Cashless facility of EMeditek Solutions-a TPA of New India Assurance Co. Ltd. - Non-availability of casless facility by my father who is a policy-holder of NIA

Dr. Rajib Kumar Gupta
A copy of my complaint email to Emeditek Solutions Ltd.(info@emeditek.com) is given below -
My father is a policy-holder of New India Assurance `Co. Ltd., and his TPA is E-Meditek Solutions Ltd. His EMSL ID is:- NA-MMPY-12422935. My father was due to be admitted on 18/11/09 at Harkissondas Narottamdas Hospital in Mumbai for an operative procedure for the relief of severe trigeminal neuralgia.
I had looked up in the website of emeditek and also called up their customer-care toll-free no. from Kolkata (where my father stays) - at both these info sources, I was assured that H.N. Hospital was a network hospital of EMSL. But on 16th morning, I came to know from Dr. Sumedha (the mediclaim-liason officer at H.N. Hospital) that EMSL has been de-rostered from the hospital-list owing to long-term non-payment of dues, and hence I would not be able to avail of cashless facility for my father. Seeing no other alternative, I shot off an email at the above email address on 16th evening detailing my father's inability of availing the cashless facility in spite of no fault of ours. Afterwards, one Mr. Nitin from your Gurgaon office contacted me on my cell on 16th evening (at around 5.30 pm) and told me very confidently as not to worry. He told me that he will personally sort out the financial knot/mistrust between their TPA and H.N. Hospital, and also assured me that I will be able to avail of the cashless facility for my father. But no result came out of whatever effort Mr. Nitin and Mr. Chintan (also a Gurgaon officer of EMSL) made in solving my problem. I waited the whole of 17th Nov. for some positive answer from them, but other than providing lip-service (whenever I phoned either of them), nothing fruitful happened. As my father was due to get admitted on 18th morning for his operation on the 19th, I could not delay that also. So when I got no positive response from Mr. Nitin or Mr. Chintan till 9 am of 18th morning, I asked Dr. Sumedha whether EMSL officials had called her up to okay my case. But Dr. Sumedha replied in the negative, and I had no other option but to pay the deposit money of 20,000 rupees to H.N. Hospital for my father's admission at 9 am today.
So, it seems to me that all this"cashless" facility that is being trumpeted by your TPA/ New India Assurance is nothing but a lie. What right does your TPA have to make my father suffer as he had (arranging all of a sudden so much money has caused a lot of mental anguish to my father) for no fault of his ? Why are customers like my father who is a 74-yr old senior citizen duped in such a fashion due to some financial problem between your TPA and H.N. Hospital ? And why is your website or your customer-care people do not bother to update themselves of these developments ?
I have written this second email just for my record and your record also. This is because I plan to drag your TPA to court for misinformation and fraudulent services once I return to Calcutta with my father.

Dr. Rajib K. Gupta
(Son of Mr. P. K. Gupta)

Comments

N Feb 1, 2011 by
mkarunarenu

I am a policy holder of E-Meditek (TPA) Services ltd., My policy No:070300/2009-10/2011/325. I sent my claim form duly filled and attached necessary bills and receipts for the treatments undergone for a sum of Rs.13, 927/= dt.27-09-2010. But so for I have not received any reply from their end. Kindly do the needful. Thanking you.
M.Karunanithi, Udumalpet.Tamilnadu.
N Jun 25, 2014 by
ravi gupta1

I am a policy holder of bharti axa under tpa of E-Meditek (TPA) Services ltd., My policy No:Q0045299 & Claim no100081300844. I sent my claim form duly filled and attached necessary bills and receipts for the treatments undergone for a sum of Rs.34498.00. But so for I have not received any reply from their end. Kindly do the needful. Thanking you.
milhi ram ludhiana punjab.my mobile no.9872494029 & email id clientravi@gmail.com