Britelite Spiker LED torch - Poor service

Anuj Nair on Nov 30, 2011
I bought a Britelite Spiker LED torch ( with lifetime warranty) two years back from an authorized Britelite distributor in Trivandrum. I use it with utmost care, following the charging and usage procedures and instructions without fault. It failed to work on December 2010 and I gave it for service at Jupiter Services (Trivandrum) , the authorised service centre of Britelite. Got it back in working condition on December second week, after numerous phone calls to the collection centre at Trivandrum and Jupiter's office in Ernakulam.
It ceased to work again, on September 2011 and I handed it over to the collection centre of Jupiter Electronics on September 14, 2011. After 2 1/2 months, I am yet to get it back even after numerous phone calls to their Ernakulam office. "Within two weeks " is the promise they make whenever I contact them. I would have purchased any component / sparepart if it was available in the market, but even the battery is not available for purchase, even from their service centres. I have bought their product trusting the promise of lifetime warranty that they offer and I bought it because I need it for my profession / work.

Comments

N Nov 9, 2013 by
sudheesh v s

Best Review
I bought britelite challenge LED Plus on 09/11/2013 from Pothys Lifestyle Showroom, Thiruvananthapuram. I hope it will serve better and i expect full service and co-operation from the authorities.

A Dec 8, 2011 by
Anuj Nair

I am still to get the Britelite Spiker LED serviced. Was told to wait another two weeks when I contacted their Ernakulam office.
N Feb 1, 2012 by
JAYDIP KUMAR

I ALSO FACED THE SAME PROBLEM WITH JUPITER ELECTRONICS SERVICES CENTER FROM COIMBATORE, ON SERVICING OF MY BRITELITE TORCH. I EVER PAYED Rs 414/- FOR REPLACEMENT OF BATTERY AND BULB, BUT STILL UNSERVICEABLE.THEY ARE ASSURING ME TO REPAIR WITHOUT ANY CHARGE.LETS WAIT AND WATCH...SERVICE IS TOO POOR...JAYDIP
N Feb 29, 2012 by
raj77@gmail.com

To all Gulf malayalees, Britelite is not having enough service centers in Kerala and for the available ones, the service is very poor. Spare parts not available in the open market nor it is available at the service centers. Product is good provided it should not have a problem while using. Unfortunately their products have many complaints after using for 2 or 3 months. Their products are like use and throw.
A May 12, 2012 by
cvlux

AFTER SEEING THIS I DON'T WANT TO PURCHASE ONE.THANKS FOR SAVING ME.
A Jun 26, 2012 by
rajeevudhaya

I bought a Britelite Spiker LED torch ( with lifetime warranty) six months back from an authorized Britelite distributor in Trivandrum. I use it with utmost care, following the charging and usage procedures and instructions without fault. It failed to work on March 2012 and I gave it for service at Jupiter Services (Trivandrum), the authorised service centre of Britelite. Got it back in working condition on June 24 2012, after numerous phone calls to the collection centre at Trivandrum and Jupiter's office in Ernakulam.But it was not working and has the same complaint
From Babu.K
N Aug 6, 2013 by
Vinverth

Thank you very much for all your valuable opinions and feedback, We at Vinverth try our best to offer the best quality products to our customers with the best service. Being in the industry for over two decades we have continuously tried to live up to our name, please understand that numerous laws have come up recently in India, which makes it very hard to import foreign items, especially spare parts, (Anti Dumping Rule). We would never substitute our original parts for cheaper low quality ones and therefore end up suffering a loss as the taxation ends up eating into the product cost. We are in the process of finishing a state of the art manufacturing facility with German technology in our home country India. Also have set up a completely automated multi platform based customer service program to serve our customers better and faster which is due to be launched this year.Please keep giving us your valuable opinions and suggestions to better the company. In the end Vinverth believes your well wishes are worth winning. Thank you---- Vinverth.
N Nov 15, 2013 by
Andrews Mukkadackal

I have one 3 year old Britelite black colored 8" long tube filled with a white colored cylindrical "Saadhanam" and a glass top head which can be used like gavel . Can you tell me what it is?... if ou cannot...I will tell you. The Great life time warranted Torch !.
After spending my hard earned money, induced by the add, I have purchased the above and used satisfactorily for 2 years. And when I felt the complaint of not charging handed over to you service center at Kochi. They said the complaint was with the charger and replaced it by paying more than Rs.300/-. After charging the torch again the intensity of the light became low. Again delivered at your Center and after few weeks they told me that again around Rs.400/- has to be remitted after remittance only they will take up the Job. I sent my man with cash. After a month I was informed that the set is kept ready and asked me to collect. I have brought the set and after charging the result was the same.Then I my self went to your so called Service Center at Palarivattom, Kochi and after pleading with the staff I could get permission to meet one of your Managers and he took the torch in side. After half an hour of waiting he appeared before me and told that there was a clog in the tip of the battery and made it correct and handed over to me. But ... regret to note that the same was repeated gain. Now the TORCH has become totally Blind. I could not use the torch even now. Now I am going to give the Britelite to a local repairer who has promised me to get repaired by replacing your great Cylindrical" sadhanam".
N May 24, 2014 by
Amarjith Indivar

Hi Andrews, i too had similar experience from their so called cheating centre. Of you have got that sadhanam repaired from local repair shop please pass me the shops address and cost. I m also from cochin. amarjith.indivar@gmail.com

Britelite Spiker LED torch - Poor service