Chief Election officer West Bengal - issuance of duplicate EPIC

chayan sengupta on Sep 20, 2011
I have been issued EPIC card on 16.06.95.I am resident of Baishnabghata Patuli Township,Block -H,word number 108.under 150-Jadavpur Assembly consttuency.
I lost EPIC card 06.02.2009 at Park Street along with ATM card,Pan Card & Driving License and filed missing dairy with Park Street Police Station.While I got fresh card against all the lost ones within a fortnight to a month except the EPIC card.I had visited the Alipore election office from February 09 to August 2011 at least for 10 to 12 times.And I am told by the office asistant that their is no order for issuing fresh card against lost one.Finally I met SDO Alipore Mr.Abbas who is kind enough give me an kind hearing some times in August but repeated the same old story of not receiving any order.However he showed he generosity by parting with his personal Mobile number requesting me to contact him by Middle of September.When I contacted him accordingly the old record is played and I am again advised to contact him by middle of October.
I do not understand why the Election official ore so indifferent to the misery of voters for whom the office exists and they are paid from public exchaqure.
Complaint comments 0 Comments