HSBC, Credit Card - Bank not closing my card & imposing unnecessary charges

Vishal Srivastava
Dear Sir / Madam,

This is regarding my credit card (no.4384599997694962) with HSBC bank. earlier I was getting my monthly statement through post as well as through mail. But for past 2 months (November & December) I am not getting my statements either by post or through mail. I requested the bank to send the duplicate statement & was told to make the payment and was promised that I will be getting the statement within 24 working hours. The first request for the statement was made on 8th Dec, 2008. Since then I got calls for several times from the collection department of the bank. every time I got the call I asked them to send the statement so that I can verify the correctness & then make the payments as I was finding some discrepency in the amount being told orally by the executives. But every time I was told to make the payment rather than the bank sending me the statements. Since that time I didn't recieve any statement. As I was highly dissatisfied withe the behaviour of the bank I decided to close the card.

My statement date is 25th of every month & I called up the customer care once again on 24th Dec to give me a settlement amount. The executive clearly denied giving any settlement figure & told that I will have to wait for 2 more days as the new statement will get generated by then. I told her that as I want to close the card so I don't want to delay the payment. I also told the executive that I will not be responsible for making any furtther charges being added in the new statement as I can make the payments immediately to avoid any such charges. I also wrote a mail to the mail ID mentioned in the bank's site (info@hsbc.co.in) on 24th Dec expecting to get a resolution immediately. But as an unfortunate part I got the a reply of thismail after 12 days (i.e. th January) saying that no settlement is possible. By this time their was an additional amount of Rs. 10, 500/- charged to me through various ways (without the card being used).

Looking at this kind of behaviour by the bank I was really worried & thus in fear of aviding any further charges I made a payment of Rs. 1, 20, 000/- thinking that the bank may listen to me & close the card after this. But as an irony once again I didn't get any resolution for this. I called up the customer care no. (011)23739696 wrote mails to info@hsbc.co.in on 27-12-08, 4-1-09, 7-1-09, 9-1-09 but didn't hear any positiv not from the banks side. I once again made a payment of R. 1700/- in expectation that I may be able to get all the unwanted & ingenuine charges reversed. But the bank is in no ways looking to give an honest resolution to my problems.

This is my last hope while writing to the consumer forum that I get an honest resolution to my problem.

FINANCIAL DAMAGES:
1) Late payment charges from December onwards
2) Overlimit charges from December onwards (if any).
3) Rs. 10, 500/- added in December months statement & all other charges in subsequent months.
4) Cost incurred in travelling & time wasted in going to HSBC offices (to be verified by honourable forum)
5) Cost incurred in calling the HSBC customer care department (to be verified by honourable forum)
6) Any other hidden charges imposed by the bank related to finance charges imposed in previous months (to be verified by honourable forum)

PHYSICAL DAMAGE:
1) High mental & physical harassment in past 6 months due to bank's ill response & harassment calls for payment.

Please note: Sir/Madm, I'm not getting my card statements also from last 6, 7 monts. Earlier also it was not regular.

Thanks & Regards,
Vishal Srivastava,
09873004052 (mobile)

Comments

Unnecessary charges, not used the card at all. - HSBC Credit Card

I got the card from HSBC, but till date, I have not use the card at all.

When I received my first statement of credit card from the bank, I saw they have charged insurance premium, wih processing fee. The same day, I had called at helpline no. 66800001 and requested to cancel, insurance charged in my statement. The letter for the same, was also dropped in the drop box on 16/08/08.

Again, today i.e. 16/09/2008, I got the second statement, in that
also the insurance is charged and previous balance, towards non-payment of earlier payment is also shown. When I contacted the Manager Dalaksha, she told me that, we have got your request on 13/08/2008, your insurance is cancelled but you have to pay the oustanding.

When I have not used the card, how come, it is volatory for me, that I have accepted their terms and conditions.
How, one will come to know before, what the hell, they are going to charge in the statement.

Today, excluding my premium part, I have paid their total amount through visa money transfer online.

Dear Sir / Madam,

FINANCIAL DAMAGES:
1) Late payment charges from December onwards
2) Overlimit charges from December onwards (if any).

PHYSICAL DAMAGE:

Thanks & Regards,
Vishal Srivastava,
09873004052 (mobile)
dheeru112 HSBC   - Pune, Maharashtra, India

Imposing lot Of Late fee - HSBC

I am a resident of Pune and I was a credit card holder of HSBC Gold visa card. I made a request to Close my Credit card account via Phone to Call Centre Executive in Nov’08, the executive told me that you have to pay some Rs 790.00 to settle the account. And I paid the amount, but the at the same time HSBC has stopped my Online Account of Credit Card so I was unable to Check the status and they put some late fees charges and they start deducting the minimum amount from my HSBC Saving Bank Account. When the Amount is finished from in the Bank then they start calling to My Home Address for the amount Due on my card. Now the Amount reached to around 10000.00 and they also put the Credit Card Yearly Charges when I call to HSBC customer Care they told me that I have to pay that amount to setllel my Account and saying that they have referred me to the nonpayment or defaulters list due to non payment of my credit card amount and legal action will be taken by the bank. I dont know what action should i take upon this bank.
Michael Mason-Mahon HSBC   - Pune, Maharashtra, India

Please allow me to introduce myself my name is Michael Mason-Mahon and I am a shareholder of HSBC Plc. I am based in London yet I am a very regular visitor to India.

At HSBC Annual General Meeting of Shareholders 2010 I did address my concerns with the Board of Directors concerning what HSBC has been doing and is doing in India to our customers.

I may be able to help you. I can assure you that I will do all that I can to help you. I have been very successful in the people that I have taken up their cases with HSBC.

So if you would like to contact me, please send me your complaint in full.

Kind regards