BIG TV - Complaint against BIG TV

Mojo Zoox
I bought Big TV near the Perambur loco station, Chennai on 01-Sept-2008. It was from a marketing gimmick that I felt for. I paid on the spot in hot cash and I was told by one Mr. Shakthi (Sales Person) (9962726943) that the service will be installed and activated within 4 hours. I was been told to get a workorder number by giving the smart card number to the customer Service(!!!). I was told that in 48 hours my channels will show up in my Tv after I have recharged. I recharged immediately and confirmed with the customer Service(!!!) that my recharge was successful. I called the customer Service(!!!) on their toll free number after 72 hours that I haven't got anything exept the blue screen with the channel list and when clicked on any channel it throws a message to subscribe.

I called the person who installed this TV name unknown (9940559298) and he gave me 4 other numbers to call and check. (9382245118, 9362100151, 9884360138 and 32965005).

Later I called Shakthi (Sales Person) (9962726943) and got the office number (30277333) and I talked to them and he said it will be solved in 3 hours. Later I got a call from (26176768) and was told that its not their problem and was asked to contact customer care.

I again called up customer care and they gave me a list of complaint numbers every time I called them that I lost track of all the numbers (75259212, 75496209, 75945671...)> Evry time there will be this sterio type reply of "Will be resolved in 48 hours and again a new complaint number. Lastly I was told that my smart card was deactivated for UNKNOWN reasons. After a good negotiation of more then 45 minutes, I got the IRRESPONSIBE manager name (Mr. Javed) not sure if that's a real one or a phoney????.

This is the successful 16th day without any success. I am really cursing myself to choose this reliance Big TV as it had been the most horrendous experience one could ever get.

I filed a complaint to info@bigtv.co.in, care@core.nic.in, trai@del2.vsnl.net.in,
trai@trai.gov.in.

I am really fed up to the core that I contacted core. If you could help in any ways of getting me this cursed vodoo box installed or to get back my swindled money along with a compensation for all the pain thta I have to go through. My contact information will be best through email as I read emails every day atleast 10 times.

[Updated by M.Eswaraiah Mar 27, 2014]

Comments

I have purchase Big TV with 1 year subscription with Pupular pack (133 channels) 6 days ago.

Many of the channels are still not visible on my tv.

Not proper responce from Big TV call center and Local sales person Vikram

Subodh Patil
Alibag.

After several compalins no result as not a single chanels are coming to my big tv purcheased in end of aug.08 from 15-09-08 i do not know what to do with this i thought to retun to dealer.

I am chandravijay gohil from Bangalore (Karnataka) and basically from Gujarat. I have purchased Big TV
on 12-Sep-08 and it was activated on 14-Sep-08. It was running fine upto 15
days. Last Moday it was giviing error as "Please subscribe your channel".
after that i called to customer care and followed some steps and generated
the complain.They told that the complain will be solved withing 48 hours but
till now it is in pending state.

Please find the below details.

Smart card no : 200593405358
complain no: 76971258 (Raised on 30-Sep-08)
Name: chandravijay gohil
Contact : 09916304315

They activated wrongly another package instead of what i want. the same i lodged complaint at customer care, till date no action has been taken, already 8 days gone. this is the big tv. we are suffering alot with big tv.

i m harjeet from gurgaon buy big tv on september 16th. in very first all is good but the customer service is very bad. i call for english movie they ask me to recharge first. when i recharge and call them they didnt play the movie on same day niether other day. i call again for complaint and ask for other movie they run same old movie and not new 1 what i will ask them to run, they debit my account with Rs.60+Rs.60 for both movies which i m not see on big tv. also for customer care need to wait for more then 10 minutes everytime which will extra burden on mobile bills cause of STD call charges to mumbai. I call customer care last week for activate ten sports on my big tv (in very first i will see all channels for 20 days they they stop soo many channels and ask to pay money for paid channel, thats the surprise in 3 months pack) but a customer care lady whose name is Anamika will took 20 minutes and sure that my services is activated. later i am surprise when i m not get same channel. also the pack of ten sports is of Rs. 40 and need to pay for 6 months in advance of Rs. 240 for that. thats a fraud, cause soo many things r hidden and they all r cheeters to make money from customers pockets with great tricks. Really a worse service in its class by relaince. No wonder that how relaince is very rich cause reliance make his empire with cheating ppls. i hate relaince products.

