Celogen Pharma - Fraudulent activity by our ex-C.A., Mr.Sanjay Thampy

Directors
We had rendered service of a CA, Mr.Sanjay Thampy. He was referred by one of our colleagues and based on that we entrusted him with the entire Accounting job including statutory compliances. He was given a fixed remuneration (more than double of director's pay) everymonth for the full book keeping accounting and getting the accounts book audited, filing and meeting the statutory requirements of taxes, ROC etc. However while in the job, it was found that he was not updating the books of accounts properly and nor the filings being done. Accordingly we also found that he had been taking away the Company's data and giving to other competitors. Based on the same we warned him and told him to watch his actions. Then he disappeared and refused to give completion to the jobs assigned to him. he never used to even attend calls. Then one day he calls up saying the audited balance sheet can be done in exchange of cash (this is totally wrong). Also he got the books audited by some unknown person and demanded Cash for the audit...which is not the right manner.

Later on we even found that he had tampered with the valuable data of the company and also put a password to lock the accounting system so that the company should not access the same in his absense and find the fraud done by him. When he was asked about it, he refused to unlock demanding more payment. He even has taken the data and is working in hands with competitors and contacting our customers via email and sms.

Our current auditors are still trying to rectify and put in track most of the mischiefs done by him during his tenure.

With this email we would like to alert and warn all our fellow members to be alert to such activity and of such a person.we should be aware of such fraudulent Chartered Accountants who would do anything for the money part and work with no ethics!!! How do we put a stop to such people????

Comments

I AM VERY SHOCKED AND SURPRISED TO SEE SUCH ABSURD COMMENTS AND ALLEGATIONS RAISED BY CELOGEN PHARMA WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE AND MISLEADING AND AMOUNTS TO MUDSLINGING. THESE ALLEGATIONS ARE IN THE NATURE OF MALICIOUS ATTACK ON MY REPUTATION AND HENCE I WOULD BE PERSONALLY TAKING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE COMPANY.

THE ACTUAL FACT IS THAT THE COMPANY HAD APPOINTED MY AS A CONSULTANT DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE 2007. HOWEVER, THE COMPANY WAS NOT REGULARLY PAYING MY AGREED REMUNERATION RIGHT FROM THE FIRST MONTH, THOUGH I CONTINUED TO WORK TILL THE MONTH OF MARCH 2008.

HOWEVER, MY ASSOCIATION WITH THE COMPANY WAS AS A CONSULTANT TO ADVISE ON THE ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL ACTIVITIES. THE COMPANY HAD THEIR OWN CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT AS THE AUDITOR, WHO IRONICALLY, HAD ALSO COMPLAINED TO ME DURING THE COURSE OF MY ASSOCIATION WITH THE COMPANY THAT HE IS NOT COMPLETING THE AUDIT OF THE COMPANY SINCE HIS LEGAL DUES HAVE ALSO BEEN HELD UP BY THE COMPANY.

HOWEVER, VERY SOON, I REALISED THAT MR. VIJAY NAIR, THE MANAGING DIRECTOR AND CEO OF THE COMPANY NEVER BOTHERED TO PAY HEED TO THE VARIOUS ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL ADVISES THAT I USED TO GIVE THE COMPANY, OF WHICH I HAVE RECORD, BOTH IN EMAIL AND IN HARD COPY.

THE COMPANY NEVER BOTHERED TO PAY ITS ADVANCE INCOME TAX, DEPOSIT THE TAX DEDUCTED AT SOURCE FROM VARIOUS PAYMENTS MADE TO PEOPLE, INCLUDING MINE, AND NOT FILING ITS TAX RETURNS.

WHEN I STARTED FORCING THE COMPANY TO COMPLETE THE STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS IN TIME, THE COMPANY STARTED SLOWLY DISASSOCIATING WITH ME AND THEIR DIRECTORS STOPED TAKING MY CALLS. EVEN ON OCCASSIONS THAT I HAD GONE TO THEIR OFFICE WITH PRIOR NOTICE, I HAVE FOUND THEM MISSING, JUST TO AVOID ME.

IN THE INITIAL MONTHS, THEY HAD PAID ME MY FEES, THOUGH LATE, BUT LATER AS I STARTED FORCING THEM AND COMPELLING THEM TO COMPLETE THE STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS, THEY STOPPED PAYING ME MY FEES., PROBABLY THINKING THAT I WOULD MYSELF DISCONTINUE MY SERVICES BECAUSE OF NON RECEIPT OF PAYMENT.

AFTER FINALLY DISCONTINUING MY ASSOCIATION WITH THEM IN MARCH 2008, I HAVE SENT SEVERAL MAILS TO THEM ASKING THEM TO RELEASE MY PAYMENT OF OVER RS.4 LACS, OUT OF WHICH THEY RELEASED A SUM OF RS.2 LACS AND THE BALANCE RS.2 LACS IS STILL PENDING, IN SPITE OF SEVERAL REMINDERS. THE TAX THAT HAS BEEN DEDUCTED AT SOURCE FROM MY BILLS BOOKED BY THEM/PAYMENTS MADE TO ME AMOUNTING TO AROUND RS.67, 000 HAS NOT BEEN ISSUED TO ME AND I HAD TO FILE MY PERSONAL INCOME TAX RETURNS FOR THE ASSESSMENT YEAR 2008-09 WITHOUT THESE TDS CERTIFICATES AND HENCE I HAVE LOST THE TAX CREDIT OF THIS AMOUNT.

