DR.V.Vishwanathan, Pediatric neurologist at child trust hospital. Chennai - Does not have the basic etiquette of a doctor

Dr. C. Jayakrishnaveni
I wish to bring to your kind attention the following incident that happened on 2nd march 2010, while i brought my sick daughter for consultation. I want to express my deep anguish on the extremely harsh, inhuman treatment meated out to me by the so called pediatric neurologist Dr. V.Vishwanathan on 02.03.010. How can a doctor behave to a fellow human being without the basic etiquette? I am a doctor in government service, and its appalling to see a doctor shout at the patient's attender in a private hospital set up and fling away the case file, when we doctors in government service fear the most because of the awarenes and litiginous nature of our public today. Is he a philanthropist doing social service free of cost?.After me paying Rs.300/- and waiting to see him for nearly four hours, is he doing service by shouting at me in front of his assistant doctor and paramedical staff and throwing off my file? Due to many unavoidable personal reasons i could not follow up with him. He is accusing me of doctor shopping as though it is so cheap and free of cost. In a democratic country like India a person has every right to choose his consultant.When I come back it is the basic duty of the consultant to treat me properly. If he can throw the file at a doctor like me, iam afraid of the plight of the common men who come to him. Can he dare do the same thing to a person in UK or US? There, for money he might be worshipping his patients. He is shouting at me for taking MRI Brain for my daughter as seizure is a neurophysiological problem. I did' nt go and do MRI out of my own will and wish. It was advised by a neurologist like him. If there is no structural problem of brain in seizure disorder then why did he ask for CT brain plain and contrast in his past consultation. A physician is expected to have empathy with the patient. Is he a physician or a politician? I know very well that this mail is not going to bring about any change in the mental agony he caused by his weird behaviour. I once again condemn his inhuman behaviour.

Comments

send me the clear statement once again of last month - dental hospital

just send me the bill of last month as u haven't mentioned clear statement .so plz send as early as possible

I too agree.This guy is extremely narcissistic and he often thinks that he is the GOD reincarate. He charges huge fees and he keeps yelling at patients and staff members at KKCTH. I think he himself suffers from INTERMITTENT EXPLOSIVE DISORDER. Why cant this guy treat himself first before endangerng the life of others.

Can this doctor treat the patients in UK ( from where he claims that he has graduated) like this. There his licence for practising would have been cancelled immediately. In India every person's self respect is taken for granted by individuals like him. He should be sued for his uncanny behaviour.
Lucky

Dr V Vishwanathan is no doubt arrogant. I was referred to him for the kid - from Neyveli Lignite Corporation - 2 years back- and he was more interested in fighting with other doctors at Child Trust whether the referral was for him or for other child specialist. Also, he spoke ill of other doctors whom I feel helped me in emergency. As we cannot reach him all the time, This confused and stressed me. Then we saw Dr G Kumaresan, a great doctor and person.
What was upsetting was that some of my friends who are hospital staff said there is no use taking complaints to the Medical Director; as he was in fact responsible for many good doctors quitting the hospital and persons like Dr V.V . continuing.

200% i would never want to recommend this doctor to anyone. He is very arrogant, has no basic manners and he keeps shouting at parents and children alike. Just because he is an educated and may be expert in his field; he cant speak any crap to patients and their children. My toddler was extermely sick and faced so much truama in hospitals that she would not allow any doctor to touch her. So this guy went on shouting crap at the 2 year old, saying that we parents have not brought the child properly and etc. Is he fit to handle peadiatric cases, he cant judge the child can understand or whether her development was upto her age to understand what he was saying to her.

To the height of everything he asks me why i took my child to nearby hospital for emergency when i could have come all the way to his clinic in some remote besant nagar or the hospital where he works. I live in one end of chennai and to reach Apollo or Child trust hospital means that i have to spend nearly hours to reach in traffic . Ridiculous and arrogant beahviour, just worried about the fees. I wonder if he was using our kids for experimenting his medicines.

I wish i could sue him for his behaviour towards and underdevloped kid and for causing undue tension in the tortured minds of the parents !

Or maybe he starts throwing a seizure as soon as he finds his patient too difficult to handle @

Partly it is Dr Viswanathan's fault, partly Child Trust Hospital fault. Why can't the authorities take necessary steps?

