Indian Railway - Auto cancellation of W/L e-ticket

Rajesh Singh

This is really surprising policy of indian railway where the the wait-list e -ticket will be automatically cancelled after chart preparation. At the last moment when you are hoping for best, if the odds are against you...you might be without ticket in minutes. When e-ticket facility is given for passenger easiness and make them comfortable with the use of latest technology, Lot of us are suffering bad side of this. Thanks to Indian railway. I strongly feel this policy should change, and an alternative solution has to be provided. Because suppose we are getting W/L 10 by internet booking, we are hoping it will get confirmed after chart preparation...but surprised to see if it not confirmed we are without ticket as ticket is automatically cancelled.

I urge INDIAN RAILWAY to please consider this policy and change it soon by using latest and managed softwares for people who don't have other choice rather that travelling on same day at any condition.

An Indian(9850895022)

Comments

very much late preparation of chart - chart preparation

We have booked the ticket in train no 6732 ( from mysore to tuticorin) 0n 20th Aug 2010. Ours ticket status is in waiting list. train time is at 6:00 PM. but the chart is not prepared until 5:45 PM. Tell us how come people can see the alternative for their travel with this less time of notification. Please make comfort for the passengers in all aspects.
I hope the concern dept will take the necessary action on this.

Prithivi.

not satisfied with your policies. - Indian Railways

pragnet women facing problem by travelling in train. can raliway athority allowed tmem to travel in handicap compartment. so they at list stand there safely. because there is so much rush in moring & evening time to go inside in fist class & second class women compartment.

TRAIN CANCEL BUT NOT REFUND AMOUNT ALREADY GONE 7 MONTH - Indian Railways

I had booked the railway through online. PNR no : 6340849030 Date of journy 27/04/2010, but train is cencel. i had generate the TDR file on 28/04/2010. Till date under process. many time i call the customer care and also send the email. but no fadeback. and not received my amount.
N Jan 9, 2011 by
luttapy

This method is good.. I agree.. But irctc should show the status of the ticket as "cancelled" to avoid the confusion.. What say??
N Jan 25, 2011 by
sahasranand Indian Railway  - Nagpur, Maharashtra, India

CANCELLATION - Indian Railway

I had booked my eticket from Nagpur to Thane by Vidarbha Exp date of journey 21-12-2010,and by connecting training from Thane to Karmali ON 22-12-2010 by Mandovi express
(PNR NO.8535701553). Vidarbha exp was scheduled to reach Thane at 0600 hrs and I was to get Mandovi exp at Thane at 0745hrs. But because Vidarbha exp reqached Thane 4.30 hrs late, I could not get my connecting train Mandovi exp. I approached to station master Thane to get the remark on my e-ticket for late arrival of Vidarbha exp. at Thane by 4.30 hrs., he told me that since mine was e-ticket he could not help me out and while my sone tried to cancel my Thane-Karmali on internet, he was getting the message continously that chart is prepared. Under these circumstances I could not cancell my ticket and had to bare a loss of ticket cost.
Through this I would like to know whether is it possible to get back the amount of ticket and if it is so kindly inform the procedure.
Regards.
A.S.Sahasrabudhe
244,Ramnagar,Nagpur
9423885629.
D Jan 26, 2011 by
bkkumar56

As per rule the W/L passenger ( if after preparation of Chart) should not enter the train. Let us follow the rule to avoid inconvenience to all other passengers.
N Jan 27, 2011 by
chandu567 Indian Railway  - Andhra Pradesh, India

chart preparation - railway ticket status

if we book for any train ticket from Kakinada (Local travels) ticket is getting confirmed but if we book the ticket before one month and suppose status RAC at that time also not confporming.
N Mar 8, 2011 by
B G Sharma Indian Railways  - Vadodara, Gujarat, India

not taking e ticket booking online - Indian Railways

I am having irctc e tkt booking registrstion

every time i attempt to book i get as wrong passwordor id

I think is has got due to my laptop virus

My tickets are lieing in registation pl haelp me to

correct my id babulalgsh
N Mar 31, 2011 by
nitincg Indian Railway  - Surat, Gujarat, India

auto cancellation of e-ticket - Indian Railway

w8ing list e-ticket should not be cancelled automatically. if some body dont want to journey he have to cancelled his ticket like i-ticket. there is no difference between e-ticket & i-ticket. only & only a small difference is printouts. if we are ready to take w8ing list ticket bcos of some urgency then why indianrailway has cancelled it. if they cancelled e-ticket then they have to also cancelled w8ing i-ticket.
indianrailway have to think about this matter seriously.
N Apr 7, 2011 by
rupalibhatt

CAN I PERFORM MY JOURNEY WITH WAIT LISTED TICKET ALONG WITH MY OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS HAVING CONFIRMED TICKETS
N Apr 18, 2011 by
snowgirl

my ticket has been waitlisted W/L 20 .how to know whether that e.ticket is automatically cancelled..it is showing as delivered in bokked history..pls help..
N Apr 27, 2011 by
jitendar sharma Indian Railway  - Pondicherry, Puducherry, India

realed e-ticket - Indian Railway

hello sir i am j.sharma frm pondicherry. i have book my friend ticket through the online e-ticket, from CHENNAI to JAIPUR on date 26-04-2011. this ticket get cancelled without my knwoledge. And ttr charged fine over the my friend wthout ticket journey. how its possible? i want rights.?

