Bata India Limited - REPAIR / REPLACEMENT OF INFERIOR QUALITY SHOE SOLD BY THEM

SWARNENDU BANERJEE
Few months ago I have purchased on sports shoe ( product code : 80867267 ) from Bata Shoe Store located at Baguiati, Kolkata priced Rs 1099/-( one thousand ninety nine only ) after using it for 2 to 3 days I found the shoe defective ( as it was causing muscle stiffness & the cushioning was not so good ) hence I reported the matter to the shop keeper and after having a few words with them the kept the shoe for examination and latter on they refused to return the money and provided me another fresh pair from there collection and assured me that the product will not harm BATA INDIA's pride next time.

On using the new pair ( product code : 80847057 )for 2 & 1/2 months I found the sole of the shoe broken by nearly 02 inches again on reporting the matter to the same shop keeper he told me that he was helpless as the product warranty of bata shoe last for maximum 2&1/2 months only but he told me to bring the shoe after the festival season (as in WEST BENGAL numbers of puja's like Durga puja, Kali Puja etc was there and during this time shops used to be packed with customer).

As I am working under Govt Of India, Ministry Of Defence and I get less time to visit the shop for amicable solution in this matter I planed to write the matter to Bata Customer Care (for amicable solution /decision) and for past 1&1/2 months after repeatedly mailing them (as each and every time they doesn't respond to my mail) once they asked me to provide me the details of the shop name, product code, date of purchase, etc and on providing them the same again they didn't conveyed there decision for 3 days again after writing them again after 2 days there Sr customer Care Officer Mr. Tejjinder Bagga wrote me once again to provide me the details ( 3 weeks are about to go ) but till now they didn't conveyed there decision.

As they are neither conveying there decision nor they are responding to my mail (each and very time they are asked to respond to my mail) it is requested to kindly intervene into the matter for a decision .

Mr. SWARNENDU BANERJEE
CC-74, Baguiati, Narayantala (East)
P.O : Aswininagar
Kolkata : 700059

Comments

I brought one pair of formal bata shoe for a 1000 rupees from a mall in chennai on 27th of feb 2010, thinking bata is quality name and i will observe full value to money invested. But to my utter disappointment, the sole of the both the shoes broken within 3 months(given i have used the shoes for office purpose only). When i approached the store, i bought the shoe from, he denied to take the responsibilty. It is very unfortunate that the brand name like bata is losing its groung when it comes to quality and customer service. it is not a surprize people moving to other foreign brands.
If i have to buy a new shoe every 3 months then what is the point of taking a bata shoe.

An early response will be appreciated.

Mohd Imran Ansari
Associate software engineer

Respected Sir,
I would like to inform you that I had purchased a pair of shoes having article no. 854 - 6643, size no.7 Ambassador @ Rs. 1999.00 from your Lindsay street showroom at Kolkata.
But the sole of the shoe cracked within few days of its use. Unfortunately the cash memo for the purchase of this pair of shoes is lost in transit.
I took this shoe to your BATA showroom at korba ( Mr. S.K.Silla ) for replacement. They admitted that the shoe was defective one but advised me to take permission for replacement from the Eastern Headquarters of BATA INDIA LTD. and gave me the above address.
You are therefore, requested kindly to accord your approval for replacing the defective pair of shoes through your BATA showroom situated at KORBA town in Chhattisgarh state.
Hoping your kind favour and an early action.
Thanking you.

Satbir Singh Bhatia
HIG 75 Maharana Pratap Nagar KORBA
Dist. KORBA ( C.G )
Cell - +9196175 77777
email. satbir_bhatia@rediffmail.com

Dear Sir

I purchased a Power shoes of your company(Bata) from BATA SHOE STORE THE FLAGSHIP STORE FD-7 Pitam Pura -34, on 26th March' 10, my recept no. 4400. TIN:- 07810055559 .and I regret to say that quality of that product is really below my imagination. The leather used for manufacture sole of this shoes is worst and both shoes of shole has broken. I have no satisfaction with the poor quality of products from Bata shoe company.

I have registered the complain on BATA SHOE STORE THE FLAGSHIP STORE FD-7 Pitam Pura -34 to replace it but he said I send his shoes for repair.
After that I went to the shop on deliver date but my shoe not repair properly.

