IFB Industries - Complaint on Washing machine Motor

Complainant7729120
The following is the complaint I made through IFB Home Appliances Website and it reads as follows:

I have purchased DIVA model washing machine (Product Code could be WT DIVW DV11I004222) two years back. Model number of the same being 000422 and date of purchase is 3rd Oct 2006. I have used IFB Machine earlier also which gave me 10 years of service. That forced me to purchase another IFB of above make. It is just crossed two years and already broken down three times. Recently we had a problem as the machine was absolutely not functioning. We gave a complaint to the service station. They took their own sweet time of 3 weeks to attend. After following it up repeatedly, a service person came and inspected the machine. He said that stator winding has gone and motor has to be replaced. He says that motor costs Rs 6, 300/-. It is sheer nonsense that a motor costs Rs 6, 300/- where as the complete machine cost Rs 10, 000/-. The service people are looting us and I am sure that rewinding of the motor may not cost between Rs 500 to Rs 1000. It is really shocking to see a company of IFB repute to produce the product of such inferior quality which gave many troubles within two years itself. We have taken all the precautions of overloading, stability of the machine etc and we used another machine for 10 years and we are aware of the usage. Keeping this in view, I request you to replace the motor free of cost. I am sure the cost of Ts 6, 300/- is an absurd and cheating. if my complaint is not serviced and settled properly, probably I may have to advise and advocate to all my known contacts to not to purchase IFB Machine. Hope that I receive your feedback to my above email id.

Comments

VINAY

SERVICE DEFICIENCY AND IRRESPONSIBILITY - IFB INDUSTRIES LIMITED

WE HAVE A MICROWAVE CONVENTION OVEN OF IFB. ITS IN SERVICE CONTRACT WITH IFB SINCE THE 21ST OF AUGUST 2008. IN THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER WE HAD COMPLAINED THAT THE MACHINE IS NOT WORKING WHICH WAS INJSPECTED AND THEN COLLECTED BY THEM. SINCE THEN THEY DONT PICK UP OUR CALLS OR RESPOND BACK WHEN FORCE CONTACTED. WE HOPE THE FORUM WILL TRY TO GUIDE US AND HELP US IN GETTING US COMPENSATION AND A BLACK MARK TO THE COMPANY..

Thi is a joke...IFB..Ha Ha..

Respected Sir/ Madam,
I purchased IFB washing machine on 19-06-2007, Model No. DIGITAL 5 K.g., Serial No. B-3021. Expiry date for my warrenty is 19-06-2009.It has stopped working. It shows E1, P1, E6 in turns. For past two days I have been constantly trying your numbers 1901-425-5678 and 39004321. Either none responds or it comes engaged. I am disappointled with your customer care department.
Please act ASAP.
Prof. Vibhuti Patel, Phone-022-26770227, Mobile- 09321040048.

We have purchased two washing machines WM Digital 6 KG 20063 and 19771 from your company office IFB IND. Ltd. Delhi 09-10 A-56, Okhla Industrial Area, Phase-1 New Delhi, vide Bill No. DEL/NTS/0681/09-10 dated 15.05.2009 and Bill No. DEL/NTS/0682/09-10dated 15.05.2009 of Rs. 22680/- each (Total Rs. 45360/-).
We have paid Rs. 50000/- in favor your company through a Inter SOL cheque of PNB SB a/c of Mr. R. Subramania Kumar.
At the time of delivery of washing machine at our residance it was informed the balance amount of Rs. 4640/- will be returned to us through an account payee cheque.
Till date we have not received the aforesaid amount despite our repeated reminders to your office and sales representative.
Please let us know the fate of amount not returned to us. How this amount has been appropriated in your books ? PLease arrange to return us the same.
Mikey.Arian IFB Industries  - West Delhi, Delhi, India

Digital 6Kg malfunctioning...needs to be REPLACED not repaired - IFB Industries

I had purchased an IFB Digital 6 Kg washing machine serial number 000058090703020634 on 10 Aug 2009.On 15 May 2010,due to the faulty working of the washing machine my son suffered second degree burns and scalding of both feet and right forearm and was admitted in hospital for 10 days.I was also injured in the left foot in the same accident. I registered complaint on 18/05/10. Subsequently engineers from authorised service centre checked the machine but could not find any fault.However, they changed a part related to thermostat settings.
Subsequently on 28 Aug 10,during the wash cycle of the machine the door automatically opened.I lodged complaint no. 5013797 with customer care deptt of IFB. An engineer visited again and informed that some electronic board had gone faulty and replaced it. However, the machine malfunctioned again and the door opened on its own which is a big risk. A complaint was lodged again (Complaint No. 5113158) for which the service agency sent another 'repaired' board to be replaced.However, I denied saying that since the machine is repeatedly malfunctioning, the same should be REPLACED. No action was taken. Today, i.e. 28 Sep 10, the machine malfunctioned again THRICE when the door opened on its own and thereafter the working has also stalled. I contacted IFB customer care who said that complaint number 5113158 is still open. I also tried to contact the service head of Delhi (Okhla) branch (tele no. 011-26372486), Mr Sanjay (Mobile no. 9313779796), Ms Pallavi (Mobile no. 9310101149) but was unable to get in touch with them. I contacted Ms Monika (Mobile number 9953479656) at Okhla and explained my problem to which she promised to call back but it was to no effect. All subsequent efforts to contact Ms Monika were futile as the mobile was switched off deliberately after one call got through with her.
It is evident that there is a MECHANICAL/ELECTRICAL/COMPUTER related problem with the machine which even the engineers are unable to pin-point. Also since the machine is fully automatic and has the capability to run at high temperatures up to 95 degrees Celsius (which is near boiling point of water), the fault which makes the front door open while in the wash cycle is extremely dangerous to the life and limb of my family members. I have already suffered earlier when such hot water came pouring down on my son's feet and burnt them. His scars are a VALID proof of the same.In spite of conveying the grave danger and request to change the machine, the same is falling on deaf ears and time and again I'm being coerced into accepting repairs which are not alleviating the main problem.Since the machine is under WARRANTY and has now malfunctioned SEVERAL times, I feel that the company should do the justice of replacing the same at the earliest with a new machine of the same model/make. I therefore request you to initiate necessary action in this regard.

Sincerely
JS Chhatwal
28 Sep 2010
N Jun 18, 2011 by
Meenakshi A Washing Machine  - Maharashtra, India

Cheque not yet received - Washing Machine

Dear Sir/Madam
We were contacted by M/s Godrej and Boyce to exchange our old washing macine for new washing machine. We were told that after our old wachine is checked up the amount will be refunded for the old machine. also since the old washing machine was in a contract period of eight months for service this amount will also be refunded. Application numbers are 11157 dated 14/4/2011 and 1220757 dated 18/11/2009 under THe name Meenakshi Ambasankaran. Residence telephone number is 25529019. After repeated TElephone calls to Mr Ravindaran and Mrs Sonali the amount has not been cleared. At the time of buying the new machine we were told the amount would be cleared within 15 days but has not yet been cleared.
D Oct 15, 2012 by
amit nandwana

i jagdish nandwana i perched washing machine 2006, after that i taken annual maintenance contract (digital 6kg 004624, 30-4 2012to 29-4-2013, but last two ur service center not responding us properly . 88ti10 time i complain, they not coming, last 2 month my washing machine not work, if u people can take action please do some for ur . other wise we take action.

jagdish nandwana (advocate)