DATACOMP WEB TECH- LIC SofTWARE - WARRANTY RENEWAL CHARGES

ktbhat on Jan 20, 2011
In my opinion any software company sells as specific software for specific price which must work for unlimited period of time. There is no question of renewal of any kind of warranty as such to give service/help to maintain working condition of that particular software.

Once can charge or go for renewal of subscription only for new arrivals or continual upgradation of software. AND NOT FOR WORKING CONDITION OF PREVIOUSLY SOLD SOFTWARE.

IF THE DATACOMP webtechnologies ltd insisting you to pay for reinstalling of your own old version of software is wrong.

I also experienced with them same way. The made it such a way that the softer ware will not work properly or not at all work immediately after one year of purchase or one year after payment of their so called renewal charges. After big fight with their Mumbai Head office they sent me required code number for activation.

You please approach consumer forum for this. In general principles of law/business this kind of conditions will never hold good.

Once can compare the same kind of issue with similar type of company. for example if we buy Tally software (accounting software) which is working unconditionally for unlimited period of time. They demand for subscription only in case of major up gradation is required. I appreciate them for ever.

At the same time cursing this kind of substandard business practices of DATACOMP WEB TECH

LOCATION: BANGALORE

Comments

D Feb 7, 2011 by
Nikita Kumbhare

I have very big concern about LIC logo, if u carried report from magic mix or Magic + then LIC LOGO does not appear in report. I had brought to notice this fact & discussed with conern technical person but he told that it will appear in next version i.e in 5.0.0 so at that time I have renewed warranty in Mar 10.

at present I had updated & installed new version, but still LIC logo is not appearing to these reports, I again brought to notice this fact to technical person but he expressed his unability & askd me to forward this concern to u.

now I want to ask you one thing that If this software is specially designed for LIC, then why there is no LOGO of LIC, its so shameful to us to represent these reports in front of Class I as well as ordinary clients.

This is the basic thing u have to add with ur software but instead of accepting this fact that ur representative are trying to justify this. I am very much disappointed about this. Your competitor JEEVAN BIZZ have all reports with LIC logo then why dont u design ur software like them. Amalan technologies people never give any feedback & they never call to their clients waht they supposed tobe. aftr sales service is very bad.

pl explain me @the earliest otherwise I have all options open in market. This software is in the name of Nikita Yogesh Kumbhare

Yogesh Kumbhare cell# 9881001208
y_kumbhare@rediffmail.com
N Mar 13, 2013 by
Veekay15

i am facing the same problems with datacomp which that company only sells the products and no support at all. and they are concentrating only metros and not for tier 2 cities . Just avoid this kind of cheap companies and go for alternate .dont waste your hard earned money and your precious time, becos those softwares not working properly long time.They always require their support. But they never respect and never support...
Vivek
N May 4, 2013 by
tarun1979

it seems the datacomp has become egoistic due to large subscriptions from lic agent. they dont know even company like Nokia can not stand for long (after entry of samsung with smart phone)

they are now more keen to sell there tab version and website subscription. from last 2 yrs the support level has gone bad. they are gradually stopping adding new combinations in vmpro version, however this is not the same with tab and website (magic gyan).

they should know the now there are more than 10 competitors in the market.

wen now a days every one is trying to save money on paper there reports require 4-7 pages

they are working on the policy trap new forget old

DATACOMP WEB TECH- LIC SofTWARE - WARRANTY RENEWAL CHARGES