I Mention your Require fiend:-

1.Article No. :- 8084541

2.Nature Of Defect :- Both Shoes of Sole are Broken

3. Date of Purchase :-26/03/2010

4. Date of Claim :-10/06/2010

Sir when I visit the respected Store of Bata (BATA SHOE STORE THE FLAGSHIP STORE FD-7 PITAMPURA DELHI-34), he said company provide 50% claim.
But I want to new shoe. Because the purpose of purchase Bata shoe is Long Lasting (Minimum 3 years). I am your regular customer from last 10 years. So please Replace New Shoe.

Sir I complained many times(10 times) on Customer Services Dept. Bata India Ltd. but still my complaint is under process.

So sir plz replace my defective shoes.

Thanks & Regards,
Dipak Singh
Asst. Manager(Income Tax Dept.)
#9891940230

I have purchased a pair Shoes from Big Bazar Mall, Mulund Check Naka FOUR months ago & I have paid Rs.1, 700/- to them. First of all the Sole came out, I got it repaired. Now, the Leather Skin is comimg out which is not repairable. I am Sixty Year old, Where should I run get it replaced? I am ready to PAY the repairing charge, if required.
I am wearing BATA shoes from my childhood.
RASIK PATEL
Mobile - 09323277162
vicksad bata sports shoes  - Karad, Satara, Maharashtra, India

Heavy cracks on shoe within 3 days of use - bata sports shoes

I ve purchased BATA shoe- Part code -80811346 from BATA out let at Karad on 30.08.2010 for Rs.749.85/-. Receipt no. 77334/30.08.10. Shopkeeper assures that this shoe is meant for Badminton as written on its Sole as "PLAY COURT". But within two days of play heavy cracks developed on the shoe and sole is detached. This is really surprised me and when I contact shopowner he just say that there will be no replacement,I'll only repair the shoe. But after repairy sole again gets detached. So I return this shoe to the Shopkeeper with frustration. If any body help me in this matter.

Please note that i had bought sports shoes PRODUCT CODE is 808-9892 in the month of MAY and payment was made by my DEBIT CARD No. 4667 0662 3801 3517 of ICICI Bank.
These shoes have been damaged completely. For instance: Sole of both shoes had come out and the entire white leather skin of upper got completely damaged. These shoes i have shown to your showroom at nirmal lifestyle -Mumbai, Mulund West, they agreed with my complain but they said that they are helpless as the warranty was only for 2months.However
they advised me to send a email complain to customer service for solution of complain.We beleive that Bata is a Big Brand and at least shoes will last for 6 months.But in this case, shoes completely damaged in 3months. This might had happened due to use of poor quality material or shoes might have been sold from the old lot.

REQUEST:
PLEASE TAKE BACK THE DAMAGED SHOES AND PROVIDE A FREE REPLACEMENT. Your reply will be appreciated.

I HAD PURCHASED THREE ITEMS FROM YOUR CAMAC STREET, KOLKATA OUTLET IN THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 2010 UNFORTUNATELY OUT OF THOSE ITEMS ONE LADIES SANDALS MAKE NO. 501-6606 - 5 (COMFIT) IS BECOME UN-USABLE. THE SOLE OF THE SAID SANDALS ARE DAMAGED WITHIN ONE AND A HALF MONTH. I HAD PAID FOR THE SAID ITEMS RS. 1099/- UNFORTUNATELY I MISPLACED THE CASH MEMO OF THE SAID ITEMS. PLEASE LOOK INTO THE MATTER. THE ITEMS I HAD PURCHASED ARE FURNISHED BELOW :-

1. LEATHER BAG BLACK PRICE APPROX RS. 800/-
2. ONE GENTS SHOES PRICE RS. 1499/- MAKE NO. 871-4589-9
3. LADIES SANDALS NO. 501-6606-5 PRICE RS. 1099/-

AS A PERMANENT BATA PRODUCT CUSTOMER I EXPECT YOUR BEST ASSISTANCE IN THE MATTER .

SHIVAJI BOSE
35/7, BAKSARA ROAD
PO - BAKISARA, HOWRAH - 711 110

EMAIL:: shivaji.bose @sbi.co.in
shel_shel Bata  - Meerut, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India

broken soles after 2 months of purchase - Bata

Myself Chander mohan mishra .i took shoes from Bata India Limited,Das Building,AbuLane,Meerut on 10-09-10.
The cash memo says 10-09-10/1/0067 03380
Article SS=8916356 5
Size 8
The Sole of the shoes broke off within two months of purchase .I went to the dealer ,he is saying that i need to mark a complaint to the customer care for repair or replace ment My contact number is 7417805261,& e-mail id is shel_shel@rediffmail.com.Pls revert for action waiting.

