Delivery of Defective product - Furniture Mall
I, undersigned, booked Leather Sofaset + 2 chairs on 31st October 2009 with Furniture mall, G-4, Kothari Warehouse No.3, Premises Co.Op.Soc.Ltd., Off Tikku Ji Ni Wadi Road, Chitalsar, Manpada, Thane (W)-400607 Phone-+91 22 25895814/15 in the iicf exhibition held at Nashik. Challan No. NA-106 dated 31.10.2009.
The total cost of the product finalized was Rs.27250 including 12.5% (Rs.1250) VAT. Out of this, I paid Rs. 1000 in cash and Rs. 15000 through credit card on the spot.
Remaining amount of Rs. 11250 handed over to suppliers person withing 2/3 days.
Supplier given the delivery of said product on 5th November 2009. During spot inspection, I observed lot of defects in the products. Same I shown to the supplier person. But replied that he is labour and don’t know about the defects. Then I called to the concern person Mr. Hitesh who promised me that he will visit next day to my residence and personally look into the problem.
On next day, i.e. on 6th November 2009, supplier sent 2 of this labours for sofaset cleaning; but they did not clean-up the sofaset and chairs. Then I again called up to concern person Mr. Hitesh. Mr. Hitesh again promised me that he will visit next day to my residence to see the problem. I shown all the defects in the product to both the labour persons sent by supplier. The same has been also signed-off with supplier person Mr. Anis Khan on the spot. These signed-off details of defects are as follows :
Sofa and 2 chairs (set) rejected due to below problems and defects in the product :
1. All three pieces are dirty. After cleaning also, strains are not removed by the workmen send by supplier.
2. Sratches on Sofa on front lower side.
3. Leather cut and patch rework done on Sofa back left side, which is clearly and dominantly visible.
4. Leather cut and scrathes at 6 places on sofa back right side, out of which one is very big and dominantly visible.
5. Hole in leather on backside (right side) of one chair.
6. Another chair workmanship is poor, leather is not fitted properly.
7. Wooden blocks are not symmetric and not fitted in straight line.
8. Gap between hand rest and sitting leather is not equal in 2 chairs, which looks very odd.
9. Line on Sofa, vertical and horizontal, not matching with each other.
10. Sofa and 2 chairs are not looking new, having very dull finish.
One photocopy of sign-off defects handed over to supplier person and asked him to handover the same to concern person Mr. Hitesh. Original sign-off copy is available with me.
After that next day again I called up Mr. Hitesh and confirmed that sign-off copy of defects is received by him. But still he has not taken any action and only promised me that he will rectify the defects within 2/3 weeks.
After that I was called up the supplier lot many times, but he was only giving promise that he will send his persons for rectification of the defects. Many a times, he was not picking my phone.
Now almost 4 months are completed and still there is no response from the supplier. Even he is not picking my phone. In last 4 months, I lost my peace of mind. I am totally frustrated and asking help from Consumer forum.
I will request Consumer forum to cancel the supplier’s licence and ask him to return my money back.
It is my humble request to Consumer forum to give me justice.
Looking forward help from Consumer Forum…..
Deepak Balkrishna Harke
Flat No.9, 2nd Floor,
Vijayashree apartment, Near data Mandir,
Rajivnagar township, Nasik – 422009