Bsnl Wimax - Not working

ritesh13001 on Aug 20, 2011
I have taken a plan 750 Home Unlimited of BSNL Wimax Internet Broadband which has been a nightmare for me.

All this started on 6 August 2011 when I was given a demonstration of Wimax Broadband by BSNL at my place. In demonstration I got a maximum speed of 900 KBps (Nearly 1 MBps) which was an amazing speed.

So, I took a Wimax connection on 8 August 2011 with 750 Home Unlimited plan and Wimax Device was installed at my home on next day by BSNL provided with my connection no., username and password. After installation also I got the same speed of 900 KBps up to next two days (evening of 11 August 2011).

And after 11 August 2011 evening the speed was suddenly reduced to 100 KBps. And on 19 August 2011 10pm the speed was again reduced to 50 KBps and now_____________ I am being provided the same reduced speed of 50 KBps.

I made a complaint regarding this to BSNL and they forwarded the complain. ZTE Technicians (ZTE is providing the Wimax device with BSNL) came to my house and they checked my device with their login ID and got a very good speed (more than 1MBps). They told me that there is no technical problem, BSNL has bounded speed of
your connection, kindly talk to bsnl, and ZTE team went back.

Again I called BSNL and told them, then they were like “itni hi speed milegi”.
If it is really so then why is BSNL confusing the customers by showing 20 times speed in demonstration?

BSNL says Wimax to be a 4G technology whereas they are providing the speed less than 3G. EVDO Card (3G) provides a speed of 80 KBps which is much more than Wimax. If one has to get 50 Kbps speed only then why should he go for Wimax.
EVDO card of BSNL which Device costs half of cost of Wimax, EVDO has a better connectivity from Wimax, I could carry EVDO anywhere whereas Wimax is a home setup. But BSNL people told me that Wimax has better speed. In my words I can say that BSNL is cheating its customers.

Apart from this there is also a major problem after the speed reduction of 11 August 2011. My Wimax Device is hardly able to get connection to its portal. Means I am not able to use its services with reduced speed also. After its speed has been reduced I am able to use internet very rarely, e.g. whenever it gets connected I can use internet until I shut down my Wimax device because after this I cant say that it will connect to internet after how many days. This problem also started after reducing the speed.
Means I am paying a worthless huge amount to BSNL for nothing. And after paying such amount I have to wait for two to three days even for checking my mail.

Additional details

As per this plan user will get a speed of 512 Kbps wherever technically feasible. Whereas in my locality there is no question of technical feasibility as I was already getting 20 times faster speed than this and also I am residing within 2km from nearest transmission (Pahariya BSNL Exchange) whereas its range is upto 15kms.

So, Kindly look after the matter and either provide me a better speed and connectivity or I would like to surrender as I can’t even browse internet with this and I have to pay a huge amount to BSNL for this worthless service.

Ranjan Singh
Wimax Conn. No. 2690503
Mob. 9044720502
Sarnath, Varanasi (UP)

Comments

Abhilash Ujjani BSNL  - India

Not up to their words about the connection speed.... - BSNL

I'm staying at Bogadi 2nd satge N, Mysore.
I got myself a BSNL EV-DO wireless connection @ Rs 4192 from divisional office. According to the product, the connection speed should be 900 kbps. But the available speed is only 60-80 kbps only, tat too in places with full network access.
I met the concerrned person regarding this, but they were least bothered about this.
I'm very much unsatisfied with this kind of service...
N Jul 19, 2011 by
moonlight Bsnl Wimax  - NATHDWARA, Rajsamand, Rajasthan, India

We have bsnl wimax from 1 year. It shows every time connecting and after long time when connected immediately after 5 to 10 minuts disconnected. We had talk with your UDAIPUR, JAIPUR AND BANGLORE office but they have not solved our problam so far. We are in deep trouble because of non working of internet inspite of paying the monthly bill regularly. So you are requested to please get the problam be solved immediately.
Thanks & Reagrds

Moonlight Marbles P.Ltd

OUR ID IS
id295310016@bsnl.in
N Mar 16, 2012 by
birdavinder Bsnl Wimax  - Raya, Amritsar, Punjab, India

my bsnl wimax not working from last 7 days no any possitive support from raya exchange staff idaily gone to bsnl office raya but my problem is not solve
A Jul 10, 2012 by
as_pea Bsnl Wimax  - Raya, Amritsar, Punjab, India

my bsnl wimax not working from last 7 days no any possitive support from ajay exchange staff idaily gone to bsnl office ajay but my problem is not solve
N Aug 8, 2012 by
dharanisivam

my name is sujatha.this langwage is tamil.vanakkam sir.romba kastapattu indha letter eludharen.1.5.12 panam kattinen. 13 day thodarndnu a.e tta ellarum vandhu conecet pannanga conecet aagala.so andru surendar panninen.adhuku apparam oru aal kooda responce pannala.eppo appo nu elukka adichi kasta padutharaanga.edhavadhu help pannunga.3250rs panam kattinen.please help me.my bsnl office madurantagam tamilnadu.my number 9894303635.wimax ac number is 512702039 dharani dharan n
ame.
A Sep 12, 2012 by
Bhuban Boro

Its True. I got a WiMAX conection on 7/9/12. The SDE and two of his fellow men came to my house and intalled the device. After two days...the rest is, as narrated by Mr. Rajan Singh.

Shri Bhuban Boro,

626005. Wimax user : TB10010938@bsnl.in
Cell: 09943221848 A/C No: 512990884
Email: Pranoav@gmail.com

Respected Sir,

Sub: Internet connection problem.

I have got the WIMAX Internet connection from 14.08.2012 and using it. But from 27.10.2012 onwards I haven’t received any connection. Recording this i have complaint to Virudhunagar, BSNL (04562 -242400). But no reasonable response from them. Now we have power problem also. So I kindly request you to consider this problem and rectify it immediately.

N.V: Payment is paid correctly.

Thanking You,

rectify it
N Mar 13, 2013 by
anbusra Bsnl Wimax  - Tamil Nadu, India

wimax - BSNL WIMAX

my bsnl wimax with account no. 51256259 is not working for more than 3 months and after my repeated
complaints there is no response from local exchange...

R. Anbuselvan,