Dr Jayprakash Bhatt's laboratory - most amusing cardiogram

aditiraval on Jan 12, 2011
I feel more appalled than amused to bring this incident to your kind notice.
I visited Dr. Bhatt’s Laboratory for a cardiogram in connection with my proposed insurance with ICICI Prudential.
I was shocked as I was taken to a dusty and a sickening storeroom instead of a proper lab for my cardiogram. I have had more than enough experiences with cardiograms so far to realize the oddness of this particular one because the ECG machine, which was being used, was completely outdated; so much so that I am quite sure it is incapable of giving an accurate reading. Not only that, the technician was not even qualified to test me because he was a Path lab technician with only cursory knowledge of cardiograms which showed when he put all the electrodes in one straight line on my chest instead of placing them at specific places for detection.
What struck me the most was that after the procedure was over I was given a piece of newspaper to clean the gel off my chest. A piece of newspaper. When I asked him why, he said this is how it is done here. I doubt if my results would be actually interpreted by a real doctor or if they will simply have the compounder determine the results. There was no way to identify that the cardiogram was mine. All he said was that my name is on that piece of paper which is enough.
This laboratory is supposedly an ISO registered facility providing superior medical care but when I spoke with Dr Rathod who was in charge , he said the lab does not get paid enough when a patient comes through an insurance agency. Therefore they are not really given much importance or priority. I have never had such an encounter in my life before and I have had many. Never have I seen such a shining example of inefficiency and neglect. It appeared as though the entire establishment and all the employees there were doing me a great favor by giving me some of their precious time.
I think you can safely concur that I will never avail this laboratory’s services ever in my life. However I want your company to give this episode a serious thought because whether you are in the business of medical insurance or not such a brilliant display of deteriorated civic sense should not go unnoticed.
I am hoping you will take necessary steps to stop such bizarre medical practices and take it up with higher management of your organization. Whether I take the insurance or not I would appreciate it if you follow up on this issue and keep me informed about the same.

I am also mailing a copy of this mail to Dr. Bhatt whose aim is “ to bring sophisticated investigation and quality services from metros to doorstep”.

With regards,

Deepak Mehta.

Founder , Anukaanchan Solutions Pvt. Ltd.,
Pattani Bldg.,
M.G. Road,
Rajkot 360001

Comments

N Jan 25, 2011 by
bilbados

unbelievable !
aditirawal@yahoo.com   - India

poor medical care - pathology lab

I feel more appalled than amused to bring this incident to your kind notice.
I visited Dr. Bhatt’s Laboratory this afternoon for a cardiogram in connection with my proposed insurance with ICICI Prudential.

moreen silk   - India

this just goes to show what standards our county lives with. there is no hope for us if we continue to live below par, like people just looking to get by with the bare minimun, without expecting better and demading better
jannatmalik   - India

you need to go to the insuance company and also talk with the doctor who ran the lab and not let go this so easiyly
jitukhatri   - India

similar hygine issue thing happened to me in my city. guy didnet give me newspaper but i was waiting for doctor to come and compounder gave me water with the dirtiest glass i ever seen . it smell of onions and garlics.
D Feb 28, 2011 by
sharmasameers

Totally Disagree

I am totally disagree with this complain, as far as Dr. Bhatt's lab, I found it very clean and neat with great ambience. I must admit, they supported me very well, when I have booked my visit on phone, they give me time of choice, and so I could select my best time. I got prior call with necessary instruction what to do and what not to do before test. Before test, I was little tensed, but when I reached there, they supported me very well.

Test was taken by very talented person and he educated me during the test, how test works. After test, they sent me an SMS notification to collect report and send email of report to me and my doctor on priority basis. Awesome!!!

I highly recommended Dr. Bhatt’s Pathology lab. 10/10.

Sameer Sharma
sharmasameers@gmail.com
Rashmi Parikh

Strongly disagreeing with the comment. On the contrary, the facts are the other way round. Anybody can walk in to Dr. Bhatt's laboratory anytime and check it firsthand. It is one of the best lab with very high level of reliability and friendliness. It seems Deepak has some unjustified bias or personal agenda to unnecessarily defame such a nice setup.

I have been to the facility many times for my pathological tests. There has been no goof-ups and no misleading of any kind. I have also collected report exactly at the time informed. I have heard that they have recently got national level accreditation which follows US standards. It is perhaps one of the first laboratories in the whole of Saurashtra to get such a certification.

