ASUS - Bad Service

Pratik Zanzad
I bought an ASUS P5K-VM motherboard on 3 december 08. It was faulty since the day i purchaced it. As I did not have time, after 4 months on 27-4-09, I took the motherboard to service centre at Rashi Periferals. They repaired it and gave me back on 22. They said that there was a problem in ic and they have repaired it. But it crashed while installing windows and refused to start again. I took the motherboard again to the service centre and then they replaced it. They said that they are giving new motherboard but in actual it was a used board and had more problems than previous board. I took it again to the service centre next day. They kept me waiting for 3 hours and did not solve the problem. They said to come again next day. But i got tired of this and took the faulty board back. Now i am complaining about them in the consumer counsil and demanding compensation. So if you are buying an ASUS board, think twice.

1st RMA 1478
2nd RMA 1797

Comments

I have had problems with an asus motherboard and there cutomer service is very very poor. This was my problems,

I only bought by Asus laptop in November of last year and in January I started to have problems with it overheating and switching itself off. As is was still under manufactures warranty I filled in their online repair form and from then I have had endless problems with them, as detailed below,

1) They didn’t tell me when they where coming to collect me laptop for repair. A man just turned up on my doorstep without Id and asked for it, I said no.
2) I rang Asus the same day and they said they would come and collect it the next week and nobody came for it. This happened twice.
3) I rang their customer complaints line and I got though to someone who could barely speak English and who couldn’t understand a word I was saying.
4) I rang back and asked to speak to the person’s supervisor and she couldn’t even find my details on the system. I asked her if I could talk to her supervisor, she said no and faked a coughing fit and hung up on me.
5) When I did accentually get though to someone else, he arranged for my laptop to be picked up, he said he was going to send me a free memory stick to say sorry for my treatment, needless to say this didn’t arrive.
6) My laptop was picked up and repaired, but when it hadn’t been delivered back to me in the time they said I rang them and they said they didn’t know where my laptop was.
7) I had to ring them back the next day because they failed to ring me, they still, couldn’t find it.
8) I rang yet again and they said that my laptop was in Cornwall because the delivery company thought Hull was in Cornwall. However the delivery company had already rung me the same day and where concerned that they couldn’t find my address, when I told them I lived in Hull, they told me the address on the package was wrong. So in other words Asus lied to me.
9) When I did get the unit back there was a few problems with it, 1) the repair guys didn’t install windows properly so I had to ring Asus yet again for the product key. There where black marks on the laptop that where not there before and the dvd player had stopped working.
10) I have now had my laptop for two months and the same problems are happening again, the laptop is switching itself off and overheating.
11) I rang customer service and yet again was faced with someone who couldn’t understand me, when I asked to talk to someone for the Uk department he put me though to Holland.
12) I asked them for someone for the management team to call me today and nobody did.

I have had the laptop for seven months and it has only worked properly for about a month of this.
Robin

i got a problem in my asus x80l laptop, i have been going to the servicing center in Bangladesh since 5th october, 2009. they took my laptop for a week then said "please come here after 3 weeks". i went there but they started playing with me and retreating date of servicing. my problem is in the DVD rom. DVDs are not being read by my laptop. i bought my PC from bangladesh, date was 5/31/2008, so its still in the valid for getting free servicing from company. they told me that they willl change my DVD rom, due to have no DVD rom for x80l they are waiting to get it from main office situated outside of Bangladesh. though i didn't know its possible to change devices in laptop computers. i inform you to know that why this much time is needed to get a service from ASUS?

complain serial no. 83n0a3134180108
their address: 19/2, west panthopath, dhanmondi, dhaka - 1205, Bangladesh.

thank you.