HDFC Bank - Demat Account

jazzmeet on Jun 23, 2012
I would like to file fraud case against HDFC BANK Ltd, Sector 14, Gurgaon.

I opened S/B with HDFC Bank in May, 2008 and when their executive approached me for opening S/B account, he did not give me any information regarding DEMAT account linked to it. They are deducting Rs 850 annually as annual maintenance charges whereas I am never aware of that I have such account. I only got to know in Jun, 2012 when I say my mini statement where it was mentioned that Rs 850 has been deducted as depository charges. It's typical fraud case where executive did not educate customer with all the details.

Comments

kanak srivastava demat account  - India

accoount not openedmy - demat account

my application no is 9001838243 and i have applied 2 month before and still it is showing expect update in next 2 day but still not opened . will you plz see that my account opens fast.
Joseph demat account  - India

Creating new Demat Account - demat account

i need to create new demat account in chennai.I need some brokers number to contact them regarding the same

Joseph Prince J
Amrit Saboo HDFC Bank  - India

Its the worst customer service I have ever come across. I hold a Savings Account with HDFC Bank and want to open a demat account. I have called the Bank so many times and everytime the call agent says that we will get back to you, but in vain.

Then I raised this request through website and after a month some female DSA called up which does not understand English. But somehow she promised that she will send someone but that too i think she is not letting that person leave her and meet Customers.
dhanumjay HDFC Bank  - India

more than a month for opening account - HDFC Bank

On aug 11, I applied to hdfc bank to transfer my account from chennai to BTM, bangalore branch. after 3 weeks the application was sent back with silly reasons like the reason for transfer not sufficient. I came to know all the transfer requests are not processed by the bank.

Later i applied for new account paying Rs.5600/- (i., e Rs.600 more ) on sept 4. I was promised that I will receive the savings kit by 1 week. It has been 3 weeks now there is response from these people

service delayed is equal to service rejected
RAJAN_PT HDFC Bank  - India

When they cannot clarify a point, there is hectic consultation over phone and say we will call you back.The call never comes.When you go to their branch it is the same story.After a round of discussions every body will shake their head and say an agent will visit you with the necessary clarification. Try to get the name and location of a senior officer of the bank you will never get.Every time you go to the bank you see a new face and a hear new instruction, Total confusion all around.
Senthilkumar Ramamurthy HDFC Bank  - India

I had opened my Demat account in HDFC bank before three month but till now i haven't received my DEMAT Kit and Password, I had mailed almost five to six times, I had never seen such a bad service.
Kindly look into this issue.

Senthilkumar R
murari sharma HDFC Bank  - India

I am a unknown person about demat a/c. I want open a new demate a/c for online trading.Pls suuggest & guide me for that kind of trading in brief. Thanks from Jaipur.
rupalibaruah HDFC Bank  - India

my demate account is not operate
kindly assist me
if req1uired pl issue new password
ruoalibaruah
RAJESH KUMAR THAKUR HDFC Bank  - India

I RAJESH KUMAR THAKUR HAVE A DEMAT ACCOUNT (CLIENT ID IS 27585560 ) BUT I HAVE LOST MY ACCOUNT NUMBER SLIP.SO PLEASE ISSUE ME DUPLICATE COPY OF THE SAME. THANKS
ruchi singhal HDFC Bank  - India

I had the same kind of experience. I have my Dmat Account opened but I have lost my account number and password.. It's been more than a month now that I have been trying to get my account no.& password recover..but the people at HDFC are not ready to re-issue that now. If anyone have any information that how to recover that...plz let me know..
Mandeep Arora demat account  - FAZILKA , Ferozepur, Punjab, India