Rashmi
mehta geeta

Hello!
Totally disagree

I am totally disagree with this complain,

Dr.bhatt ni lab to khubj clean and neat hoi chhe. ane tamne pure puri suvidha male chhe. ane te pan jevi tevi nahi latest techonlogy sathe.

tame phone uper samay lai sako chhoo jethi tame tamara samaye jai sako. Tamne tya test karvana samaye puri puri care rakhva ma ave chhe. maru to manvu chhe ke jo tamare koi be test karava hoi to Dr.bhatt ni lab ma karava joie kem ke sachot report tya mali sake chhe. ane report uper thi sachu nidan thai sake ae to badha ne khabar j hoi ne!
pachu test complete thai jai pachi report mate SMS suvidha chee and report Email through pan mokle chhe .

mane lage chhe ke dipak mehta ne kaik galatfemi thai gai lage chhe. maro anubhave to khub j saro chhe.

I highly recommended Dr. Bhatt’s Pathology lab
g mehta
ghanshyam_b

I believe some Mr Deepak might have had some hiccup on the particular day of his ECG reporting. The Bhatt Lab is, on a safer note, one of the best ones in saurashtra. I think Mr Mehta should also avail its other diagnostic facilities which would help him get a holistic perspective.While ECG may not be one of their strengths, diagnostic facilities definitely are.
N Mar 1, 2011 by
ghanshyam_b

There are soo many labs which are run by technician, all alone, not even qualified doctors in sight... but Dr bhatt's lab has 4 QUALIFIED M.D DOCTORS... I guess then it has to be on the better side.. also, they provide feedback forms, so I guess they must have taken notice of what had happened
A Mar 2, 2011 by
neha_219

I disagree! and i'm sure anyone who has visited and has known Dr. Bhatt and his laboratory would disagree.
Your comments and your experience seem far from real to me, as even the crudest of laboratories and technicians would not follow the procedures that you have been complaining about.

I wonder what a "dusty sickening storeroom" is.. because i guess even the storerooms at Dr. Bhatt's laboratory would be cleaner than the regular living rooms! I've visited the lab and i think it is one of its kind, state-of-the-art is the word, as a matter of fact!

Regarding an outdated ECG machine, well, that's hard to believe, because i think even the interiors and furniture seems new age and contemporary there, leave aside the equipments!!

Well, i'm facing paucity of words, as it seems you're challenging the ISO certification! I hope you know what standards does it take to achieve the certification. That makes my point clear i think. Feel sorry for you if things didn't treat you the way you expected them to, but based on my experience, i completely disagree to your claims regarding Dr. Jayprakash's Laboratory.
N Mar 5, 2011 by
admehta123

Whatever incident took place that is very unpleasant. I have been through this lab for 5 years for ICICI Prudential as well as personal medical analysis. The entire staff is very cooperative and obliging. The lab is furnished well and having new sophisticated equipment and certified by T.U.V., Germany, that reflects the potentiality of the lab, as this is the first and only lab in whole Saurashtra having this certification available as far as my knowledge.

Regarding Mr. Deepakbhai Mehta’s concern, the lab has taken indispensable steps to ensure that Mr. Deepakbhai’s concern is addressed.

I wish both Mr. Deepakbhai and Dr. Jayprakash Bhat should have a coffee together and resolve the rational issue as soon as possible.

Amit Mehta, Insurace Advisor & Financial Consultant
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
Rajkot
D Mar 5, 2011 by
dr.nishal patel

no, m not agree with u completely...its patient or physian choice
N Mar 25, 2011 by
suchitdesai1975

First of all, no one is idle enough to complain unnecessarily about Dr. Bhatt and his lab and his employees, Obviously, the unhappy customer, Deepak Mehta is not the only one who would have experienced such carelessness. But sure he is the only one to have spoken openly about it. He seems like a man of fair judgement and intellect and happens to be a respected educator. So why would he crib for no reason.
These comments supporting and endorsing Dr bhatt seem to originate from his friends and relatives. I bet if you ask some of his real patients, they will have a different opinion. Dr Bhatt should just admit that his establishment and his employees just messed up, plain and simple. Instead of defending them, they should spend time to better their services. I completely agree with Deepak Mehta.
N Mar 25, 2011 by
suchitdesai1975

The problem with really dumb people is that they spend time and energy proving themselves right when they are WRONG WRONG WRONG. Dr Bhatt's mindless followers should just make better use of their sense if they have any.

Dr Jayprakash Bhatt's laboratory - most amusing cardiogram