Indian Railways - Theft of Gold Ornaments

G.K.Mukherjee
Gold ornaments to the tune of Rs. 2, 00, 000 Approx. (Rupees Two Lakhs) have been stolen from my suit case as I had gone to Mumbai for celebrate Durga Pooja. I boarded the train at Panvel (Navi Mumbai) in Sampark Kranti Express (Train No. 2653) vide PNR No. 426-5040690 for New Delhi. Probably this theft might have taken within Nizamuddin and New Delhi Railway station as three-four persons entered in the compartment at Nizamuddin Railway Station and they asked that the train will stop for two minutes and keep your luggage ready at the Gate. They encircled my wife and mother-in-law. No other valuable is found to have been stolen except the gold ornaments.
Therefore I have lodge my complaint to Police Station: Railway Station, New Delhi under IPC Act 1860
I hope somebody will be able to bring this control and the staff who are involved are brought to task

011-23212417
Minto Road, New Delhi

Comments

011-23212417
Minto Road, New Delhi

This is very unfortunate and these type of incident occours in Indian trains frequently.

Indian railways will be the world longest and fantastic deparments..

We have gone through the same experiance . While travelling from Mumbai to Darbhanha on 9.7.09 in two tier A.c., there were only two of my family members upto Manmad. Gold worth Rs. 1.5 lac is stolen from briefcae & no other articles were stolen. we suspect the Pantry staaf.
rajan_dhir812 Indian Railways  - Chandigarh, Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India

Theft of Gold Chain - Rajan Dhir

Dear Sir / Mam

I was travelling in Mumbai for Training purposes, from 15/08/2010, On 29/08/2010, i had went from Kharghar to Kurla to meet my friend. Late evening, at around 06 pm while returning from Kurla Railway Station, 3-4 persons trapped me and snatched my Gold Chain worth Rs 35,000/- and got disappeared. I consulted one of the Police staff on duty at Kharghar, who told me that he can't help me out as i need to go to Kurla again to lodge a complaint.

I being into service and new in Mumbai, could not afford to go again to lodge a complaint.

Now what should i do?

Myself, Rajan Dhir, from Chandigarh had come to Mumbai on 15th August 2010, for Training purposes to newly joined Co., when my Gold Chain was snatched from Kurla Railway Station, worth Rs 35, 000/-, when i boarded on train on 29th August 2010, at 06.10 pm, from Kurla Station to Kharghar Station. Three Four persons trapped me, in a way that 2 of the persons pushed me from back, and one of them snatched the chain and got disappeared.
Consulted the police officials, but in vain. Was a very bitter kind of experince in Local trains.
I think Police is not in proper action to put a control on such mishaps.

Rajan Dhir