Godrej Refrigerator - Cooling Problem

lokeshtevathia on May 10, 2012
I bought my Godrej refreigrator Eon 240 litres around 2 years back. Everything went well for 2 years. Now it started giving me the cooling problem.

I reported the complaint at Godrej Service center in Bangalore on 17th April viz complaint no. 1704890428. Service Engineer came to my house and after lots of troubleshooting and 2 hours of diaognising, he came to conclusion that compressor is faulty. He told me that compressor is under warranty and you need to pay for change in Gas and service charge for which net amount apid by you will be around 1300. Service Engineer told me that Compressor does the cooling for 2 mins and stays switched off for 1 mins which is not the normal behaviour. Hence please go ahead with chnaging of the compressor. I said go ahead and repair the refrigerator. There was no response from Godrej and after 3 days I recieved a message that your problem is resolved and complaint is closed.

I raised another complaint to Godrej Service center for not doing cooling by refrigerator on 22nd April with complaint no. 2204892987. After calling them several times and persuading them, they came to my house to change the compressor. Compressor was changed on 25th April which took 4 hours with gas filling and everything. Service Engineer demaded Rs.1250 which I paid him. He told that now ice will be made in refrigerator and temprature can go below 0. To my surprise next day I was unable to see any ice in my refrigarator. I called the service Engineer on 26th April and did not got any response from him. Even they went ahead and closed my complaint.

I raised third complaint for my same problem on 25th of April with complaint no. 2504894539. Service provider people at HAL didn't bothered to pick up my call even after 100's of trial onto number which I had as 9964187852 and another mobile number as 9845337799. I called them on saturday 28th April aroun 20 times and they informed me that we are busy in meeting and would be sending person in evening. Even in evening they did not responded to my call. After several attempts they told me that executive would be visiting me on Sunday morning. On sunday they did not even attended my call. After so many attempts they said that we'll come on 7th of May. Even 7th May they did not turned out. I called them back on 8th May and did not got any response. On 9th May they said that we'll come but never turned out till evening. On 10th May they came to my house and asked to empty the refrigerator and said that problem is with the freezer. Then he rechecked and after 3 hrs of diagnosis, he came to conclusion that the NEW COMPRESSOR which they replaced is faulty one. I am really fed of these Godrej Service Center people.

Then again they said that we are going to come tomorrow with the new compressor and replace it. I asked then to collect my refrigerator and rectify the problem in it and deliver it back to me. It is none of by business how do you guys fix it.

Now they have to come to my house to collect the refrigerator and I hope they turn out tomorrow. My vegetables and fruits worth Rs.1000 are spoiled due to refrigerator. Even daily the milk is getting spoiled as its Summer in Bangalore. I am really fedup with these Service Center guys.

I would suggest everybody never buy the Godrej refrigerator as they provide the worst service in the world. I am very much disssatified with their service.

Can you please help me.

Service Center Number 9964187852 Contact Name-- Mr Madhu
Refrigerator in name of -- Juhi Kataria
Model -- Godrej Eoin 240 lts purchased 2 yrs back

Please help me to resolve this problem

Name-- Juhi Kataria
Mob-- 9379661854

Comments

GANESH SHENOY Godrej Refrigerator  - India

Same Complaint is with me. Eversince I purchase, the refrigerator worked well for one year therefafter the timer, Compressor and again timer, relay were replaced. Now the problem is my fridge is continously woking for which the electric comsumtion per month have increase.I am thinking of replacing refrigerator with other brand
Bernadette Fernandes Godrej Refrigerator  - India

Excess ice formation - Godrej Refrigerator

Excess ice is forming in the freezer box only after I cleaned the door rubber gasket. What could be the problem. I need to defrost every two days.

Please advice.

Thanking you.
kamlesh jain Godrej Refrigerator  - India

I have recently purchased a refrigerator from Godrej Nikiee System, Mayur Vihar phase-3 on date 15-Aug-2009 with the belief in its brand name. Unfortunately this has been a bad experience form the very beginning.

There was problem in cooling functionalities within 2 days and I asked my dealer for replacement, but he said this not been any functional issue and did some fix up with the gas system.
Also from day one, there are problems with the door of the refrigerator, like problem in handle etc.
Against this complaint, the service-man (who came after many requests) mentioned that we need to replace the door.

In all, this describes the condition of the new Godrej refrigerator which I purchased only 10 days back. (Refrigerator details mentioned below).
The dealer from whom I purchased is not replacing the defected refrigerator and is just trying to provide temporary repairs.