Bad mistake opting for Big TV. Please think twice and go through the list of channels available. - Reliance BIG TV////////////////////////////////////////////////

I brought Big Tv from Rajalakshmi's dream world, Kagdaspura, Bangalore on 2nd Oct. I opted for the 2190 south starters pack as I was told by the dealer that with this package all the channels are free for 1 year. Everything went fine. The installation was on time. Picture quality perfect. Less than 1 month into the plan I have started realizing my mistake. To start off the channels started appearing as paid instead of free. Zee channels, Neo Sports, Neo Cricket has all of a sudden become paid. The first day I had this problem and called the customer care I was told that there is a technical issue and would be sorted soon. Obviously that didn't happen. 2 days after that I called back again and this time I was told that these channels are not part of the package (Complaint number 79174226). I informed about the dealers details and was assured that things would be looked after. Today I called back again at customer care to enquire about my complaint and this guy tells me that it’s my mistake and I should have called back at customer care after buying the product ;-) You don’t call customer care after buying a product right ?? you call only if you have a problem. And the really sad part was the guy hung up on me ;-( I don't know if that was Mr Ambani himself. Well he can do that. I am just a common man. I called back again at the customer care to report about the incident and am promptly refused that this cannot be taken as a complaint but as a feedback. I know what you are going to do with my feedback. Take a print out and use it as toilet paper. People who are reading this do not misunderstand me. I do not mind paying 100 Rs more, but the thing is I should have been informed at the time of buying and not 1 month later. And I do expect a little respect. I am now thinking that maybe I made a mistake...a mistake of opting for reliance when there were other established players.
Raju

BIG TV - WORST SERVICE I have ever seen in my life for any product!!! I am planning to complain in consumer court for causing me mental agony.

PLEASE DON'T BUY BIG TV...IF YOU WANT PEACE IN YOUR LIFE!!!

wrong plan exicuted - BIG TV

since 2nd of dec. i am not in position to see STAR PLUS, ZEE TV, AND ALL THOSE CHANELS WHICH ARE INCLUDED IN PRIMIUM PACK OF RS. 2690

channel listed in 2990 plan is not being shown - Big TV subscription

I am BIG TV customer my smart card no is 200533550909. I subscribed rs 2990/ plan with one year free subscription scheme. but i would like to bring to your notice that most of the channels like 9X, Cartoon Network, 9XM, Discovery etc. which were running on my tv has not been displaying. please advise why some channel have been blocked on connection.

SIR PLZ SOLVE MY BIG PROBLEM. i buy my big tv connection
2990rs and for 12 month period. after 3 month to go and i calling to coustomer care to add some more channal and he told me that your pack 2490 for 6 month only when i told to c.c how can you do this. he reply that may be this is our technician folt or may be where you buy his flot, also told me we can't help you can use only 6 month after you can chose our pack like 98, 150 this is not fare
my validity 12 month how can i use 6 month. this is not my folt

WORST STD - BIG TV

my STB switch off automatically while running, i have made a lot of complaint on CCARE. NO action taken.
this is the worst product in the whole world. Shame on the Company.

hi i am bigtv subsciber and i purchased a set top box for rs 3990 smart plan for one year. but when i talked to customer care they told me that they have updated my account for three month plan only. when i told them to change my plan for one year as i had taken a smart plan for one year . but they saying that this offer is discontinued now and now they can't change my plan . their is not any customer fault as they had updated wrong plan on my account. now i am helpless and planning to case file on big tv.

i suggest everyone not to buy big tv as it is the worst service in india. they only want to make money whether by hook or crook.

I got a 6 Months Subscription for 2 set top boxes in September and the customer care says that a 3 MONTHS pack was activated... Now they are not ready to negotiate in any way...
Neither my Set top box is working properly. But these morons...

they are asking extra money, making fraud - BIG TV

We Are From Indore, Big tv company have charged Rs.2990/- on 3/10/2008, through ANUSHA ENTERPRISES AUTHORISED AGENCY INDOREOF BIG TV.Our smart card no. is 200586244648, C.A.F.NO. 40000111697860, At the time of installetion company had promised us that they will serve all channel, INCLUDE ALL premium and all chanel whole year free, but after 15 days of installetion big tv removed his zee tv (all channels) and now after 3 mont now these days they are sending sms and notices on tv through bg tv that we have to pay 220/- rs. month to see all channel otherwise they will close all channel .this is fraude, and we are in big mental tension even my childrens cant see cartoon network because for this they are also asking extra recharge amount.again and again companys costomer care atandent says we will start your services but they are not providing all channels to us and also they always says this is happen due to our authorised agensy Anusha Enterpises, but this is not consumers fault, we feel that we have looses our mental peace and money this is fraud.

