore -560078

Please give some solution my email id is : manogya.g@gmail.com
Vinod Patil Airtel  - India

Even i am on the same line. My Account Number is 105-101226655 (if required i can provide mobile number), I was migreted from post paid plan to prepaid in November, 2009. That time there was refund amount of Rs. 500/-. i was communicated so many times regarding this but no was taking request for Refund (always got response to contact postpaid department). And it was communicated to me that cheque will be delivered after 45days but when after 45days.. no one know... do i need to wait for years/decades/centuries?
hs.arneja Airtel  - Faridabad, Haryana, India

INSTALLATION CHARGES PAID AND CONNECTION NOT INSTALLED AND NOT GET REFUND FOR THE PAID MONEY - Bharti Airtel

We have applied for New broadband connection from BHARTI AIRTEL LIMITED on 16th of March 2010, I filled up the form and was provided with receipt of Rs 250/- as an installation charges.. I was told that your connection will be installed in 48 working hours..

I called up several times in Airtel customer care every time got the message that it will take time of 2-3 more days; on 25/03/2010.. I regestired a written complaint in Airtel office Lobby 224.. Then I started receiving the calls that we have not received your complete documents. After giving the complete documents three times.. Got another call that we have received Installation charges from your side then I submitted the Receipt copy... Again for 5 days no one turned up I wrote one more complaint letter what was refused to receive by Airtel customer care office..

Again I received call from Marketing executive for what I have complete details saying Sir we are sorry because we were harassing you so that you take back your installation charges because we don't have extra connection in your area to spare.. So I got Relience Broadband connection and asked Airtel executive to reimburse my installation charges after that I received atleast 10-15 calls from Airtel to confirm for the reimbursement..

BUT From that to till date nor I go the connection and neither I got back my installation charges paid to Airtel..

Please take some serious action as to make your valuable customers not to loose believe in justice

Harsimran Singh Arneja
Sec: 30 Faridabad 121003
Haryana India
Abhay Walvekar Airtel Broadband  - Andhra Pradesh, India

No proper installation done - Airtel Broadband

The Airtel Connection was given to me after repeated complaints to the Local Area manager in Hyuderabad and had a lot of difficulty after paying the amount in cash. Also I was promised that Antivirus software will be installed immediately after the system format being done which is done and am constantly calling the person with phone no, given to me by the person who installed the Broad band connection which it self was an agony.
After paying for the format and getting it done constant calls to the no. 9248078062 of the representative gives all false promises and never attends the complaint. The system is now suddenly stopping in between as there is not antivirus installed which was promised to us.

It seems that the complants are not taken seriously. In that case please disconnect the same and refund the amount immediately.

Please act against such fools who bring bad new to the company.

Abhay phone no. 8008849000 and land line given along with broad band no. 42204939.
amita_velhal Airtel  - Pune, Pune, Maharashtra, India

non refund of caution amount - Airtel Mobile

My father's (Mr. Madhukar Dattatraya Akolkar) number 9561089936 which was a post paid sim no. was discontinued 2 months back but the caution money of rs 300 that was deposited at the beginning of the plan has still not been refunded.
Md.Saifuddin Airtel Broadband  - India

no installation - Airtel Broadband

I register for Airtel broadband on 9th september 20010, and paid Rs 500 as my installation payment.
The agent who took the money assured me that the connection will be done within two working days.
Since then the agent phone is switched off and the operator who send the agent is not responding to my calls.
When I call the customer care, they again assured me that the work will be done within two days and gave me a complain no.
Nothing happen again for one week, then I fainally went to the head office by my self where the manager again assured me that the work will be done withing one week.
But as it had to be,no one came up with any solution.
Now I have lost enough time and money and have been harassed.
Please HELP!
Consumer Complaints Bharti Airtel Limited  - India

I have not received any refund of deposit despite 5 months of complaint. - Bharti Airtel Limited

