Delay of service - Hathway Cable & Datacom Pvt Ltd
My internet connection from Hathway expired on 11-December-2007 and I paid the renewal amount by cash on 12-December-2007 by cash to the customer representative of Hathway. The connection was supposed to be active from the same day night. But it was not.
I made a call(usually reaching them is tough, you will have to make atleast minimun 30 tries) to customer support next day and found the connection was not renewed. They promised to renew the connection same day mid night 12:00 PM...But it never happend :-(
I had to make repeated calls and came to know their internet renewal application was going upgradation and my renewal will happen only the next day...
From then on till day(24-December-2007), I have been making repeated calls to the customer care department and the hathway renewal department. I am getting the same answer.
Once I did speak to the renewal manager also, he also gave me the same response and till now nothing has turned up.
I also asked them a couple of times to refund my renewal money so I can take up some other service provider, for that the manager on the renewal department says "Every service provider has the same issue..." and he never was agreeing to refund my money also. I have seen people defending their own services but I have never heard a manager speaking so ir-responsible.
Apart from this the basic difficulties,
* You cannot reach the customer care centre so easily, you will have to make a minimum of atleast 30 tries before you talk to a person on the other end. They say they have a 24*7 customer service, but after 10:00 PM and on weekends no one is there to attend your calls. Also, when there is an global issue like the renewal issue I am facing, no one picks up the phone...Even the representative who collected the renewal money from me, his mobile is switched of till now.
* The person on the customer support end is not so good in technical aspects of networking or neither he/she knows how to deal with customers. They just say they will look into the issue and get back, they will never in life time get back to you.
* For any issue, no time lines are certain. If you ask for a word, they won't be in a position to give it.
* As long as the system and devices work, you are in safer side. Once there is an problem, you are gone for a toss. No one, not a human cares for you.
* You will not be given any grace period for your renewals. Not even a single minute.
So its my humble request for those who are planning to take up Hathway, please think more than thrice...take up a service level agreement signed by the hathway folks so later it would be useful.
In other words, I would say, Please refrain from going to internet via Hathway....Please don't fall in a mess like myself.
Now finally, I have sent them an email and if they are not responding I am planning to go and speak to them in person in their Alwarpet office.
For taking service from Hathway I had to lose the following,
* My internet service - I was not able to do any of my work till now. The loss is huge.
* The money for all the call costs, atleast more than 75 calls to customer care and renewal department.
* Energy...good will and atlast finally going to waste my fuel and time behind these guys !!!
Please think before going for it !!!