Initial Defect LCD TV sold to customer without followup action
1. I have purchased a 22 inch Samsung LCD TV from jabalpur branch of Big Bazaar on 21 Mar 2010.
2. This TV had initial defect of power supply, where in the TV once switched off either by remote or by power button of the LCD the TV does not switch on again by any means and the power LED continues to blink continuously. The power button on the wall has to be switched off and then after about a period of about 20-25 min the TV can be swithed on again. At the time of purchase the electronic section of Big Bazaar assured me that if any problem was observed with the product I could exchange the product. This was a typical problem which could be detected only after getting the product home
3. on observing the defect I lodged a complaint with the Big Bazaar on 21 Mar 2010 itself and asked for replacement. However i was assured that there could be minor operational problem and the Samsung representative would visit me and resolve the problem during visit for Demonstration and fitting of wall mount.
4. I also lodged the complaint with Samsung on 21 mar 2010 with BP No. 8414106134. Samsung representative turned up after five days however he stated that it was an initial defect.
5. I again approached the Big Bazaar outlet at Jabalpur and not getting adequate response I lodged tele complaint with Big Bazar customer care office at Mumbai on 27 mar 2010 with the ID of my mob no 9617773334. Assurance of prompt response was given to me, however due to no fruitful results i again lodged the complaint with Mumbai office on 31 Mar 2010 with same Id.
6. May i request that the company be asked to replace the TV at the earliest.