It seems doctors who know to survive internal politics stay, and those who are nice, competent and concentrating on prefession are driven away by the Medical Director's attitude; he probably has an inferioity complex. Cannot believe SO MANY GOOD DOCTORS moved to Mehta Hospital, and newborn doctors to Soorya Hospital. How can the authorities tolerate exit of all good doctors, including stopping Dr G Kumaresan's OP?
devi

Hi Jaya...the only thing I would like to bring to your notice is that a Doctor who has no confidence in himself, would be irritant about the shopping that in general people do...it is a matter of recovery and thats why people ensure they get as many opinions as possible from good doctors around...if an individual is genuinely good, has confidence in his treatment and is a doctor in the true sense, he would not care about the number of doctors you visit because you would anyway believe him and his treatment and follow his advice sooner or later...

this is a problem with some doctors around...

what they dont understand is that when they pick up a fridge or a television or even something as simple as clothes they do quite a bit of a search and then make their purchase...but when its a matter of not just recovery but life itself, it is unacceptable to them that someone would visit other doctors for their opinion...

though there are a few doctors who dont care about the number of doctors you visit to get opinions...the only reason they might recommend you don't visit too many doctors is so that you don't get more stressed than what you already are...one such example is this gentleman Dr.V Srinivas...brilliant doctor at the same time understands the trauma a person goes through when it concerns a child's health...

dont worry, go on and get as many opinions as you would require coz the most important thing is the recovery of health, though i understand these things are upsetting...but we have no choice but to ignore it...

Hi All,
With atmost pain i am writing this and this doctor should be killed and he is not a human. My sisters son was idenified with ADHD when he was 2 years old. He was going to special school. This month(he is almost 11) when the school recomended him to consult as he all of a sudden got his drooling and leg shaking. He took a test to check whether he had brain fits and the result came out "NEGATIVE". After that he told him that he doesnt have any problem and he gave some medication for drooling and leg shaking for 10days. After a week he became extremely restless and my sister took him again. First of all he was not a human. He is bluddy animal who has choosen his profession wrongly shouted at my sister infront of everybody like anything and told him to stop the medicine bcoz my sister asked that after this medication it became intense. after 10days all of sudden 1day he stopped eating, drinking and talking..he is speechless now and admitted in the childtrust. no body is able to diagonise yet about his problem for the past 4 days. but one thing what they have told is this idiot has given a medication for fits which my nephew has never got. This idiot has given wrong medicine. God should only ask all these people. We rely on the doctors so much but now he has made my sister's son extremely worst. If anybody can highlight to any media about this doctor would be great. He should not see any patients. He is money monster

This is sudheer, I take my child (saileash) regularly to DR.V.Vishwanathan. I was fully satisfied with his service. He spends nearly 10 to 20 minutes with each patients. He asks as each and every thing of my child developments. If needed only he will advice for CT or MRI. Their is a reason why he would have shouted on you. He don't want your child to get MRI scan, because MRI scan is not so good for the child and costly also, he is looking for your child future only. You would have mistaken him.
To my knowledge he is doing a lot of social service for MDA(Muscular Dystrophy Association).
Sylvan

Totally agreed with the cruel and inhuman behaviour of this doctor and VERY TOTALLY DISAGREE with what Sudheer has to say. This Dr.VV is a money monster and he experiments on kids. When I took my kid for a simple complain about 18 months ago when she was 8 months old, he said she has developmental deficiency syndrome and said she would not talk, and would not walk like normal child. Imagine the kind of agony and dispair a parent would undergo when an educated fellow like him say that.

People like sudheer just gets carried away by the small gimmicks and attractive sounds this guy makes to calm down babies at his clinic.

But in total and in terms of expertise, HE IS NOT WHAT HE IS CLAIMED TO BE. I was referred to this V.V by another well known doctor. As someone has mentioned earlier, this idiot is always concerned and argues about how and who refers him. Never ever ever, take your child to this man(?) even if some famous pediatrician refers him. This guys is a load of worthless words and resultless action.
Sylvan

This fellow after seeing my daughter advised to take few brain mapping tests and things like that, when she was perfectly all right and by God's Grace she is. I still feel like punching his face with a bag of rocks. TOTALLY FALSE DIAGNOSIS

Thanks a lot for writing in this blog about that doctor. My kid's school teacher had refered this doctor, my eyes are opened after reading this blog.

