Indane Gas - Domestic Cylinder - Indane gas

sardabp21 on Jul 6, 2011
I had booked Indane gas on 22nd June 2011 vide booking No.208124. My distributor for Indane gas is M/s.
Kitchen Queen. I received an SMS informing me that cash memo no.11127 dated 22-05-2011 has been generated and gas cylinder will be delivered shortly against this booking. On 5th of July 2011 delivery man of M/s. Kitchen Queen came with cylinder and a cash memo No.11127 dated 22-06-2011 for Rs.365.10 but asked me to pay Rs.415/- as the price of gas cylinder had increased. I was ready to pay the increased price but insisted on a cash memo of Rs.415/-. I can not pay any amount more than what is mentioned in the cash memo. The delivery man refused delivery and I put a note on the counterfoil that delivery is refused because I would pay the amount mentioned in the cash memo. We all know, that price of domestic gas cylinder has been raised and as such I was ready to pay the increased rate but only against a valid cash memo of increased rate and not against a cash memo of older rate. I tried to contact the dealer but there is no response as the phone is not picked up. I tried to lodge a complaint over IVRS but I receive a recorded message to dial 1800 2333 555. When I dial this number, only a busy message is received asking to dial 1256 and record voice message. This also does not work. When I tried to know the status of booking through IVRS I receive a message stating all bookings till 23rd June 2011 has been cleared by the dealer. I tried to make another booking but in vain. I have now received an SMS informing me that my booking No.208124 of 22nd June 2011 has been cancelled. THE BIG QUESTION IS "WHY SHOULD I PAY ANY AMOUNT MORE THAN THE AMOUNT MENTIONED IN THE CASH MEMO" AND "WHY THE DEALER WOULD NOT ISSUE CASH MEMO FOR INCREASED RATE WHICH I WAS READY TO PAY" AND "WHY THE BOOKING STANDS CANCELLED ?"

BIMAL PRAKASH SARDA
Complaint comments 1 Comment     Updated:

Comments

N Oct 16, 2012 by
E.M.George

I have same experience in Trivandrum-Kerala in October 2012 for a booking of August 2012.
E M George