TICKET DETAILS: PNR NO:4540954070

TRAIN NAME CHENNAIJAIPUR EXP. TRAIN NO;12967
NAME : RAJURAM AGE -24 MALE
N May 8, 2011 by
singhvibhuti

till date i have not received the refund amount.

regards,

Vibhuti
N May 9, 2011 by
sujjai Railways  - Tondiarpet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

unable cancel tickets - Railways

dear sir
sir unble to cancle my tickets teriminal id INMAA03900039Q PNR NUMBER 4540980314 PLESE CANCLE THIS TICKETS
D May 25, 2011 by
ravimitra14

Please let me know the Lower birth Quota catergory of person as i have read in one document it is possilbe for pregnant lady and above 45 age lady but when i wnet to reservation counter along with the medical certificate of pregnancy then railway person deny to give reservation for preganat lady and said its for only above 45 age lady .
Please let me know in Indain Railway has some provision for pregnant lady as they must be travel in lower birth only .
N May 30, 2011 by
mailtosourav10 Indian Railway  - North Delhi, Delhi, India

wrongly adjustment of waitlisted ticket - Indian Railway

i have booked my ticket on 29/5/11 for 30/5/11 from irctc. and my ticket status was wait list 6 at the time of booking. But after the prepration of reservation chat its come up from wait list 6 to wait list 10. how is it possible? that wait list comes up.my pnr number is2421642342 and contact number is 9471176626 and email id is mailtosourav10@gmail.com
N Jun 11, 2011 by
PERLA Indian Railways  - Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

NON PROVIDING CONFIRMED SEAT IN AC - Indian Railways

I HAVE BOOKED MY TRAIN TICKET VIDE PNR NO.854-3185293 ON 20.5.2011 FOR TRAIN NO.12170 DATED 11.6.2011 FROM SOLAPUR TO DADAR IN AC CHAIR CAR VIDE COACH NO.C-1 WITH SEAT NO.66,67,68, AND ACCORDINGLY WIFE WIFE ALONGWITH 2 DAUGHTERS AND 1 SON BOARDED THE AC CHAIR CAR FROM SOLAPUR STATION AND WERE ALLOTTED SEAT , BUT AT PUNE STATION TICKET COLLECTOR CAME IN COACH AND DIRECTED THEM TO VACATE THE SEAT AS SAME WAS BOOKED IN SOME OTHER PASSENGER NAME FROM PUNE TO MUMBAI. WITH OUT ANY ALTERNATIVE SHE HAS TO GET DOWN FROM THE TRAIN AND CATCH A BUS FROM PUNE TO MUMBAI. AND SAME THING HAPPENED ON OTHER TICKET VIDE PNR NO.854-3214782 DATED 31.5.2011 AND I HAVE LODGED COMPLAINT EARLIER AND THIS IS SECOND TIME .WHEN RAILWAYS HAVE SOPHISTICATD CENTRALISED RESERVATION SYSTEM THEN HOW SUCH THINGS HAPPEN. DUE TO DEFICIENCY AND NEGLIGENCE OF RAILWAYS PASSENGER ARE PUT TO LOT OF INCONVENIENCE AND MENTAL HARRASSMENT . I PRAY FOR ADEQUATE MONETARY COMPENSATION AND REFUND OF TICKET CHARGES ALONGWITH CHARGES FOR TRAVELLING FROM PUNE TO MUMBAI VIA BUS ROUTE.
N Jun 23, 2011 by
dkv49

Please refund my money - Indian Railway

I was want to book an e-ticket ,but due to some error transaction failed. My money was transfered and I did't get e-ticket. So please refund my money in my acount . Details are below

Train no. - 14114
Train name - Link express
From station Najibabad to Etawah
date of Transaction fail - 22 june 2011
Date of booking - 22 June 2011
Class - Second class Sleeper
Totle fare - Rs 207
status(settlement requested) and reservation status(not booked)........the transation failure occured on 22 june 2011 on i ticketing....so plz give some suggestion on this regard how could i recover money
bank- indian bank
A Sep 5, 2011 by
srindhi

Auto cancellation is really good... Everyone knows after chart preparation we ll get our tiket is conformed r not...if it is conformed well, no need to cancel a tiket..if it is not cnfd god grace amount should be salf..they ll cancel automatically(but we dnt have to other alternativr to go)...so my sugession is intimate chart preparation two times of each journey...i.e, intimate before 12 hours prepared on chart i.e like final chart...and after that dnt cancel waiting list the tikets...again spot cancellation will be there after chart preparation(bcz its 12 hours bfr right)..so more than 10 wl people will search other alternative having time also...after 10wl ppl may be they will get tikets...then finally cancel the tikets automatically...
N Oct 21, 2011 by
balavalar Railway Online Booking  - Tamil Nadu, India

cancel Ticket - Railway Online Booking

I Booked Train Tickets with details as below.
Transaction ID 0406771202, 0406749287 on 21.10.2011 for Rs.841+ Rs.841(Two Tickets) The Payment was made through my debit card, Indian Bank

Indian Railway - Auto cancellation of W/L e-ticket