Honda Unicorn - Honda Unicorn-Carburetor

Anurag Kumar
Would like to know after how many years one need to change the Carburetor of Honda Unicorn????
I was having starting problem with my Honda Unicorn and also it gets stopped after going few meters.
I called a service station person and asked him to pick the bike from my house.
After that I got a call from service station and I was told that my bike is serviced as I have told them but they are unable to set the mileage but starting problem is fixed temporary because AIR screw is jammed and it cannot be open.
They told me to replace the Carburetor (Price is app RS 2800) so that mileage can be set and also starting problem.
This is really shocking because I have never heard that bike Carburetor is being changed after 4.5 years & in 21500 KM.
Prior to Honda Unicorn also I was having bike but I have never changed the Carburetor in 13 yrs with more than 50, 000 KM.

Why Honda is creating such Carburetor?Why consumer will suffer if there is some fault in Carburetor.

Comments

it tru that air nut most of unicorn bike jamed with in 6 month and there is no way to open except change of carburator as i have some problem with my bike unicorn
N Sep 14, 2011 by
sujeetmail

I have a problem with my 3 year old Honda unicorn bike. The bike starts but the moment I accelerate the engine stops. In the rainy season, this gets worst. Some time during travel if I change the gears the moment I leave the clutch the engine stops and jump-starts. The service center does not seem to have an answer to the problem. I have tried changing the spark plug, cleaning the tank, cleaning the carburetor, changing the diaphragm in the carburetor. Engine de-carb. Nothing seams to work. The worst thing is the problem is not consistent. Does not happen all the time, which makes me look like a fool at the service center. If anyone has resolved problem pls Contact at sujeet.g@live.com.
A Jun 19, 2012 by
AzimChaudhari

Ya Sujeet, Even I have the same problem. My bike is 2 yrs old. ND m having this silly problem Since I have purchased the bike.
The sole answer to this problem is to Replace the Carburetor, Which is also a problem with Honda Services, They never have Spares in Stock, Poor Guys, I Pity them...
A Sep 3, 2012 by
Nayan_Mistry

Hi Sujeet,

I am too facing the same problem. Did your problem get resolve?
N Oct 11, 2012 by
alxzsites

Hi people, I have been facing the same issue as Sujeet twice. Finally the problem was resolved by replacing the CARBURETOR DIAPHRAGM. It costs around Rs.250/- for third party one and maybe around Rs.500/- for Honda Original.

It is a circular rubber gasket that fits into the carb. It had solved the problem in the past, but after two years the problem resurfaced. I changed the diapragm today again, and the problem seems to have been solved.

I will update if the problem persists, if not, consider it solved.

Hope this helps.

N Apr 22, 2014 by
bparmar18

hi Sujit even I faced this problem twice, got this problem in 2005 model that time also I replaced the CARBURETOR, and currently I have honda unicorn 2008 model and again faced the same problem. I don't know why Honda is not looking this issue seriously. I am very much disappointed with honda Brand. And even I also changed circular rubber gasket shown above, but after 15 days I faced the same issue. Now I am again taking decision to replace carburetor which is a cost Rs. 5400/-

Honda Unicorn - Honda Unicorn-Carburetor