HDFC Bank Salary Account - Process for Change of Address

chiranjeev81 on Apr 23, 2011

I wanted to complain about the harrassment caused by HDFC bank Bommanhalli branch. I have seen this tendency from this bank that they dont take documents which you are carrying with you but intsead they require something which you dont have. I wanted to do a change of address on my Salary account which was more than a month old. I carrried a attested letter from Wipro (My employer) mentioning my new address, my PAN CARD,my Driving License ID card and also my house rental agreement copy. Now when I requested them to make the change the Branch Manager told me that I need to bring a letter from HR specificaally requesting HDFC Bank to change My address - I told them I had an original petter but they said that it says" To whomsoever it may concern". This is really not accepatbale as most these companies dont offer employees such personalized servcies. Then manager told me I can also have a Original House rental agreement with Original Electircity Bill and My house owner physically coming to bank and signing on these documents. This means that my House owner is obligated to me. I really dont understand why for opening accounts they take photocopies but for doing any transactions later they need orginals. I am really frustrated with their service and behaviour.

Comments

N Oct 3, 2011 by
Pravish

Hi..

I want to change my address of my salary account & credit card but when I went with all required document i.e. Rental aggreement, passport, driving licence to Viman Nagar branch @ pune, customer care personnel told me that these doc not valid for changing the address and require more doc and even he don't have enough time to guide me for the same.
I check on HDFC web site for the procedure & required docs but @ the branch there are different story.

I am very dissappointed from the HDFC barnch service.As I wnt to change that because I am going to apply for personel loan from HDFC only.
N Oct 9, 2013 by
amarchandankar

hi,

Last Week, I went to HDFC Higne Khurd branch to change my billign address along with address proof and helpdesk representative asked me to submit photocopy of PAN card.

I casually asked, what about the address proof (i.e. rent agreeement), she said, there i no need of address proof simply attach self attested photocopy of PAN card.

Not sure, how it is related to my PAN card which is already updated to bank's record.

HDFC Bank Salary Account - Process for Change of Address