Birla Sunlife - POLICY SURRENDER

vijarawat on Feb 1, 2011
Myself Vijay Rawat having policy of Birla Sunlife no. 001049321. I have surrendered the policy on 3rd Jan 2011 at Noida Branch. I was told that the payment shall be transferred in my Axis Bank account no. 361010100035273 in 15 days. But after 15 days when I haven’t received any amount in my account I called customer care on 21st Jan 2011 and asked them about the status of my policy. By customer care I came to know that by 28th or 31st Jan 2011 I shall be getting the refund in my account as it takes 15 working days to get the amount transferred there were some holidays in that period.

On 28th Jan 2011 I again called to the customer care and than I came to know that there is mismatch of signature and because of the mismatch the policy has not been processed for the surrender. I get astounded and asked them why they didn’t told me this earlier but there was no satisfactory answer from there side. I was asked to send the signature attested copy from my Axis bank and to submit in the Noida branch. On 29th Jan 2011 I again reconfirm with the customer care regarding the submission of signature attested form and they confirmed that I have to submit the signature attested copy from my bank and to submit at the Nodia Branch. On 29th Jan 2011 I submitted the signature attested copy at Noida Branch.

On 1st Feb 2011 I again got the call from Birla Sun life Mumbai office and they told me that the signature attested form which I submitted is not applicable as I have to fill the signature change form and submitted or email to them. I asked to customer care that why they didn’t tell me on 29th Jan 2011 when I again re-confirm with them what to do. They just said sorry. Also the people at Noida branch didn’t ask me to fill up the signature change form when I submit the attested copy of my signature.

Due to this I have lost my Rs 6000/- as the value of the fund on 3rd Jan 2011 was approx Rs 183000/- and today the value is Rs 177000/-.
Please look into this matter at the earliest.
Thanks &Regards
Vijay Rawat
Complaint comments 1 Comment     Updated:

Comments

N Mar 7, 2011 by
pajmera

Law firm of Prashant Ajmera & Associates may assist this matter. We recently received 100% refund with 3.5 % interest. In toatl 230, 000 in less then one week for one of our client.

Ramesh Amin