Indian Bank - Not Give Response For Valuable Customers

kanagarethinam on Mar 24, 2012

I am KANAGARETHINAM, my account details below.

Savings Bank Account No. : 564329352

NAGAPATTINAM 614810
IFSCode :IDIB000V010
MICR Code : 614019011
CIF No. :264337068

I am facing many inconveniences with my branch. I have listed few of them below,

1. When I waiting on queue to do any transaction (like deposit, withdrawal, passbook entry), the banking officials giving priority to some people(they may be VIP customers) who was not waited in queue.

2. When I trying to put Demand Drafts for collection, they have kept the cheque aside on anybody's table for longtime till to get remainder from me.

3. I found that minimum account balance required to open Net banking is Rs.500(Rupees Five Hundred only) from Bank’s website. But my bank’s Senior Manager says that minimum account balance must be Rs. 5000 (Rupees Five Thousand only). For this reason I am unable to open Net banking even I am having account for the past 8 years.

I want to know why the bank’s officials handling their customers badly like this? If I go to Senior Manager to make complaint, he trying to compromise me. As a customer, don't I have rights make complaints like this?

I am an educational person to ask about my customer rights with the bank. But many of the account holders of this branch are uneducated persons (farmer, fishermen, etc). How they can able to manage problems like this? I didn't make any complaints regarding the above terms till today.

But, now I wish to make complaint about a special kind. I am working in Chennai, Tamilnadu. When I am in chennai, my father made passbook entry for my account on 14.03.2012. On that entry he found a larger amount as my account balance, then told me to check myaccount balance, use that amount if I need. I went to my nearest ATM and checked it. My account doesn’t have that account balance which my father told.

For this reason, I went to my hometown (Kodiyakkarai) on last saturday (17.03.2012). I have checked my passbook entry. I found some overwritten printings on it. It means, the banking official put entry on a page which has been printed already.
I am unable to take this problem as easy. I went to my branch and asked the branch's Senior Manager about the overwritten entry on my pass book .He told AS USUAL that I will cross this wrong entry and put new entry on a new page, he tried to compromise me. I told him that I didn't come here to correct this mistake, I want to know HOW,WHY this may happen in a fully computerized bank which have well qualified officials. I told him that I will make complaint about this branch. He doesn’t bother my talk. He did not give proper respect to me. Then our conversation continued around 15mins. Finally he told that, "You may go anywhere, make complaint with anybody, etc".

I am not an Indian citizen, bank customer, educational person if I didn’t proceed further after his words like this.

Witnesses I have:

1. My elder brother who was with me during my conversation with the bank Senior Manager.
2. Recorded Audio file of our conversation(on 17.03.2012).
3. Wrongly printed passbook