Horlicks - strange smell from purchased product

Sudarshan Chakraborty
I purchased one 200G of Horlicks some days back. It was having strange smell. I complained to the company's complaint cell. They called me up and asked some more details. I provided that on the next day, but till date they have failed to provide me any update about any corrective actions. I am pasting the email communications I had with them for this issue.
===========================================================================
Sudarshan Chakraborty/India/IBM
09/04/2009 00:37

Any action or updates?
Sudarshan

Sudarshan Chakraborty/India/IBM
04/04/2009 01:43

Re: Complain on Horlicks

I appreciate your response and concern on this issue.
Here are the details you were looking for:

Batch No: D09220H
Pkd: 03/09

My Address:
#65, 12th Cross, Laxmipuram, Ulsoor, Bangalore-560008.
Contact no. 9886076204.

The pack of Horlicks will be preserved properly as per your request.
Please note that simply taking back the old pack and replacing with new one will not satisfy me. I must be given detailed information about why such situation occured and what you have done (along with logical proof) to ensure that such things are not repeated in future.
I believe you will take sincere action to resolve the issue asap.
Thanks and regards
Sudarshan

Sent by: vimal.k.bhatia@gsk.com
03/04/2009 11:36
Sudarshan Chakraborty/India/IBM@IBMIN

Dear Mr.Sudarshan,

Thank you very much for writing to us and being loyal to GSK Products.
We always welcome feedback from our esteemed consumers like you.
We appreciate your concern and have noted your comments .
To understand the complaint first hand, our representative would get in touch with you shortly.
For the same, we request you to provide following information
Batch No... and PKD ...
Also please provide your complete address and contact number.
In the meantime, we would request you to preserve the complaint pack with you safely.
Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Best regards'

consumer.2.co@gsk.com

Complain on Horlicks

I purchased a 200g of Horlicks refill pack on 29-3-2009 from M.K.Retail, CMH
road, Bangalore.
The drink that I am preparing is having a strange medicinal smell,
something like what you get while entering a hospital. I am not suspecting
the water used to prepare it, since we are using it for drinking purpose as
well. The jar where I am storing the Horlicks powder is used by me for last
one year and is a Horlicks bottle itself.
Please look into the issue asap. Me and my wife have been a loyal consumer
of Horlicks since childhood and we are shocked to have such experience.
Please also look into the perspective that the whole lot produced along
with the pack that I purchased, may have the same issue.
Thanks and regards
Sudarshan Chakraborty
+919886076204

Comments

Dear, sir i have the super idea about your fairness cream regarding the abbervations
for example: how Britania biscuits are abbervate "eat healthly, think better" the small abbervations make
them attractive and peoples are get attracted with those abbervations and they will take their products
because of that reason only the company stoods number 1 in the world

BRITANIA
eat healthy, think better

Simillarly i have the super idea about your energy drinks abbervations "that will definetly make your comany to stood
in "WORLD NUMBER 1 " energy drinks company among the energy drinks manufactures companies in world companies in the world because that makes peoples to stick your company energy drinks from other comany energy drinks
i have taken 2 years of time to create it

If you reject that one your company is going to loose number 1 position in the world
"AS I AM AN INDIAN I WANT TO GIVE IDEAS TO INDIAN COMANIES ONLY WE HAVE TO TAKE INDIA TO HIGHER POSITION
IN THE WORLD"

"I WANT TO SALE MY ABBERVATED IDEA TO YOURS COMPANY FOR 35CRORES

I like horlicks.my age is 6 years old.my sister also driking horlicks.I don't like complan.
ok thankyou, byeeeeeeeeeee