NAVER TAKE BIG TV INSTALLETION...BIIGEST FRAUD SERIES OF AMBANI'S (BIG TV) NO...BIG FRAUD...THIS IS REAL NAME

UNUSED CHARLES - BIG TV

MERE BIG TV ACCOUNT MEIN OCT. 2008 MEIN 230RS. THE. USKE BAAD MAINE APNA BIG TV KA KOI BHI ACTIVATE NAHI KARWAYA. AB JAB MAINE JAN. KE 2ND WEEK MEIN APNA BALANCE PUCHNE KE LIYE BIG TV KE CUSTOMER CARE PAR PHONE KIYA TO PATA CHALA KI MERE ACCOUNT AB NEGATIVE 300 RS. BALANCE HAI. MAINE PUCHA TOH WOH BOLE KI CHAHE AAP KOI PACK ACTIVATE KARVAYE YA NA KARVAYE AAPKE ACCUNT MEIN SE PAISE TO HAR MAHINE KATE JAAYENGE.YE IN BIG TV WAALO KI LOOT HAI. SO, PLEASE DON'T BUY BIG TV . IT'S MY REQUEST.CUSTMER CARE IS USELESS OF BIG TV.

How can i check my big tv account statement

complaint unused charles - BIG TV

To,
Complain department
BIG TV

SUBJECT - COMPLAIN

I have take Ur Big TV connection before a month ago 23 September 2008 n my customer id is 200572856888
Named Shailendra Singh. Now a days I m suffering from Ur bad service that I have begin with staterpack 1 (28/12/08)
And Zee TV. Now I surrender this 20/01/09 and start with staterpack 3. Now problem is that the money which u detect is
staterpack 3 and u provide staterpack 1. I have complain this several time to Ur call center at
(Mr. Shakeel Ahmed n complain no. was 87038605)
(Mr. Sachin n complain no was 87172736)
(Mr. Kumar n complain no was 87273390)
(Mr. Ashish n complain no was 87395649)
(Mr. MANOJ n complain no was 87700757)

N today (31012009) we want to complain Mr. Animesh (super wiser) but he didn’t give any response and complain no.
Besiding that I have talk to several of Ur representative at Ur call center.

That’s very poor n embarrassment performance with Ur hand. Now I just want pls refund my money and stat my staterpack 3.

DATE -: 31/01/09 THANKS

To,
Complain department
BIG TV

SUBJECT - COMPLAIN

(Mr. Shakeel Ahmed n complain no. was 87038605)
(Mr. Sachin n complain no was 87172736)
(Mr. Kumar n complain no was 87273390)
(Mr. Ashish n complain no was 87395649)
(Mr. MANOJ n complain no was 87700757)

Besiding that I have talk to several of Ur representative at Ur call center.

DATE -: 31/01/09 THANKS

Date: 09-02-2009
From:
Mr. Siddhesh H. Khadapatti,
Khorlim Mapusa
Goa.

Subscription ID: 200550507692
Entry Offer: Got Big TV free with the 29” LG Television + Paid Rs. 700 Extra for Smart 2190 Offer

Sub: SMS Received demanding for the monthly subscription

This is regarding the SMS received by me on 04-02-2009 from 52241 saying “Dear BIG TV customer, your monthly charges of Rs. 180 towards subscriber id 200550507692 are due on 14-Feb-09”. I was shocked.
Immediately after receiving the SMS, I contacted your customer care centre. I was not satisfied with the answers provided to me. I also spoke to your senior Representative who seems to be fresh & joined you recently & don’t know the details 0f the offers offered during the launch of your DTH services. He told me that the 700 Rs. Which I paid for activating the smart 2190 plan was actually their installation charges.
How it can be sir, as per your offer the installation was free, I have retained the leaflet highlighting “ Installation free, NO HIDDEN CHARGES” and attaching the Xerox copy of the same herewith. Your technicians who came to install the dish never asked me for it, & I confirmed with them too.
At the time your technicians came to install the Dish they specifically asked me the plan I want to choose. I told them about the smart 2190 offer and paid 700 Rs. Extra. Infront of me they scratched the value voucher of amounting 700 ( which can be seen on my Recharge account) & I was told that my plan has been activated and I can watch the channels as per the lite pack for complete one year & I don’t need to pay anything for one year.
Every time I call to your customer care I confirms first about my plan activation because I have also opted for the south channels for which I am paying 50 Rs. For 15 south Channels.
Sir, When I have already opted for the Smart 2190 Offer which allows me to watch Your Lite Pack for complete 1 year, how can you send me the sms for demanding the monthly subscription. Your representative threatening me of disconnection if I don’t pay.
I have also emailed to your customer care but did not receive any answers till date. I am very disappointed with your service and keeping all my option open for going to consumer forum also for getting justice.
Hope you find the solution at the earliest.
Attached:
1. Xerox of Offer Leaflet
2. Email sent to your customer care.

Siddhesh Khadapatti.