Axis Bank - Deduction of Minimum Balance Charges by Axis Bank for no fault of customer

Archana Gupta

Sanjay Nagar
Ghaziabad- 201002
Date: 19.10.2009

New Delhi

SUB: Deduction of Minimum Balance Charges by Axis Bank for no fault of customer.

I wish to mention that I had savings A/C no 095010100304818 maintained at Axis Bank, Ambedkar Road, Nehru Nagar Branch at Ghaziabad. I got this account opened on the repeated insistence of the Agent/staff of Axis Bank. At the time of opening of this account a cheque of Rs 5,000 was taken from me. On 19.09.09 I found that the balance is reduced to Rs 4,308.75 without any withdrawal made by me. Mini statement taken from ATM revealed that Rs 105 were debited for ATM card on next day of opening the account. This reduced down the balance below minimum limit. Hence Rs 750 as penalty & Rs 77.25 as service tax were debited for quarter ended on 30th Jun09.

Sir, for evidence of above fact a copy of Mini Statement is enclosed herewith. On going through this, you will also agree that the amount deducted for non maintaining minimum balance have been deducted for no fault of mine. In fact this penalty should be imposed on the person responsible for opening my account. He should have asked me a cheque of Rs 5,105.00 instead of Rs 5,000. He should have explained me that a sum Rs 105.00 will be immediately debited from my account for ATM card thereby the balance will be reduced from minimum required. Unfortunately the agent/staff of the bank seems to be interested only in getting new account opened. They are not at all interested in customers satisfaction.

With above complaint, and for reimbursement of the amount debited, the branch manager was approached on 22.09.09. Seeing the poor and irresponsible service He was also requested for closer of the account. The manager destroyed the cheque book me and asked to take out the balance available. Hence Rs 4,300.00 were taken out from the account. A copy of the letter submitted that day is enclosed herewith. For pay back of the penalty, he assured to consider favorably.

I request your kind goodself to please make a justice with me and arrange the reimbursement of the amount debited for no fault of mine.

With due regards,

Yours Faithfully

(Archana Gupta)

P.S. Recently, I have taken out a mini statement, & found that another Rs 750.00 have been debited from this account for the quarter ended on 30th Sept., making the balance negative. Therefore while deciding the reimbursement kindly consider this amount too.

----------------------