I AM PURCHASE ONE KG HORLICS BOTTLE ON LAST OF OCT 2009 FROM NAVALCANTEEN COCHIN BUT THAT ITOM NOT TO GOOD FOR DRINK DUE TO A BAD SMELL & MEDICINAL TASTE. THE PRODUCT BATCH NO IS B105755B PKD ON09/09 PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM ERLIER I AM A BANK STAFF WORKING IN SBT SME KALAMASSERY BRANCH COCHIN .MY MOBILE NO IS 09846406448

it is very expensive and very little in amount
N Jan 21, 2012 by
kamlesh saran dev Horlicks  - Gurgaon, Haryana, India

paint and mud mixed with horlicks - Horlicks

I am regular customer of horlicks. I specially buy mother hiorlicks for my wife. But today we were shocked to see mud and paint in the bottom of our holicks powder. Now we are trying to get legal help.
N Jan 30, 2012 by
ajit_koroth

I have purchased 500grm Horlicks Pack (Pista Badam Flavour)From D Mart. Akurdi Branch on 24Th Jan. But the pouch contents small Insects with Horlicks.its packing date 4/11 04:56AM L-3. I have kept it with me for your further actions.

Kindly give me a replay
My E_mail ID- ajit_koroth@indiatimes.com
N Mar 10, 2012 by
tripathi_cp

my name is chakrapad tripathi R/O- Q 528, kasturba nagar, sewa nagar, new delhi-110003. I have purchased horlicks on 07/01/2012 at 6:27 p.M. From big apple express retail services pvt. Ltd. At a-268, defence colony, new delhi - 110024. My cash memo number is 76862.

There was an offer on horlicks "one free on purchase of one" from big apple store. When I opened one pack I found it in good condition but next day when I opened another bottle I found a lot of insects in the powder of horlicks.

I would like to request you to take lawfull acations agaings them seriously and compensate me as per law.

Yours truly,
chakrapad tripathi
N Apr 19, 2012 by
tttt

fraud drink - Horlicks

this horlicks is fraud.
u should not buy horlicks.
because they tell it contain barley but it is with rice.
they are cheating old people.
we can buy rice.
but they sell this rice powder for more than 170.
horlicks is fraud
N May 28, 2012 by
simarjeet singh gill

sir/madam
I am taking diet as advised which is gluten free or say wheat free and i want a energy supplement which is wheat flour free and does not contain gluten. recently i am taking ensure which is very costly and i want horlicks nourisher which should be free from wheat flour since it contain gluten which harms my stomach muscle and entire body.
i wish you will provide me with a gluten free horlicks nourisher.which makes me taller, stronger and sharper.

your truly
Simarjeet Singh
N Jun 10, 2012 by
sujitkumardevgan

horlicks ka exp date kab hota hai ek horlicks mere pass jo under me dhela type ka hoga hai esko khaye ya nhi as soon as repply me
N Sep 2, 2012 by
khkh

i am from bangalore recently i have purchased horlicks from ideal mart when i opened it its very chocolate colour and it tastes very strange.last month i had purchased horlicks from other shop it was also tasting strange from normal horlicks.i think some people are spoiling the product and if the manufature people really concerned about people health and about their product then they should cross check about these things.
D Oct 11, 2012 by
surabhi0308_s Horlicks  - Gurgaon, Haryana, India

Hi Kamlesh,
Did you get any positive result till now ?
I too have faced problem (dust/cement, rubber particle found in horlicks), and have filed a complaint for the same here.
N Mar 22, 2013 by
badrikrish

To marketing department,
I would like to purchase 90 nos of 500g refill pack of boost every month. Please advice your local distributor to contact us.

T. Krishnakumar

Ph - 09840036015
N Dec 14, 2014 by
kvindgr8

I am from mumbai, i am writing this complaint to notify that horlicks is cheating its customers by packing less contents and stating inflated values of the real amount. Getting to the point now, i purchased 1 kg pack of horlicks (not the bottled one) when i opened the pack contents seemed to look less so i decided to weigh the contents and then to my shock horlicks only weighed 600 grams net weight including the bottle i emptied it into. The pack says 1kg weight, only god knows what else are the real contents of horlicks. I think the nutritional value should also be over-hyped like the weight. These bastards Glaxosmithkline are fooling us consumers. Selling cheap and inflated products to us customers. It cost me 372 rs for the pack.. package date:09/14, Batch no: 14BA3B (07:02).

Kevin