ICICI Bank - MAB charges

sanjeev2009 on Jan 14, 2013

This is SANJEEV SARDANA, holding an ICICI saving b/a : 004501501873. My complaint is related to the minimum account balance charges, that bank has debited from my account without even notifying there policy changes, if any. I get quarterly statements but I have never got any information about the policy changes. I think ICICI bank is not even following the guidelines mentioned by RBI.
It is extremely disheartening that Bank is just debiting hefty amount from their customer's hard earned money , without any intimation through phone or statement or any way.

Who has given right to them to debit the amount without any notice or intimation to the customer? How one can be updated with the hidden rules modification.?

Please find the below details for all the transactions made by bank.
SB5495745 25/10/2012 25/10/2012 MABChgs-Sep12+STax 30.9 Dr 280.90 6,432.78 TBI
SB8616429 09/11/2012 09/11/2012 MABChgs-Oct12+STax 30.9 Dr 280.90 5,707.88 TBI
SB5995714 12/12/2012 12/12/2012 MABChgs-Nov12+STax 30.9 Dr 280.90 4,515.74 TBI
SB5427252 08/01/2013 08/01/2013 MABChgs-Dec12+STax 43.26 Dr 393.26 4,122.48 TBI

Please take some action against this bank for not complying RBI standards / guidelines. And help to get back the debited amount , as there was no proper communication.

Comments

N Oct 4, 2012 by
vip1974 ICICI Bank  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Deduction of MAB charges without informing about the change
I am having a savings account with ICICI bank, Jayanagar 3rd block, Bangalore, Karnataka since last 5 years. My account no. is 005301527571.

My account has been debited by Rs. 280.90 on 03/10/12 for MAB charges for Aug-12.

I was very shocked to see deduction of minimum balance charges as I have always been maintaining minimum quarterly average balance of Rs. 10,000 in my account.Through detailed searching on the Internet I was able to find that your bank has changed the system of minimum balance from Minimum Quarterly Average Balance to Minimum Monthly Average Balance some months back. However it is very DISAPPOINTING to note that your Bank did not even bothered to inform the existing customers about this major change.

Since I was never informed about change of system of minimum balance from quarterly to monthly basis and my quarterly average balance was more than Rs. 10,000 during the period for which charges have been deducted, the charges of Rs. 280.90 wrongly deducted from my account must be credited back to my account immediately.

Since your bank has not informed me about change of balance system, hence any deduction from account for the same is totally wrong and if charges deducted are not credited back to my account then I will be left with no other option but to take this matter to higher authorities and Banking Ombudsman as this is CLEAR VIOLATION of Rule 8(1)(k) i.e. "levying of charges without adequate prior notice to the customer" of The Banking Ombudsman Scheme 2006.

Nutan Jain
N Oct 5, 2012 by
ICICI Bank Customer Care Customer Care ICICI Bank  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Hi Nutan,

We have made a note of your account number. Our official will get back to you soon to assist you.

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team
N Oct 6, 2012 by
honeydigra ICICI Bank  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Hi Nutan,

Did ICICI people call you? I also checked my ICICI bank statement and even I am having this issue.

Poonam

Dear Sanjeev,

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team.
N Feb 10, 2013 by
maheshpujari

I am having icici account sb .

05/12/2012 PrivlgMABchgs, Nov12, +ST30.9 280.90
09/01/2013 PrivlgMABchgs, Dec12, +ST21.63 196.63

And this is my demat account with sherkhan According to norms this is a zero balance account. How these guys are deducted in my account.

I am frustrated very much due to irrelevant charges. Please don't repeat this.

M pujari
N Oct 27, 2013 by
anil k upadhyay

I am having a savings account with ICICI bank, Sec-11, Panchkula, Haryana . My account no. is 004301000724.
I was regularly maintaining Quaterly Average Min balance of Rs 10, 000/- till May'13.Recently when I was checking my bank statement, it was learnt that at monthly basis MAB Chgs of Rs 393.26 being deducted since May13.

I don't have any mail informing about this MAB charges. I only knew about QAB charges. I have no information from ICICI. No call, no mail and no msg. Now that I understand that ICICI bank has not informed me about change of balance system, hence any deduction from account for the same is totally wrong and if charges deducted are not credited back to my account then I will be left with no other option but to take this matter to higher authorities and Banking Ombudsman as this is CLEAR VIOLATION of Rule 8(1)(k) i.e. "levying of charges without adequate prior notice to the customer" of The Banking Ombudsman Scheme 2006.

Anil Upadhyay
N Mar 13, 2014 by
swarna.urs

I am having a saving account with ICICI bank, Ananthapur branch, andhrapradesh since last 5 years.
My account no : 043901507816.

My account has been debited by Rs. 280.90 on 03/10/12 for MAB charges for Feb-14.

12/03/2014 MABChgs-Feb14+STax 30.9 DR INR 280.90

maintaining minimum quarterly average balance of Rs. 10, 000 in my account.Through detailed
customers about this major change.

Please take some action against this bank for not complying RBI standards / guidelines. And help to get back the debited amount, as there was no proper communication.

C Swarnalatha
N Mar 13, 2014 by
swarna.urs

My account no : 043901507816.

12/03/2014 MABChgs-Feb14+STax 30.9 DR INR 280.90

customers about this major change.

C Swarnalatha
N Apr 22, 2014 by
jobinpunathil

I have been working overseas in US for past 5 years. I have an ICICI savings account which i have opened in Powai branch Mumbai while I was in India for doing my stock trading. I have returned back to India last year. I have accidentally noticed that ICICI has been deducting an amount of Rs.390+ taxes from my account for the past 3 years! I had the minimum balance maintained in account according to the back agreements before I was leaving to US and now i have noticed that my account balance it brought down to less 1000 Rupees after all the deductions from bank. I was never notified about the deductions and its like almost 7000 deducted from account as the MAB charges till date. I have visited a nearby ICICI bank in Bangalore and they are saying they cannot do anything on this regard. I want to file a complaint against ICICI bank as Cheating consumers by deducting amount from my account without prior notices. I need the amount back or I would like to close the account for this madness.
N Apr 22, 2014 by
jobinpunathil

My ICICI account number is 002001042694
N Jul 30, 2014 by
Rohit Agarwal

i am having this same problem again and again and again...i had 14000rs this morning in my account and now its 8000..i am having this same problem everytime...kindly go into the problem and reverse my money...
acc no. 031201520939