13th March 2010
Mr Mahendra Mhaske
The Deputy Registrar Co-op Societies
M- ward, Konkan Bhanvan
Sub.:- Misuse & Mismanagement of our society funds & power by Administrator
Dear Mr. Mhaske
I write in grief and utter disillusionment over the scandalous act & misuse of authority by your administrator Mr. D P Dohale.
Who has been appointed by you in Dec. 7th 2009 under M-20 compliant filed by our society defaulter member & shop owner Mr. Mario C. Fortes.
I m a senior citizen member of Chembur Neelkanth Apt. Cooperative Housing Society Ltd, from last 90 days I have been patiently observing and hoping for improvement & betterment of our society, but instead there has been a misuse of society funds & misuse of government authority which has been provided by you to the said administrator.
You are well aware that over 90% of the society have not provided M-20 bond primarily due to lack of knowledge in the subject matter. Our society for more than last 6 yrs have been functioning efficiently and progressively by the committee which has been elected by the majority society member’s, however Mr. Mario C Fortes is a defaulter and have not paid his society maintenance for over last 2 yrs, chose to lodge a complaint with you on the M-20 ground, we are surprise by his action and even more so by your that you chose to enact upon a defaulters compliant and send your administrator Mr. D P Dohale for primarily conducting election and overseeing the basic functioning of society till the election work under said.
I m sadly disappointed by the proceedings and handling of society affairs by your said administrator Mr. D P Dohale & seek your intervention in the matter.
There has been misuse & mismanagement of our society funds & power bestowed by you to Mr. Dohale in good faith.
I wish to highlight a few of your administrator act.
1) It has been more than 90 days since appointment of Dohale and the process of society election have not yet been started. D P Dohale is getting paid Rs. 30/- per member per month (I.e. Rs. 30 X 40 member’s = Rs. 1200/- per month from our society fund) and I think his content with delaying the election process and making money out of it.
2) D. P Dohale attends the society office once in 15 days for 15 mins only, and despite the regular calls by the society who required him to resolve the society issues, we have also observed, he chooses to spend majority time personally visiting our society shops & meeting the shop owners. His absences has hampered the smooth operation of the society and we are force to live in the society often without lights, water drainage, delaying payment of salaries, lift malfunctioning, irregular security, handling 24 hrs services of mobile antenna, water motor operation, etc…
3) We have requested Dohale to regularly attend the office & start election process, but he informed us that since he is busy with other work given to him by you, he will appoint another person to look in to day to day activity and for election purpose both, for which the society will have to additional pay, which the majority society member’s have objected for using of society fund.
4) Upon your instruction society member’s on 22nd Jan 2010 have given Dohale letter to initiate action (I.e. send notice of 101) against Mr. Mario Fortes (society defaulter member & complainer) for not paying his society maintenance fees from last 2 yrs and also take action against shop owners who have illegally made extension to their shop and are using garage as storage etc.. However no action whatsoever has been taken and we have also not received any response in the matter till date. But we have come to learn about D P Dohale generous act, instead he has given Mr. Mario Fortes a NOC / permission and has bellowed Mario C Fortes to give his shop on rent from 1st March 2010 to his neighboring shop owner. Which not only shows misuse & exploitation of government authority, but also questioning your power and instruction which have been defied and disobey?
5) And to top it up Dohale has also permitted the shop owner to make grill to their toilet which is not required at all, upon protest from the majority society members (I.e. 9th Feb. 2010), Dohale assured that he will ask the shop owners’ to remove grill and not pay for the grill to the shop owner’s . However it has been observed on 17th Feb 2010 Dohale has already released Rs. 19000/- on his own against grill vendor’s and has signed the chq. as a sole signatory (without informing single member).
This is an act of a Hand – In – Glove nexus with the shop owner’s and pucca fraudulent act on part of Mr. D P Dohale, whom you appointed at behest of a society defaulter member.
I am writing so that you become aware of the activities and malpractices that are happening behind your back and also so that you intervene and safeguard us from exploitation at the hands of your administrator Mr. D P Dohale, who has been secretly working for the Mario C Fortes and other shop owner’s & using our society fund.
I am disappointed, but hopeful that you will take the matter in your hand & help us start the election process without any further delay.
From Chembur Neelkanth Apt. Cooperative Housing Society Ltd
Chembur Neelkanth Apt, 18, Plot No 571, Pestom Sagar, Amar Mahal, Chembur – Mum: - 89