Can you please refer me the best psychologist in Chennai . My 3 yr old girl baby is affect with ADHD & has autistic features. Currently she is attending group theraphy in PRiyaa speech theraphy centre, madipakkam.

I would like to measure the % of ADHD for her. Can some one refer the best doctor PLS .
shiva_k

This is fault with hosiptal management they are not least bouther about the patient.. any way they getting the money from patients how may people will have the facility to read this mail. i have been there in the hosiptal for several times with my kid and friends and others.. i had very bad experinece with the hosiptal and the management.

THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT IN THE CHILD TRUST MEDICAL SHOP THEY WILL THEFT THE COSTLY MEDICIENS.. I WILL TELL HOW THEY WILL DO???

1. FIRST THEY WILL OBSERVE THE PERSON WHETHER HE/SHE ARE EDUCATED WHETHER HE WILL ABLE TO READ THE MEDICINE NAME AND OTHER THINGS.

2. BASED ON THEY WILL DECIDED.

3. THEY BILL ALL THE MEDICIENS AS PER YOUR DOCTORS LIST, BUT WHILE ISSUING THE MEDICIENS THEY WILL THEFT THE COSTLY MEDICINE ON THAT.

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T COUNT ALSO NO.OF MEDICIENS ISSUED BECAUSE THEY CHEAT THE POOR ILLETRATE PEOPLE.

I DONT HOW BRING THIS TO PEOPLE KNOWLEDGE AND AWERNESS AMONG THE PUBLIC.

REGARDING THIS I GIVEN THE WRITTEN COMPLAINT TO THE MANAGEMENT AND I HAVE PROVED ALSO THIS TO THEM.

MAY BE MY EXPERIENCE WILL HELP ATLEAST FEW PEOPLE.

The guy complaining is a Doctor and a Father of this girl? Hard to believe that.
Dr. V.V has certainly expressed his frustration for taking this little grl through MRI (when it is unnecessary) and as a Doctor you should have known this too.
This has nothing to do with money I think. I would do the same thing if I were a Doctor and afterall Doctors are human and they also cant stand stupidity.
Dont drive good doctors away from India by being unnecessarly emotional.

yes, the docotor is too arrogant and very irrtative in his behaviour, even i like to forgot this incident, it often comes to my mind

back in 2009 july, my brother's 6 years old son has a tumour in his brain and we went for the consultation to this stupid doctor

we were at 12 pm to c him but we were made to be waited for a whole day as this doctor normally leave this hospital at 1 pm daily

so the next day around 8 am we were there with the report, at that time we was almost sure that the patient cant be operated and he is certain to die, so we didnt bring the sick child with us, we went there to ask him whether it is curable

HE TURNED UP AT 10 AM, HAV A GLARE AT US EVEN BEFORE KNOWING WE ARE THERE TO CONSULT HIM

THEN WE WENT INSIDE

THE CONVERSATION WENT LIKE THIS

WE : gud morn docotor

DR VV : where is the patient, ysterday i saw a child wth u, is he is the patient

WE : s sir he is the patient, we just want to consult you with the MRI REPORT

DR VV. ok get out from here, i dont treat reports, i want to c the patient, come with the patient
(AND JUST THROW THE MRI AT THE TABLE AND WENT AWAY, AS IF HE HAS TO CATCH THE FLIGHT)

WE WENT THERE NEXT DAY AT 8 AM WITH THE PATIENT

DR V.V SAW THE PATIENT AND TOLD US TO ADMIT THE PATIENT AND WENT AWAY

HE CAME AFTER AN HOUR AND SEE THE REPORT AND AFTER A MINUTE

HE TOLD US THE PATIENT CANT BE OPERATED AND THE BETTER OPTION IS TO TAKE THE CHILD HOME

THE THING IS, HE MAYTOLD THAT ONTHE FIRST DAY ITSELF, IF HE SEENTHE REPORT FOR A MINUTE

SECONDLY HE MAY TOLD US THE THING THE DAY BEFORE TOO, THAT IS WHEN WE WENT THERE WITHOUT THE CHILD AND WITH THE REPORTS

THE BOY DIED 2 WEEKS LATER, BUT THE MEMORY OF THE BAOY AND THE DR V.V ARE STILL WITH US

GOD BLESS HIM

Well my daughter has been having mild seizures since birth .Dr.Vishwanathan has been changing medications but the frequency of the seizures has increased.Anyway I'm not here to complain about that.Its what happenned a week back.

