Indian Railway - 139 service

Consumer Complaints
It is not possible now to obtain information of arrival/departure of trains at Kottayam railway station using the 139 IVRS system provided by the railways. The STD code for Kottayam (0481) is listed as INVALID INPUT.

Comments

N May 25, 2011 by
raviroadlines Indian Railways  - Nagpur, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India

139 consumer service - Indian Railways

Dear Sir ,

As soon as we call to 139 customer care we ask about some inqury they transfer the call again to the main menu else use a bad language and do no respond well

pls Take necessary action ur indulgence in the matter willl be highly soliciated.
N Jul 21, 2013 by
ramgayatri

RAILWAYS - The worst ever service the people get. My parents are travelling from Chennai to Bhopal. The train routes are diverted. Its already 10.00pm my parents have not reached Bhopal.I tried checking the train running information in indianrail.gov, but no clue why the page is not displaying. As it was getting late I called 139 - helpline number ... but none of the agents where interested in helping me ... one agent did pick the call and said the train is late by 9 hrs and continued saying what ever he wanted to say and disconnected the call. so I tried once again... I called ...they did picked the call and never answered the call for some ... may be they were busy chit chating ... third call ... this time I ensured I take the name of the agent .. the voice said sunil...he gave me the information just that the train will reach at 12.25 and hung the call...

we are well educated and know how to deal this issue so do my parents... but what if the same treatment is given to other passages ... who are old ... illiterate, blind ... very poor treatment. No body IN THE STATION OR THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM HAVE THE INFORMATION STATING WHICH ROUTE THE TRAIN WILL GO ...I DONT KNOW WHOME TO COMPLAINT IN THE WEBSITE ... THERE IS NO OPTION TO PLACING A COMPLAINT ...I WANT TO COMPLAINT ABT THIS TO THE HIGHER AUTHORITIES.

The board in the station just says ... trains diverted, bt from where ... none have an idea.

Gayatri R