Idea Cellular - Internet connection not working after MNP

anoopravi on Mar 8, 2012
I was a Tata Docomo customer. I put a request for porting my number to IDEA. The sole reason why I moved to IDEA was that the data coverage of Tata Docomo was not good.
I went to the IDEA customer relations shop and applied for the porting on 2nd March 2012.
The number was ported today morning (07-03-2012). All the services are working except the GPRS data.
I called up the IDEA customer service and they told me that the data connection will not work till the background verification is completed (which according to customer service will take 6-7 days).
I was never told about this situation by the customer service agent at IDEA whom I approached for connection. And moreover I am a consultant who relies heavily on mobile data connection
I explained my situation and told customer service agent to register a complaint to speed the verification process. She was very adamant that she cannot do anything from her side.

Since I applied for the connection 5 days back there was adequate time available for the IDEA team to complete my verification. I am in dire straits just because of the hidden terms and conditions which I as a customer will not have sufficient time to read before taking the connection and the customer agent will not explain too.

Below are my details:
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – 695002
Alternate mobile Number: 9447449697
Mobile number porting date: 07-03-12
Complaint comments 1 Comment     Updated:

Comments

N Sep 21, 2011 by
noorin9 Idea Cellular  - Ambajhari, nagpur, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India

connection not working - IDEA MOBILE

for the last 3 weeks , the mobile connection is not working properly, weak signals , improper internet surfing on mobile, i am facing great problem together will all idea users , but it was not so earlier, dispite of complaining every day no steps have been taken . SUCH A POOR SERVICE. and they are advertising, " get idea sir ji" the only option left with me is to get a new service provider

Idea Cellular - Internet connection not working after MNP