EVEN DURING MY ASSOCIATION WITH THE COMPANY, THEY HAD THEIR OWN EMPLOYEE AS THE ACCOUNTANT AND HE WAS JUST COORDINATING WITH ME FOR ANY ADVISE ON ACCOUNTING.

IT IS TOTALLY A FALSE ALLEGATION (AND FOR WHICH I SHALL BE TAKING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE COMPANY AND ITS DIRECTORS) THAT I HAVE TAKEN AWAY THEIR DATA AND HAVE PASSED IT ON TO THEIR COMPETITORS.

I, AS A PROFESSIONAL, BELIEVE IN MAINTAINING TRUE PROFESSIONAL ETHICS AND WOULD NEVER DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION OF ONE CLIENT TO ANOTHER. AND ALL MY CLIENTS CAN VOUCH FOR IT.

IT IS VERY SURPRISING THAT A COMPANY WHICH DOES NOT BELIEVE IN MAKING PAYMENTS TO ITS SUPLIERS ON TIME, DOES NOT BELIEVE IN PAYMENT OF ITS TAXES IN TIME, DOES NOT BELIEVE IN DEPOSITING TDS ON TIME, DOES NOT BELIEVE IN FILING ITS INCOME TAX AND COMPANIES ACT RETURNS ON TIME IS TALKING ABOUT ETHICS AND RAISING FINGERS ON OTHERS.

I totally disagree with the complaint raised by Celogen Pharma. I am closely associated with Mr. Sanjay Thampy since more than 3 years and I am aware of his entire dealings with Celogen and how they have cheated not only him but also one of their own colleques, Mr. Sanjay Nair, who was uncerimoniously, shunted out from their office, since he did not agree to their sinister plans or siphoning off the Company money. The Company owes Mr. Sanjay Nair also more than Rs.15 lacs which he had invested in the Company in the form of loans from himself and from other sources and has been following up with the Company for his money since the last 2 years.

I fully disagree with the complaint of the Company. I am person who had referred Mr. Sanjay Thampy to the Company and let me tell you that even I have been ousted from the Company by the cheats, my ex-colleques, who owe me lakhs of rupees, my hard earned money, that I had invested in the Company.

The Company and the people who manage the show now are big crooks and I appeal to everyone to be away from them.

I, Mr. Ramsahay Yadav, have been aware of Mr. Sanjay Thampy's dealings with Celogen Pharma. I personally know Mr. Sanjay Thampy since the last 3-4 years and we have discussed the problem that he is facing with Celogen Pharma on many occassions.

I am personally aware of the many times that he had been following up for his outstanding payments and his pending TDS Certificates with the Company. I am personally aware that on many occassions, the Company never responded to his calls or email messages.

Dear Sirs,

The Company, Celogen Pharma Pvt. Ltd. has sent me by Speed Post (Receipt No.M3087 dated 12.02.2009) received by me on 16.02.2009, 3 TDS Certificates, probably after reading my comments submitted by me in response to the false complaint filed by the Company against me.

The value of the TDS Certificates is as follows:
1. Rs.8, 126 on an amount of Rs.3, 94, 466
2. Rs.8, 865 on an amount of Rs.4, 30, 340
3. Rs.38, 137 on an amount of Rs.3, 81, 370

However, the TDS Certificates issued to me is just an eyewash and is of no use to me due to the following defects.

1. I have never been paid the amounts mentioned by them as paid to me as per the TDS Certificates.
2. The rate at which the tax has been deducted is wrong, 2.06% in case of the first 2 certificates and 10.30% (being the correct rate) in case of the 3rd certificate.
3. The TDS Certificates do not mention the TDS Cercle where the returns are filed, which is mandatorily required to be mentioned.
4. The TDS Certificates are issued in my personal name (Sanjay Thampy) whereas the bills issued by me were in the name of my Firm (SanjayThampy & Associates).
5. The TDS Certificates do not mention my Permanent Account Number (PAN), which is mandatorily required.
6. The TDS Certificates do not mention my address.
7. The TDS Certificates do not mention the Transfer Voucher/Challan Identification Number of the Bank, which is mandatorily required to be mentioned.
8. The 3rd TDS Certificate for Rs.39, 281 does not mention any details of the cheque no./BSR Code of the Bank Branch/Date of deposit/Transfer Voucher Number, which shows the payment deposited by the Company, which is mandatorily required to be mentioned.
9. The TDS Certificates do not mention the e-TDS return acknowledgement number, which is mandatorily required to be mentioned.
10. The TDS Certificates are all dated 30.09.2008 and issued to me with a covering letter dated 11.02.2009 and sent to me by speed post on 12.02.2009 and received by me on 16.02.2009, after the due date of the filing of my return of income for the assessment year 2008-09, thereby making me ineligible to claim the rebate of the TDS in my return of income.

Hence, these so called TDS Certificates issued to me are of no use to me and hence I am returning the same back to the Company. The Company has to issue me refund of the entire amount deducted from my account during the financial year 2007-08.

Sanjay Thampy