Indian Postal Department - Delay in attending to MIS interest withdrawal

Complainant6777208
I had gone to withdraw interest from my MIS account at Ulhasnagar-2 post office the lady at the counter flatly refused to accept the withdrrawal application for intetest., telling that the interest is for six months and lot of time and effort will be required. and asked me to come on anohter day and come early. After much persuation she agreed to attend one passbook out of four. I had made complIN TO postal deptt. a month ago. My complaint No. is 100000-13953, which is till date pending. My question is is there any rule which prevents a customer to withdraw interest once in six months. And attitude of postal department employees tolwards public at large. Is the public at the mercy of Postal Employees.
Complaint comments 1 Comment     Updated:

Comments

18.02.09

To,
General Manager
Post office, Mumbai,

Through: - Post master Nandurbar,

Sub: - Malfunctioning during transit

Receipt a packet through your postman on date 16.02.09 that was completely intact condition. This packed was sent on 10.02.09 from Mayo post office Ajmer and sender Mr. Navin kumar sinha was sent the dress material for my family. I became surprise when open this packet one T shirt, one set of salwar kameez and one set of dress material of six month kid were not in packet .All the product was manufactured by branded company. Thief has compensated the packet weight by adding three newly addition magazine & some old clothes. This magazine is very uncommon (Steel insight, volume III, issue III 10Feb 09 Kolkatta) and it is not possible to get locally. Such magazine is distributed to end user through post office and they have taken from there. Definitely this magazine has been delivered as short supply to customer and shortage has come in your notice. Complete circumstances indicate that material has been misplaced during transit. Lost material cost is around Rs 3000.

I lodge my complaint against the stolen material and demand the compensation from postal department for your carelessness. I believe, such incident is sufficient for losing customer confidence from your organisation.

I hope you will take up this issue as on priority and try to find out that person who is defaming your organisation name.

Sanjiv kumar