ICICI Net Banking - Net Banking One time password never comes

sramu2005 on Aug 29, 2011
have been an ICICI bank customer over five years. Recently they have changed their net banking application where in if there is any change in the way you login (say from another country) they ask for a one time password (OTP) which is supposed to be SMSed to your registered mobile. I tried to login so many times but the SMS never comes. I tried sending SMS to the number given on the screen but it says the validity expired. I called their customer support to get help. They tried giving me the OTP on the phone still it does not allow me to login. The officer said to try after 15 minutes saying may be their system has response problem. I tried many times at different periods of the day, still the same result. I tried customer support again today still I could not login. She said the application is down and they will call me after it starts.

I sent so many complaints by email with copy to Mr. Kamath, they did not even acknowledge my email.

The other banks' software generally asks for additional security question s and if your answer matches, the login is allowed.

Why ICICI chose this complex method, God only knows. When I travel abroad, when my Indian mobile is off, I have no way of logging in.

Comments

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please send us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and we shall get in touch with you soon. Kindly refer "2188376" in the subject line.

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team
N Aug 31, 2011 by
sramu2005

I replied to care@icicibank.com and no response so far. Also, my mobile number was wrong - but the officers that attended to my complaint never pointed out to me about this. Also one of them gave me the OTP on phone three times and it never worked.

Having updated my correct mobile number now I do get the OTP by SMS. But when I try with those it gets timed out. But the ottom line is I am still unable to login.

ICICI Net Banking - Net Banking One time password never comes