A Jan 1, 2011 by
pinks2746

bata is a big company i agree but in some of the stores (i would not take the names) customer service is worst . they treat a customer like a servent
N Jan 24, 2011 by
Sunny Abraham .K. Bata India Limited  - Kanjirappally, Kottayam, Kerala, India

BAD SMELL ARISE AFTER USING - SPORTS FOOTWEAR

Respected sir;
I bought a sports footwear of ADIDAS from a near by shope @ Kanjirappally.After using it for some days a bad and a rough smell is came from it.I felt very much shameful to wear it and go outside to the public.Please recieve my complaint and suggest a solution for this.
Your's faithfully
Joseph K A kANJIRAPPALLY KOTTAYAM
N Feb 7, 2011 by
R. Jaganathan

Respected sir,

i purchased a pair of comfit shoe for a sum of Rs.2299/- at Mount Raod Bata Show room, Chennai. in the month of October 2010. I, infact, used the said pair from the month of january 2011 on my auspicious day. I just used only 30 days. Thereafter a upper portion of my shoes were torn out. immediately the last weak of January 2011, I lodged a complaint in this regards. The manager was politely accpeted my grievance letter and informed me that 50% of the value of the shoes would be repaid. The gentle man who inturn wrote a letter confirming his stand. I do not accept his statement.

I respectfully submit I wanted to get same pair without defective shoes of comfort alone. Therefore, i request you to do the needful in this regard.
A Mar 10, 2011 by
ektaaraheja

Hi All,

I do not think there would be any use for writing any complaints here on this portal.

I am just fed up of the system that BATA INDIA is following & befooling customers with low quality shoes.

Above all, there is no response from the customer care section. I jad decided not to buy a single pair ever again in my lifetime from BATA.
N Mar 16, 2011 by
kchaluva

I send a mail to your customer care center but I did not receive any replay mail and solution for my problem.

Try to revert me back with the solution.

Kishore,
9790947620.

Sub: Product Replacement request.

This is Kishore from Chennai, I purchased couple of shoos(2999/- + 749/- ), cheppals(1899/-) and other things(249+89) in your Bata showroom in Chennai velachery branch, all the goods amount nearly 6000/-. Here my problem is with cheppals. One day I ware cheppals and I went outside and suddenly rain was came but I walk through with cheppals rain itself (because your executive was said that it was water proof). After some days the cheppals was giving bad smell and also it is spoiled. Now the issue is yesterday i went to Bata showroom for asking replace and service. The people is saying that we won't give any replacement and free service for this. They suggested me to write a mail to customer care they will give the solution for you on this. below i am giving my bill details.

Branch Address:

CST No 33848,
TIN No 33780640687,
CASH Memo :07-12-10/1/0109 01062
prod code - 8644975 2

See the attachment for getting my bill details.

Could you please provide the replacement for this.

Kindly help on this issue and revert me back with replay as soon as possible.

Kishore,

Customer Care,
Bata India Ltd.,
Gurgaon, Haryana. .

Dear Sir:

Before my departure for USA, I had purchased from the MG Road Show Room, Ernakulam, Kerala, on or about the 10th of March 2011, two Hush Puppies Shoes (one black and one brown, both size 8) for giving them as gifts to my son living in Los Angeles, USA. On reaching Los Angeles, USA, on 14.03.2011, I presented the shoes to my son, but unfortunately, these were not suitable for him. I therefore took them back from him and I wish to return them to the said MG Road Branch in Ernakulam on my return from USA to Kochi on or after 25th June 2011. I am now in New Jersey where I had come on 20th April 2011 and will be leaving for Kochi on 23.06.2011. Kindly give suitable advice to your Branch to allow this exchange. Purchase bill will be presented by me.

My son is also expected to visit me in August 2011. It will be better if he tries the new shoes and take them instead of my exchanging the shoes on my return to Kochi in June 2011. I suggest that I will return the two Shoes to the said Branch which may accept and issue a receipt for them and I may be given the opportunity to buy the shoes in August 2011 when my son comes to Kochi. No refund is required from you. If the exchange then involves higher values, these will be paid by me.

An early reply will be greatly appreciated.

Yours faithfully,

GR Nair,
25.04.2011.

P.S. AS I WAS NOT ABLE TO GET THE E-MAIL ADDRESS OF YOUR CUSTOMER CARE MANAGER, I AM SENDING THIS TO YOU. KINDLY FORWARD THIS TO HIM FOR
SUITABLE ACTION.

