Canara Bank - Death claim

a.karthick83
My father had a SB account with CANARA Bank.and he expired on january 2010.So the account was locked.My self and my mom planned to close the account.Already we were depressed a lot of losing my father but we were made to run here and there for taking our money back.
Initially ,they asked us to fill up some forms which was internaly filled by the manager of KK Nagar(Srinivasan) and he had sent to regional office for approval.This took a time of 15 days and we followed with him.He said it is under process.As i was in chennai i decided to go back to trichy to know the status.Because internally we need to get attestation from counsellor and from 5 other people.
Then the regional office had sent out a letter stating that some corrections needs to be done and so the forms were rejected.And that manager did not let us know that because the mistake was from their side who filled up the form.
Then again we need to fil up the form again get attestation and folow the process.
When i went to the branch,a new manager was appointed and he does not even worth a peon.He does not know how to operate a computer or fill up the form.Then i filled up to my knowledge and some how i had to re submit the form.
Starting from cover letter,forms i had to run and take a print out outside and almost all the work was done by myself.I took a leave for 3 days and had to complete the same.New managers name was Krishnan and he does not know how to fill up a form and dont know the spelling of Reciept.
He is not sure of the process and he used me to learn that...i had to run between main office ,branch office and my home 5 times..which is almost 15 kms apart.in the hot sun..
Later after filling up the form ,again it was rejected and he had to do some corrections to re submit again..
as the amount was more than 5L ,he made us to open another account and transfered the amount.But initially he promised us that he will giveu s a cheque..
Why does canara bank has these kind of persons who is not worth a peon?
and i came to know that he s the manager..
Canara bank should be shame of keeping him as a manager.

Comments

i agree all these points, as canara bank has a useless manager in kk nagar branch, trichy
A Feb 14, 2011 by
sreenu61

I do totally agree with you, Canara Bank has unproffessional staff & they are arrogant & ignorant also at times. I am talking about Canara Bank, Hindu College Campus branch in Guntur (Andhra Pradesh) My father had an savings bank account in Canara Bank and he also passed away 16 years back & till today they didn't give that money to my mother which was in my father's account. Every time we go to the Manager he says we are busy or we didn't find old account records. On one occassion one Canara Bank officer has advised me not to take Canara Bank online banking service as it not safe...how stupid he talks about his bank like that...instead of encouraging he is discouraging account holders. I better suggest to close account there & choose another reputed bank & also advise all your Friends & Family members not to open account in Canara Bank
N Feb 11, 2012 by
Vasu Bn

death claim form
N May 11, 2012 by
Jyoti Tripathi

I disagree with you as when I approached canara bank rajendra nagar Bareily, the bank manager Mr. Om Kar Singh settled my husband's death claim within a day.Thanks .

Canara Bank - Death claim