Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation - CHANGE OF ELECTRIC METER OWNERSHIP

KALI SANKAR ROY
RESPECTED SIR,
THIS IS IN REGARDS TO THE DOMESTIC ELECTRIC METER OF OURS BEARING THE CONSUMER NO. 10036109000, IN THE NAME OF MY UNCLE SRI MONORANJAN ROY, WHO IS AGED AND AILING AT PRESENT. HE HAS EXPRESSED HIS DESIRE TO CHANGE HIS OWNERSHIP AND TRANSFER IT IN MY DAUGHTER'S NAME Sm. SABARMATI ROY. TO THIS EFFECT, I HAD PUT IN THE ORIGINAL APPLICATION OF SRI MONORANJAN ROY, DATED 14.11.2006, WILLING TO GET HIS NAME TRANSFERRED, ALONG WITH ALL THE NECESSARY FORMS DULY FILLED UP TO OUR CESC SOUTH WEST REGIONAL OFFICE, P-18, TARATOLLA ROAD, KOLKATA-700088, WHICH WAS DOCKETED FIRST ON 23/11/06 WITH THE SERIAL NO. 030418. DUE TO SOME MYSTERIOUS REASONS, NO ACTION WAS TAKEN. I THEN MADE AN INTERNET COMPLAIN TO CESC ON 25/02/08 AND THE DOCKET NO. GIVEN WAS LT/10/12080, AFTER THAT I RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM VICTORIA HOUSE ON 09/04/08, ASKING ME TO DEPOSIT THE PAPERS AGAIN. I HAD COLLECTED ANOTHER SET OF FORMS AND SUBMITTED THE SAME ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION OF MY UNCLE TO THE SAID OFFICE, WHICH WAS AGAIN DOCKETED BY THEM ON 15/03/08, WITH THE SERIAL NO. 053248. I HAD SENT MY REPRESENTATIVE SEVERAL TIMES AND WENT THERE PERSONALLY AND MET Mr. SUBIR MAZUMDAR AT COUNTER NO.13. HIS BEHAVIOR WAS NOT EXACTLY CORDIAL AND I WAS ASKED TO WAIT FOR A FEW MONTHS AS HIS VERSION WAS THAT IT TAKES SEVERAL MONTHS TO GET THE NAME CHANGED AS IT IS A COMPLICATED AFFAIR. I DECIDED TO WAIT BUT TILL TODAY NOTHING FRUITFUL HAS OCCURED. MY REQUEST TO YOUR GOOD OFFICE IS TO KINDLY SETTLE THIS SMALL MATTER AT YOUR EARLIEST, AS MY UNCLE IS VERY SICK AND IS UNABLE TO MOVE AROUND.

Comments

Change of ownership - Domestic

We have recently found out that our electric connection is registered under someone else's name.As we are NRI's we were unaware of this fault which they say occured during computerisation of records, a few months ago through outsourcing.We found this faulty consumer name only recently when we came down for our vacation.We consulted the electricity board of our locality to rectify the fault.The officials of the office have asked for lengthy procedures(electrical circuit diagram of our house, ownership certificate, land tax etc) and expenses for the change of the ownership to our name.These documents and expenses have already been submitted during the initial registration of our electricity connection(Single phase) and later during upgradation to three phase.They also claim to have none of the above said submitted documents or details of our original registration.
So i kindly request you to help us with the procedures required to rectify the above mentioned error as soon as possible as we will be here only for short period of time.

IT IS THE NORMAL BEHAVIOUR OF THE CESC 'S GOOD OFFICERS.

Please Change of Address Previous as per Deed of Agreement : Kaushik Chakraborty, 820 East End Park Kalikapur Rd., Kolkata - 700099, LP No. 134/57/13/1
But Now knowing from other sources our address is 37C, East End Par, First Road, alikapur, Kolkata - 700099
Pl. co-operate & do needful.
Soumesh

Con. No. 63226017288, Name of Kalyan Banerjee, 78-Aurobindo Road, Kusumika Apartment, Flat No. D
Konnagar, Hooghly.

The said Flat I (Snehasish Chatterjee) already bought form Kalyan Banerjee. I want to know name transfer
rule. Kindly Pl. acknowledge.

Snehasish Chatterjee
N Feb 22, 2012 by
KMukherjee

Con. No. 76062105000, Name of Kalika Prasad Bhattacharjee, Sukanta Apartment, 28 kabi Sukanta road, Flat No.-1, East Rajapur, Kolkata-700075

The said Flat I (Kamalika Mukherjee) already bought form Kalika Prasad Bhattacharjee. I want to know name transfer
rule in CESC meter. Kindly Pl. acknowledge.

Kamalika Mukherjee
A Mar 14, 2012 by
Brahmababa

I had a similar problem, in transferring the meter (Consumer No. 62180034224) from the earlier owner to my name for my newly acquired flat at Bally.

Phoning the Howrah Regional office nos. 26661667, 26666014, or 26669199 is of no avail, as no one ever picks up the phone, even during office hours.
Sending someone to their regional office at Howrah also did not prove useful, especially for an old, retired person like me, in spite of all the bills having been cleared to date.

Question : Why can't CESC computerize the whole procedure, as it has in so many other services, and work out simple procedures like downloading forms, uploading documents etc., in keeping with similar modern procedures elsewhere ? Or is it still stuck with outdated, customer-unfriendly legacies of the past ?

Dr.A.Mukherji