My full name is Yumlembam Sanathoi . I applied for Airtel internet connectin on 10th May 2010. Even after so many complaints I still have neither got the conection nor the refund of the deposit amount. My application form no is TBLR 0119875 . I paid 500 rupees through cheque no 342259 (citibank) dated 10/05/2010. And Rs. 100 in cash to airtel representative Mallikarjun whose airtel FSO code is DS 1119012 ph.no. is +919535273004.
N Jan 15, 2011 by
abhasbarmanroy Airtel  - North Delhi, Delhi, India

regarding refund of installation charges - AirTel

Dear sir/madam,
I,Abhas from Jawaharnagar New Delhi, want to lodge a complaint regarding refund of broadband installation charges.I have applied for the connection on 21st October 2010 for the plan of rs.599.I paid rs.500 as installation charge.My application number is 2400242.They refused to give the connection and they have asked to refund the money by cheque within 45 days.Its going to be 3 months but i didn't received any cheque yet.I made complaints in airtel customer care.First complain number given was 39393680.No response came.Again I asked them, they forwarded the complaint.Its no. is 40926570. Again third time, it was forwarded and the no. is 41250434. But they were saying that they have delivered the cheque and they had the confirmation too. But I didn't received any cheque on my hand yet.So I request you kindly to check out this matter and help me out as soon as possible.
My emailid is abhas.8roy8@gmail.com. My contact number is 9013098093,8957687360.
Abhas.
N Mar 13, 2011 by
r.guptaankit Airtel  - Indore, Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India

Non Refund of Installation Amount - Airtel

I applied for a broadband connection on 02 Feb, 2011 and i paid Rs. 250 as installation amount. The agent had told me that your connection will be connected within 3 days. But next day i have received a message containing information that due to non availability of distributed point (D.P.) and your amount will be refunded within 10 days. But now more than 1 month had passed but i have not received amount of Rs. 250. I made call to agent many times for refund of my amount but he tells every time that he had told in office for refund of amount.
My Receipt CAF No. is 2685680
Please help me.
Ankit Gupta
Indore
N May 24, 2011 by
sarabjeet singh kalra Airtel  - Delhi, India

refund of non installation of new connection - AirTel

i had logged this complaint before also. I gave an advance of Rs 1750 against a new connection in my house from airtel iptv. Later i was informed that this connection is not possible and the company official /dealer make wrong committments. Now it has been 6 months and still no refund has been made.
when i complained in your forum few days back , the company people claaed me and assured that my next bill would show the credit.

To my horror the invoice doesnot have the credit amount.

my connection ref no is 44284506 and complaint no is 15939686 ( they are showing this case already resolved)
N Oct 5, 2011 by
sharma25ramesh Airtel  - India

on getting post paid connetion airtel i have deposited Rs.750/- as security deposit-8 vide recpt no.MSC-1442270 dt.15/06/2004 above connection converted from post paid to prepaid. i have so many complaits to ccc & on mail but still now i have not receive my security deposit. So i am again requesting you please arrange to release my security through cheque.
Thanks.
Name of Regd Mob Custmer .Ramesh Chandra Sharma
Security deposited of Mob No. +91-98290-17660
My Cont. No. +91-94133-40374
N Nov 21, 2011 by
Akilakumar Airtel  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Non-refund of deposit - AirTel

Hi...I am an Airtel Prepaid Customer. In the first week of August 2011, I received a call from Airtel Postpaid (Kiran: 9902799367) to change to a postpaid connection. During the conversation, I had informed them that I was unemployed and they still said the connection would be provided and collected a deposit of Rs. 300 from me. After that, there had been no further communication from them and hence I called them regarding the status of my connection and was informed that my postpaid application was rejected for the reason being I am unemployed. I had to make numerous calls to the customer care after which I was given the number of the coordinator (Kavitha: 9972060154) who informed me that the deposit would be refunded within 45 days (excluding weekends and holidays). It has been more than 45 days and there has been no communication from Airtel regarding the refund. I am also not able to receive any satisfactory response from them when I get in touch with them.

Though the amount involved is small, it is surprising to note how long a number one leader in telecom sector would take to repay a valid refund.

Kindly do the needful.

Akila
N Nov 23, 2011 by
Akilakumar Airtel  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Hi...I am glad that Airtel Nodal acted quickly and returned my amount also soon. :)

They said they will take appropriate action to prevent such kind of incidents happening.

Anyone with similar complaint like mine, please do contact Airtel Nodal of your State.

Thanks and Regards,