A May 5, 2011 by
Satya_ Prakash

To,
Bata India Limited

This is for you kind information that I am purchase a new shoe in your
so room at exhibiton Road, Patna-80001, in month of January-11, for
Rs.1999.00 (one thousand nine hundred ninety nine only), its brand
name is Bata Comfit. And that time shoe sole is crack in eadge side,
and purchase bill copy has loosed.

So you are requesting please replace or repair the shoe, I always
remain your best co-operation.

Article No. 855-6011

The customer service
Bata india limited
Gurgaon, Harayana
sir;
I have complained regarding a shoe purchased at bata india limited, exhibition road patna on 05-04-2011.shoe is comfit black number 7855-601101037.Sole of the shoe is broken after one and half month.I have e-mailed a complain on 05-04-2011 but still now i could not get reply from customer services. please, suggest the manager to return the shoe.
thanking you.
D.R. Lalan Prasad Singh
N Jul 31, 2011 by
T J BABU Bata India Limited  - Delhi, South Delhi, Delhi, India

repair/replacement - cpdw

Dear sir, There must be a surprise checking in pushpa vihar immdtly as many many Govt Quarters
have been given on rent by allottees, specially in type III, Type I in sector IV m b road pushp vihar. Causes which the person comes delhi on permanent posting does not get quarter. Such curreption should immdtly stopped. This is sole resposibility of estate office nirman bhawan to check it time to time.
N Oct 27, 2011 by
biswanath.pramanick

I purchased a pair of shoe and a pair of socks from your showroom situated at 8 JESSORE ROAD, DAKBANGLO MORE, BARASAT, KOLKATA-700124, on 26.10.2011.When I checked the socks I found that the
size of socks was different.The colour of the socks was brown and requirement was the same.
But the salesman didnt give me what I wanted.He also remarked that it never possible to arrange as per my requirement.

REQUEST:
PLEASE EXCHANGE THE SOCKS WHICH I PURCHASED FROM YOUR SHOWROOM AND ARRANGE TO GIVE ME THE SOCKS OF SAME COLOUR(BROWN) AND PROPER SIZES(FREE SIZE)...

thanking you,
BISWANATH PRAMANICK
mob no:9674713078
email:bisu1257307@yahoo.in
N Oct 27, 2011 by
V.pavani

I purchased a Black color slipper ref our article no--9990020 of 1 no of your company(Bata) from BATA India limited/S.D.ROAD/Clock tower show room, on 17th Oct around 6.30hrs &, my recept no. dt is on 17/10.2011 . TIN:- 28030234680 .and I regret to say that quality of that product is really below my imagination. The Strap has come out within a very short interval. I have no satisfaction with the poor quality of products from Bata shoe company.

I have registered the complain on 27.10.2011 4 to replace it but he said that bata company will give only the warranty service on the prodcuts withhin 6 months not the replacement.

And collected the slippers and assured to get the slipper repaired within 2 working days .

I Mention your Require fiend:-

1.Article No. :-9990020

2.Nature Of Defect :- strap came out on 1 slipper.

3. Date of Purchase :-17.10.2011

4. Date of Claim :-27.10.2011

Looking on the condition of th slippers it is felt thatbata company is not maintaining the quality, as given the assurance. I sincerely feel it is a manufacturing defect. and Request you to provide 100% replacment for its manufacturing defects.
with rgards/
contact no
Pavani/9391318389
A Nov 30, 2011 by
kpundir

I bought a shoe from Bata Shoe Store, Sarojini Nagar Market, New Delhi. The Shoe (Code No 5416875) was bought by me in August 2011. Within 4-5 days of use, the sole of the shoe came out. I got it replaced from the said Bata Store. But to my utter dismay, the new pair of shoe (Code No 551-6146) claim No 423 dt 03.092011also was of inferior quality. The sole of the shoe started getting damaged and I again took the shoe to the Bata Store. The Manager Mr Vijay Kumar at Bata Store Sarojini Nagar, New Delhi refused the replaced the shoe saying that it can't be replaced against Claim when he very well knew that it can't be fixed. He was very admanat and rude to me. He said it will be fixed at our factory and I was asked to take the delivery of the shoe in a week's time. After using it for 5-6 days, the sole of the shoe is completely damaged from the heels and is irreparable. He is again saying that he will fix it. My shoes are with the store and I have been again given a repair slip No 534 dt 30.11.2011. This is a complete harrassment to people like us who have spent so much (Rs.999/-) on the shoe and are being given false assurances. I request your goodself to please replace the shoe at the earliest as the sole of the shoe is of inferior quality and cannot be repaired.

Kusum
Article No 551-6146 (Price 999/-)
email: kusumpundir@gmail.com