She had a seizure and we had to take her to the ER for it to subside.He started her on a medication to be given additionally with the one she was already taking.She started having terrible side effects after a day .We had to bring her to the ER once again for emergency care as she became completely unresponsive.The doctor came in and told us that he was 100% sure the new medication had nothing to do with this.

When her pediatrician and I did some research on the net we found out that whatever sideeffects my daughter was facing was warned on each and every one of the website concerning this medicine!!

How can he not know this when it is a common used medication and he is a doctor of a long experience.Anyway as soon as I stopped the medication her symptoms slowly started to subside and we came back home after 3 days.

And the best part is he never came to see us after that and only sent his junior to tell us to stop the meds!!

Also has anyone noticed how he keeps bragging about himself-how many patients he sees in a day, How good he is doing for the mankind and how his patients cant live without him!!

This is Saravana from chennai, i had very bad experience with DR.V.Vishwanathan and the hospital management.

Yesterday I took my son to check with DR.V.Vishwanathan,

Just to visit him we spend around RS.300 and we took hearing test also for RS 700 which he did not say that. This doctor doesn’t have human being yet all. He is throwing my son reports to my face and started shouting. We just simply went out and can’t able to do anything on this.

I feel very bad and I will never go again to this hospital.

Surya, Hyderabad.I have been visiting this doctor for the past 6 years with my child who is a DMD patient. The behavior of Dr.V V is very very gentle and i have never seen him getting annoyed even if we out of curiosity ask the questions which are Un-scientific. I strongly believe that the person complaining must leave all his ego before visiting another doctor as he is simply a father of a patient there and follow the instructions of the specialist. If he can't do so he shouldn't be visiting there.
N Jan 27, 2011 by
in distress

dr. vishwanathan...neurologist "working" at kanchi kamakottai, (childtrust) hospital. nungambakam, chennai.
1. Bugger, does not have basic manners. when a parent approaches for advice and help, instead he makes, the situation worse, by adding insult, abusive language, and acts he knows everything.
H e thinking he s the only one neuro in the whole world, and the rest are either dead or he s doing it for free.

2. He charges money and time, to discuss MIX MATCHING MEDICENES, which he has no knowledge, how old or new its in the market, and if he knows, he is least bothered to know, that the medicene may act differently from child to child.

3.He is such a bloody fool, fooling the other doctors, stating that he has 22 years of experience, rather if you see the other way around, he has been playing around "mixing"- "increasing"- "decreasing" medicenes, .
So in total, he is juggling around with medicenes along with the childrens lifes past 22 years.

4.If ever you are learned, have knowledge of medicene, he will not appreciate it, or rather feel insecure.

5.He should have killed atleast 10 children a year, so that amounts to 10 into 22 years = 220 kids.
The most proffesional serial killer yo will ever see.

6.He is proud to be doing the social service for kids with mental disorder, by the government.
so, he s in the right path as, the politicians, increasing quotations of expenditure, and naturally, his mind will always work, calculatuing how to swindle money.

7. Bugger, states he is from abroad. uk, I presume, think should have been boooted from there for his, ill-mannered, and arrogant behaviour.
8. I finally have this for him, if ever he reads this---- my experession of disgust and hatred is less in words, because, the way he had been towards me and my sick child, I wish to tear him apart.(with happiness), so that he dies, and leaves alot of children, un- harmed.

2011, i promise every parent, who have their painfull comments above, I am starting all work nessecary to get him out of this hospital, . I WILL BE BACK WHEN DONE.

SAM
D Jan 27, 2011 by
rajaramannp

i know dr vv for the last 6 years. he has treated and saved my son from nervous disorder. my son fell unconscious in school 3 times. after consulting two other medical centres, i took him to childs trust. after several test they found that he had spikes in his brain and refered him to dr. v.v. how nice he treated. very cal and smiling. encouraging and patiently hearing. how a man of this nature can be cruel to people. he was all along very gentle and kind to us. i refered my niece to him and she is recovering fast. these complaints are - may be- he was in bad mood- every person has sometimes that too of this man's tight work-or he was abnormally poked by irrelevant questions wasting his time - something dr v v can only clarify. but one thing is sure - he is like god to so many. n rajaraman, arumbakkam, chennai