indica vista quadrajet-TATA MOTOR - CLUTCH PROBLEM

pravin hiralal avhad
Dear all,
i m very sad to say that i purchased a very wrong car that is indica vista quaterjet, from sirst day i am facing a problem.
Yesterday during gear change operation literly clutch was stuck cant come back, and when i was shown to tata authorised guarage in malegaon, but they are also fail to find out the roor cause
can any one help me ??????????? plz

Comments

Pravin you took a very wrong decision like me to buy this car. A lot of unresolvable problems are there in vista:
>Intermittent loss of speed while driving at higher speed more than 100.
>front suspenson making crunching noise
>hydrolic pump of steering make noise while try to take full turn
my car was with service centre for more than 25 days for the loss of speed problem but they are still puzzled and helpless.
rajesh

i totally agree with akhilesh that i also have the same problem of intermittent loss of speed .i showed the vehicle to the tata staff and they are yet to fix the problem.also the clutch has become so tight from 10, 000 kms onwards.so if somebody have any solution to my problem please let me know.
pacific

I also faced same problem with my Vista - Quadrajet.They have changed sleek cylinder first but the problem
was not resolved. So now main cylinder is changed . Now the problem of clutch pedal getting stuck seems to be fixed (i have driven the car only once though after issue resolution). But the some time clutch pedal seems to be very smooth and i couldnt shift the gear at all. So the problem is not fully resolved.

Can you please tell what was the resolution of your problem.

regards
prashant

Hi guys, I am still facing same speed loss problem. almost all parts replaced except engine. Any clue?

I also placed same problems... Cluctch very tight, and official service advisers agree that its usual problem of Indica Vista Quadrajet. Remember one thing Fiat and Maruti also using same engine. Those cars and companies are top with same engine. Tatamotors continue there poor performance... Very Shame Mr. Ratan Tata... Very Shame...

By Aitha Suresh
N Jun 22, 2011 by
sureshbabudv

Hi All,

I too agree with all, I brought my Vista Quadrajet july 2010 at the I felt the Clutch was hard I Informed the same to Concord Motors said after 5000 kms it will get smooth even after while service they put some lubricants it will be ok, but it is not if I can rn the car more than 2hrs continuslly it got very tight so at finally they changed clutch plate 10000 kms service even after I felt the same I was complaining the same for the feed back, so it was continueing the same issue after 15000 kms unable to peddle it got very hard again they changed the clutch plate this time I am having pecular While slow drive the clutch will smooth and after 2-3hrs this will get hard, for this call even Tata technical seen the issue ask me to run it some kms till 20000kms they wanted to see 3rd service. apart from minor issues. Engine performance is amaging no doubt.

tata has to come better quality...,

Thnks
Suresh
D Jun 27, 2011 by
ujjalranjan

ok friends why u all r facing such problems, i too have same car but i dot'n have such problem. but tata motor's authorized center seen that a very few people r using the advised engine oil in there cars. and they face such problems.
N Jun 27, 2011 by
ujjalranjan

the people who don't use tata authorized engine oil and gear oil they face many problems in there cars
A Jul 6, 2011 by
srajm8891

i also have the same compliant . they have changed the clutch cylinder now it's smooth and no compliants
N Jul 6, 2011 by
srajm8891

hey change the clutch cylinder
A Feb 17, 2012 by
roymemo007

Tata's car are completed with SO mani problems ...don't forget that it is an Indian products. I have also indica v2 diesel(dlx), don't ask me friend about the problem..1.proper service center(nil).2.good workers, or intelligent workers(nil).3.top speed 80ph(unsolved).4.big noise and vibration.5.door jam.6.when i first start the car early in the morning and move forward and shift the gear 1st to 2nd gear that time my car make a sound from its gear box just like(gazzzzzzz).7.After run 7-9km, if i stop the engine and going to start it again without press the clutch it makes a noise just like (khuuu khhhuuuuuuuu khhuuuussss), and my car show me that the battery is low.Without this it has SO many problem what i can't explain...so my decision about tata motors--"Take your own risk when u want 2 buy a brand new tata car...ok buy friend".
N Aug 16, 2012 by
dr jamaludeen

i hav lot of problems too.
A Sep 27, 2012 by
azherking

i had and still having tight clutch pedal due to which my left knee pains very much. it is so bad that i cannot run as it hurts very much. to rectify i gave to tata tafe-chennai for repair and after a huge bill still the problem is not rectified. i am fedup. i still have this car but have taken maruti astar automatic for sake of my left knee.
A Nov 24, 2012 by
drsachida

I have also a Tata vista Quaterjet Car of July 2010. It has done 41000 kms. There is no problem in it.. For hours I have driven it on a speed of more than 100 KMPH.Even today it is as good as new. The only thing I do I don't give my car to any other person to drive, I never overload it. I always go to authorized workshop of Tata motors for periodic servicing. Really, it is a good car. I am very happy from its performance.

Dr.S.Jha
Lucknow
D Nov 25, 2012 by
SUNIL K RAI

I brought my Vista Quadrajet October 2010. I also faced same problem second time with my Vista(AURA) - Quadrajet.They have changed sleek cylinder first but the problem was not resolved.
I Informed the same to SRINATHJI MOTORS said after 5000 kms it will get smooth even after while service they put some lubricants it will be ok, but it is not.Engine performance is amaging no doubt.
so if somebody have any solution to my problem please let me know.

SUNIL KUMAR RAI
Sahibabbad (GHAZIABAD)
D Dec 28, 2012 by
ravikumar . n

Dear Sunil Kumar Rai,
To day morning, after two years with around running of 29, 000 Kms. my Indica Vista (Aura) faced the same problem of clutch not returning. Since I got fed up with the authorised dealer here in Vellore Town, Tamil Nadu I went for a local mechanic of my fiend and he identified that the clutch plate and the assembly should be completely changed, since it got stuck. I am in the process. What to do we have bought such a kind of vehicle and we have to face the problem.

N.Ravi Kumar,
Vellore (Tamil Nadu)
N Jun 30, 2014 by
Austin Benjamin

I have a Indica Vista D90 Q Jet 2011, after running for 41000 Kms today suddenly the Clutch peddle got stuck and is not returning. The service person of TATA came and inspected it and informed that Clutch Piston has failed. ???????? After always servicing on time and only in Tata authorized service station, why do we have to have such problems. I still don't know what TATA Motors is trying to do.
I was trying to get into the groove of stay Indian Buy Indian... But I think it is always better to stick with Maruti or Hundai. Now lets see what's the real damage (Cost of repair). will keep posting.
N Dec 18, 2014 by
Suja Nair

I have quadrajet Vista its performance is very super, Now it is 3 year with me, no problem and less expensive, I covered 40, 000 Km. I have only one sujetion those people who blaming tata they are not owned the tata's car and they are having match box car of scrap maruti.
before vista i had a maruti scrap...i sold it for ever.
N Dec 20, 2014 by
crkrish78

It seems to be that clutch pedal stuck up is the common problem in Tata vista cars, it has happened to my car in 19000 kms, TATA should fix this problem, else it discourage it's customers-
radhakrishna c