Bag It Today - credit card scam

R L N Murthy
I received a phone call on09.08.2010 around 11 AM on my BSNL land line number ( 040-27055707) from one Mr. Aditya of India Today Book club office. He informed me that I was selected for a prize of jewllery worth Rs.50,000 and I had to pay Rs.598 for processing it through my credit card. He asked for Credit card details including the 3-digit code number on the reverse. Though not interested, I was made to give my ICICI card number ( 4477460700362207) which he fed to the answering machine of the bank. It announced the amount Rs. 598 was charged to my card.
This was followed by a series of calls from some girls speaking in Hindi and claiming to be from India Today who started annnouncing a few more gifts like camp cords, dimond jellery worth Rs.120000, mobiles etc etc some of whch were charged to my credit card using the card number. I came to know an amount of Rs.58,800.20 was charged by this fraud company of your esteemed Group. They siad that the gifts will be delivered in a week. Finally one person, Anupam, who said that he was also from India Today, Delhi offered a Holiday package which I refused to accept. Then he said that I would forego all the other gifts if I did not accept the Holiday offer. I said I was ready to forego.
I suspected some fraud in this and immedaitely sent an e-mail to Customer care Dept. of ICICI Bank.
There was call again today and on insisting the girl on line gave the phone num ber of bagittoday. I contatcted bagittoday but they are not cooperative - they want me to furnish billing details which I do not know.
I found from website that I am not the only victim and thre are many more cheated by this company.
I am 63 years old person who had undergone angioplasty recently and recovering from heart related problems . I request you to please save me from becoming a prey to this credit card fraud of your group company. .
I am also approaching Cyber Crime Police and also consumer forum based on the evidence I have about the involvement of your Group company.

rlnmurthy@google.com

RLN MURTHY

Comments

same thing is happened with me.i was told that i hv won of worth rupees 110000.00 gift vouchers.i hv purchased two more things they are on 4th august..n 25 th n 26 th aug 2010 total 5698+598+8998+598+2000 and for all of these I hv got only 4 reebok watches n the voucher (the gifts) but not the original products..whats the wrong with ur company.?india today is on one side a promising news line and bag it today is on the other hand a big fraud site .is not it?i need my funds immediately..
Pankaj Mahanta
N Mar 21, 2011 by
amar.glwade

This is a complete fraud organization. un professional. All you can expect from them is send you spam e-mails, the moment you click on an e-mail and show interest they would start calling you and push you to make a online card payment ( by throwing some extra benefits of a free gift, so that they get the money) and once this is done you are in the trap. you shall never receive the order. Reasons like " order is not placed due to technical problems" " server is down" " we apologize" We will right now place the order and it will be punched in 2 days and bull ***t like that. The payment is done but they cant locate the payment and would ask you for a payment id, even if you provide that alll you can accept is Apologies. I would suggest to people that if you really want to buy something take the effort and but it from a shope but dont fall prey to this website. and in case you want to buy a gift for someone, be readdy for a complete disaster to happen. I have yet not recieved the order but I am sure when I do ( if I do ) it wount be the perfect thing what i actually ordered. So guys understand that you are educated people and dont fall prey to the amazing offers they throw. You wont get it.

Reff : order number 474460025 : "" PAYMENT ID NUMBER "" 76196