I am not satisfied with all this, and with the un-caring attitude of the dealer, I am forced to mail you for my problem.
Since the refrigerator is functionally too bad (with problems in gas system & door already exposed), I need an immediate replacement for this or complete refund of the amount I have paid for this.
Please consider my request with urgency and high importance.

Kamlesh Jain
Bharathi P.S. Godrej Refrigerator  - India

our refrigerator was 20 year old, we want to know we have to change the water for cube other wise it will not functioning properly & I want to know it will take more power for everday change the water
pls reply immediately

Your truly
modern tv centre Godrej Refrigerator  - India

no cooling - godrej ff refrigerator

our customer addres
selvaraj
vellagoudanoor morasapatti[po]
idappadi salem [dt] 637101
tamilnadu

sir mamy times complaint this problems c.no. 277358 and c.no ;325932
but no respons your service care centre pls solve my problem thank you sir
alokranjan1983 Godrej Refrigerator  - India

i have purchased godrej refrigerator 165 ltr. its cooling system don`t work at all.
Please send engineer asap. My address is :-Alok Ranjan Kumar H No-534, Block F2, Sangam Vihar Mobile No-9711202743, 9711202738,
chan49 Godrej Refrigerator  - India

i made acomplaint about cooling problem in my godrej fridge on24.9.09, but it is unattended till date.please help.i am facing lot of problems in this prickly hot season.thank you,
sincerely yours,
c.h.tiwari
275-2A-Saket nagar, Bhopal-462024
Debatosh Mishra Godrej Refrigerator  - India

I have a Godrej Refrigerator - Pentacool, Model 2006.For 15 - 20 days, the cooling function is not working properly.Pls send one service engg to contact me.

Thanks & Regards

Pandri, Raipur
0771-2446116
SHARAD KUMAR Godrej Refrigerator  - India

I have Godrej Refrigerator makes 1984,
is that my compressor is not working i yhinking is that compressor is burn
SHARAD KUMAR Godrej Refrigerator  - India

We have a Godrej refrigerator. Pls give us some service on it or replace it with a new refrigerator.
and send the details of mirzapur city
Bharat B.Jamanu Godrej Refrigerator  - India

TO,
All India Consumer forum

I, Mr Bharat Jamanu, residing in chembur[Mumbai] . I had purchased Godrej Pentacool 220 double door refrigerator on 05/11/2007 from ANIL TRADING COMPANY [Authorised Dealer For Godrej] Chembur East. But unfortunately since last 1& 1/2 yrs of purchase, the new refrigerator started giving cooling problems. I lodged complaints in ANIL TRADIING as well the toll free no of godrej customer care. The technician visited after the complaint lodged, I was told that there is a compressor PROBLEM,
which was under warranty for 5 years, we paid him the service charges and gas filling charges Rs 1325.. before he had repaired it. I don’t understand that if compressor fails. that is a Godrej company’s problem. Why should we pay for that, while replacing compressor gas leakages.
. For replacing the compressor they have taken 12 days. Even after following the customer care .and their service franchisees (DHOLPHIN SERVICES).continuously. Now again within 4months time (17.09.09) it has a cooling problem, . The technician visited after the complaint lodged (on 19.09.09) for which once again they suggest me to fill the GAS in the Refrigerator. He told us that for gas filling, technician will come. The technician came on 22.09.09. He checked the refrigerator and said .I need one part to replace, I will come after two days. He came on 26.09.09. and He has replaced the compressor again by giving remark of poor pumping on visit report. as he start the refrigerator, cooling started in freezer section. He took my signature on report and went. With in 10 to 20 minutes again the cooling stopped. we have been complaining abt it daily to the service centre and also the customer care toll free number, on 30.09.09 technician visited now he is said that, compressor has problem. and he added this is old compressor which was fitted by previous visited technician. then he has removed that compressor and fitted other one defective compressor, which was with him, took that old compressor with him, and told us I will talk in office tomorrow & inform you, this is height of every thing. I really don’t understand what to do with this people.
This is really amazing, that a new product, which such a great reputation does not work upto the mark. Two compressors fails in 1 & ½ years. Now we have got irritated, by doing follow ups. I have wasted my important time and money .atfer godrej refrigerator and their services. I want replacement of refrigerator, not only the compressor. All the faith that we people[Customers] have on Godrej would soon be diminishing .
I request you to do the needful .This is what suits best to Godrej Company, specially after sales or service dept of Mumbai.