DMAT CLOSER - demat account

DEAR SIR ,

I WANT TO TAKE YOUR INTENTION TOWARDS MY PROBLEM WHICH I HAVE TO FACE REGARDING CLOSING OF MY DEMAT ACOUNT . SIR I HAVE A DEMAT ACOUNT CLIENT ID NO 28054873 IN FAZILKA BRANCH WHICH WAS OPENED BY BRANCH MANAGER OF FAZILKA MR. PARVEEN GALHOTRA BY SAYING ME THAT THIS IS COMPULSARY FOR SALARY ACOUNT OR CREDIT CARD ELIGIBILITY IN YOUR ACOUNT HE SAID TAHT NO CHARGES OF THIS ACOUNT YOU HAVE TO PAY IT IS FREE OF COST BUT WHEN I CAME TO KNOW BY HDFC BANK LETTER TAHT IN SEPTEMBER 2010 CHARGES FOR DEMAT ARE CREDITED FROM MY ACOUNT THEN I VISIT IN BRANCH MANY TIME FOR CLOSE MY ACOUNT BUT THEY MAKE CERTAIN EXCUSE AS WE HAVE NO CLOSER FORM YET COME AFTER TWO DAYS WHEN AFTER TWO DAYS I WENT IN BRANCH THEY SAID THAT YOUR SIGNATURE ARE MISSMATCH. AFTER IT THEY HAVE RECIVED MY CLOSER FORM BY SAYING ME THAT OK WE WILL CLOSE THE SAME FINALY 827:00 RUPEES HAD BEEN CREDITED FROM MY ACOUNT BUT STILL DEMAT IS NOT CLOSED I AM LIVING IN LUDHIANA AND IT IS DIFFICULT FOR ME TO VISIT BRANCH AGAIN AND AGAIN PLZ DO THE NEEDFULL AS I DONT WANT TO BEAR HARASHMENT MORE IN THIS MATTER
N Jan 22, 2011 by
a.govardan HDFC Bank  - India

Hi i have taken dmat a/c with my salary a/c. Now i am not interesting to trade
I am planning to deactivate that dmat a/c. what's the procedure for this.
Pls let me know .
N Nov 21, 2011 by
preetikohli HDFC Bank  - South Delhi, Delhi, India

demat account - HDFC

I have been issued a dmat account at HDFC bank.I have made complaints to close that account as i already possess one.I was asked by an employee that my complaint has been taken care of and i will be sent a form for the closure of the Dmat account shortly.Its been 4 months that i have not received the form.Despite of my repetitive complaints my Dmat account is still open.Please help me to close this account.
N Nov 22, 2011 by
HDFC Bank HDFC Bank  - South Delhi, Delhi, India

Dear customer,

We regret the inconvenience. We will look into your concerns from our end and revert with a resolution at the earliest. Please write to talktous@hdfcbank.com with your account and contact details and the reference number TTU000387222112011.

Regards, Customer Assistance, HDFC Bank
N Nov 24, 2011 by
hemalaaa HDFC Bank  - India

I am not satisfied with your Gujarat Ahmadabad, Naroda branch staff. At the time of opening demat a/c they has inform us not to pay any amount for the same. Now they have charged Rs.330.90 for the same. actually we are not suppose to open the demat a/c. but force fully opened and now they charge for the same.If this type of services you are providing to the customer then we are not interested to continue our S.B. A/C No.04611780000435, 04611000033536, 0461100000033546 and Current A/C No.04612020000459, 04612020001306 with your bank.
A Dec 11, 2011 by
kanpms HDFC Bank  - India

I have had a bitter experience.The problem still remains. I have given a nomination form twice at the branch- and after 2 years they have still not given effect to that. when you send a mail we get a computer generated reply stating they will revert in 5 working days. Where as I am able to get the same information over phone from SHCIL.

R Kannan
Chennai
N Jun 23, 2012 by
jazzmeet

Since DEMAT account is running from May 2008, I want all the charges deducted as annual maintenance charges from my account to be refunded.
N Jun 27, 2012 by
HDFC Bank

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please write to talktous@hdfcbank.com with your account and contact details, details of the branch where you have your account and the reference number TTU000445125062012. We will get in touch with you.

Regards, Customer Assistance, HDFC Bank
N Aug 5, 2013 by
Avikrit Dubey

My name is Avikrit Dubey. My account number is 19881000000683(savings a/c) and i even have a demat account whose account number is 33878861.
My problem is that a when i had opened a demat account in hdfc bank a caller from the bank from mumbai branch calls me up from the number 02239310500, 02239561760 and 02239561700 consecutively to sell me a blink for online trading. On 11th october 2011 he deducted the amount of Rs 4555 from my account and told me that a hdfc staff would be coming to my place with the blink and would help me and show me how to use it. But still that hdfc staff is on the way from past 2 years. I request you to please take a severe action against this issue and help me to get the amount refunded.
Hope you take a strict action against the issue.

Thanking you,
Avikrit Dubey
N Oct 23, 2013 by
Shweatha

Dear HDFC Customer Service,

I have not received my DEMAT Kit and Password since last one year, from the day i created an account. And all of a sudden this month Rs. 850/- is deducted from demat account. I dont use demat account at all... how can you deduct the amount without even providing the prior reason??? This amount needs to be refunded.

Please do the needful!!