Bharat .B. Jamanu
Chembur, Mumbai .
MOHAN KULKARNI Godrej Refrigerator  - India

BEFORE TWO YEARS I PURCHASED A GODREJ COLDGOLD MATRIX FROM PRAVIN FURNICHURES IN PUNE.SINCE A YEAR BACK A PROBLEM ARISED OF WATER LEAKAGE.WHEN POWER IS OFF THE WATER FROM FRIDGE COMES OUT OF FRONT SIDE.PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM . GIVE ME THE PHONE NUMBERS OF YOUR SERVISE CENTERS IN PUNE.
p.vishnu prasad Godrej Refrigerator  - India

I took direct cool fridge in march last year. from 3 days fridge stopped working, called the service centre, mechanic came and tested told motar in compressor got jammed.
From date of purchesing their was heavy sound coming from fridge while tremostat on&off .In this connection i called service centre after 2 days of purchase. Mechanic told it is normal while tripping. but i observed others fridges that much heavy sound was not coming.
I think some loose connection in fridge created the present problem.
Bishan Basu Godrej Refrigerator  - India

We bought EON Refrigerator and there is no proper cooling. I find that this is a common complain. So Godrej must replace the cooling system free of cost.
Vishal Shimple Godrej Refrigerator  - India

Leakage water inside the fridge - Godrej EDGE(Refrigerator)

Respected Sir,
I was buy Goderej EDGE(Refrigerator) dated 1 Jan 2009
till date of 25/09/09 ur product have no problem but after next day the fridge was problem likage the water inside the Fridge.I was complain date of 27/09/09 to Goderej Dealer RADHIKA in PIMPRI but they are not provide me service.thats why i complainig today date of 6/10/09
so give me some feedback if u also doing nothing i dont want to use your product i will return it & give ONE GOOD ADVICE TO ALL THAT DONT USE GODREJ PRODUCT BECAUSE OF BAD SERVICE

YOUR UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER
VISHAL SHIMPLE
9595 91 4565
Shiv Pal Goyal Godrej Refrigerator  - India

I have purchased on Referigerator model : Cold Gold, Capacity 300 Ltr. Red. vide bill no. 1923 dated 23-02-2009 from M/s Jiwan Electronics, Bathinda.

There are problem with handle, knob, top roof and base cover.

Plz check the problem and solve.
thanks

Bathinda.

Mob: 94634-53612
Yuvaraj Selukar Godrej Refrigerator  - India

Cooling problem - Godrej double door 230ltr

I have purchased the above fridge on 07/10/2009 at 9.00pm through your authorised dealer Lotus situated at MP Nagar Bhopal. sice then it was having the problem that it was automatically getting off after every 10-15 minutes.I think that it is fully automatic, so might be happening.but since day before yesterday.it is totally off.today i made a call on your toll free no.that madam has lodge the complaint and send a person to check it,he said that its compressor failed due to fluctuation of power supply.but within two days power supply problem has arisen.whereas our old allwyn fridge was running on same power supply since last ten year,no such problem has come.
I request you to get it replacer whole fridge.and hope that you will consider our request.
Thanking you.
Yours sincely

Yuvaraj Selukar
10,Vinayak parisar
G-3,Gulmohar colony,
BHOPAL Mob.no.09826392723
Alka Toteja Godrej-Refrigerator  - India

Cooling problem - Godrej-Refrigerator

This is in reference to a Godrej refrigerator model no-GFP 430 X/Y bought on 14-11-2004. Since the time the fridge has been bought,there has always been a cooling problem in this fridge. Lot of complaints has been registered already for the same problem. Stabilizer was also bought in March 2006 for Rs 1500 on recommendation of Godrej representatives. Then an extended warranty was taken from March 2006 till March 2008. But cooling problem was never resolved despite of our spending too much on the fridge. Within a year we started facing this cooling problem. We got the compressor also changed in 2 years from the date of purchase. The dealer was Sound and Image,Jail Road, Hari Nagar,New Delhi-110064. Now our fridge has stopped working completely. We have been trying to get in touch with service centre in Delhi but nobody responds the phone there. Would request you to kindly advice and guide us through this problem once for all.
Ramesh Kumar Singh Godrej Refrigerator  - India

Dear

I am from Rourkela (Orissa) I had been using Godrej Refrizator from Last 4 Years, i have facing problem electric consumption is more last few months.
Please suggest to how it is happened.

Ramesh Kumar Singh
meenal Rege Godrej Refrigerator  - India

Even myself also faced the same problem, Godrej Company having good name and brand in market so I had taken refrigeter of Godrej few month back but within 6 month i have faced cooling problem

Our vegetable are spoiling due to tempature problem, if we increase the tempature of cooling then other products spoiling due to ice problem . like curd, milk get layer of ice.

I have called for serving on tollfree no. then they send one service person who has add one instrument i.e. converter (stabiliser). which I wont find it effective .

I will never going to by any Godrej product henceforth, as they are very poor in service, product

Meenal Rege