IndiGo Airlines - Cancellation charges

Nidheen
Sir - I booked a ticket for 2 from HYD to BLR for the journey dated 13th March 2009, by Indigo.

I made the booking on 5th March 2009. However due to some reason i wanted t cancel pr postpone the ticket.
I was told by Indigo officials that i would be charged Rs 750/- per person for cancellation or postponement(also the difference in amount will charged which is understandable).
I can't understand why would they charge me Rs 750/- per person for cancellation/postponement.
When i asked the same to Anand/Aslin from INDIGO customer care(11 Mar 2009 1:00 pm) about the same i was told that it is a penalty for cancellation.
I think i deserve a better explanation as i am the one who is bearing the brunt from the flight company for having booked a ticket here.

I would like to book a complaint regarding the same. I think these flight companies are leaving the customers high & dry with no options at all.

Please help.
MY contact no: is 9959801116.

Comments

No cash back after cancellation of air tickets which were booked through credit card - air tickets cancellation

Last month I booked Two air tickets one in Kingfisher airlines another in Indigo airlines through my credit card ,but I cancelled those tickets .But I don't get that cash back in my last months'credit bill,nothing had been mentioned there about that.

Sir, I have booked Two tickets from Pune to Bangalore on 28.04.09. Due to some avoidable circumstances I am forced to cancel my tickets. I am told that i will be charged rs 750/ per ticket as cancellation charges and the remaining money will go to my credit and not be refunded in cash. This is very unreasonable.
Charging such heavy amount for cancellation and not refunding the difference in cash is harassment to customers.
The company should review their policy and refund the amunt with minimum charges.
Please act quickly.
My contact no is 9822592576.

I want to postponet my ticket in regarding this suject .plz tell me how can i do this
Thanku
Arun

You can have your cash back.

There is a directive from DGCA-Directorate General of Civil Aviation which, apart from many other things, state the following:

1. In Case of cancellation, the amount has to be refunded to the customer credit card(in case of Credit Card Payment) or by Cash in case of cash transaction during booking. They can not simply create a Credit Shell like that.

2. The airlines have to refund all the taxes or fees and only Base Fare can be deducted. So, if the Base Fare is Rs.500/- and the total amount of ticket is Rs.3000/-, then Rs. 2500/- have to be refunded to the passenger.

You may have a look at this directive at

You can still claim for your money. I can help you on this. But you have to contact the airlines and raise a complaint and do mention that you know about this directive.

sirmadam im syed wahab uddin, i had cancelled my air ticket which was booked for calcutta on 19 september 2009 so i dint refunded the of cancellation till now.i request to refund my amount as soon as possible, because its very urgent

I have a ticket for kol-patna-kol for today ie 8th of October 2009. Since 7.30 am today i have been trying to get in touch with your customer care but to my dismay the lines are engaged for the past 2 and half hours. result i am unable to cancel my tickets. I finally at 8.05 today ie 08.10.2009 left a message with your executive at the calcutta airport on this number03325112362who was kind enough to hear me and record my complaint and request for cancellation. However she refused to give me her name and reference number for my request. I am still trying to get in touch with your customer care at 09910383838 and tollfree number 18001803838. Pl help to cancel the tickets. Otherwise, i shall have to take recourse to legal measures to get my refund from the consumer court. My pnr no is Q5D2AN, FLIGHT NO 6E341 AND 6E342 FOR THE SECTOR KOL-PATNA-KOL.

REQUEST TO CANCEL THE TICKETS IMMEDIATELY. I AM A CORPORATE PASSENGER WORKING FOR ONGC.

REGS

MRS SS BARAH
PH NO : 9432020320.

clubbing of 2 flights and preponing resulted in missing the flight - Kingfisher Airlines

I have already lodged the complaint with this forum about a week back.I want to know the procedure.How do we go about?How do you book the people responsible?
Please let me know.

flight cancelled by Airline after booking - Go Air

Dear Sir

I had booked a go Air ticket Delhi to mumbai on 30th. March 2010. through Cleartrip.com. Trip ID 1003047118 Date of issue 08:58 PM, March 04, 2010. Now I received a SMS from Go air saying the flight cancelled and if I do not call their call no, then they would autometically refund my money.

When a consumer cancels a ticket, cleartrip charges Rs.250 as cancellation, and Go air charges about Rs.750. but when the Airline cancels the ticket, dont they have to offer compensation to consumer. I lost on time and have to pay excess fare on the flights available now. So cant I hold the company responsible for it. kindly advice
A Jan 17, 2011 by
subodh_nitw

I agree with you. This is wrong way of robbbing the passengers as they wont be having any choice at that moment.

The government should take some strignent actions against these things.

They can charge a minimal amount of Rs 200 or Rs 300 but Rs 750 is really a ridiculous demand.

The only reason I could understand is that if they wouldn't keep a higher cancellation charge, people would go on booking tickets in unplanned way condisering the lesser cancellation charge and at the end the airlines will lose money.

But still i feel there should be some customer friendly solution for this.

Subodh Kumar
subodh.nitw@gmail.com
N Jun 13, 2011 by
ay7414

Indigo Cancellation rules:

Once a booking is made, the basic fare and all IndiGo surcharges paid are refundable, subject to change or cancellation rules. If you do not check in for a flight at least 45 minutes prior to its scheduled departure time, you will forfeit this total amount. You are, however, entitled to a refund of the Government of India PSF amount and the UDF if applicable.

However, IndiGo allows cancellations or changes to be made subject to the following:

•Changes/Cancellations to booking must be made at least two hours prior to scheduled departure time in the booking.

•IndiGo charges a fee of Rs. 750 per passenger per sector for making changes/cancellations. This fee will be deducted from the total clubbed amount of the basic fare and IndiGo surcharges, and the remainder is refundable to you (in the case of cancellation) or is applied to your changed booking (in the case of a change).

•IndiGo does not allow name changes to a booking already made.

In the case of changes to a booking already made, the residual amount (i.e., after the deduction of the Rs 750 per passenger per sector fee mentioned above) will be applied to the changed itinerary. Changes to the itinerary will be made at prevailing prices at the time of the change. If the residual amount is less than the price of the changed itinerary, the customer will be required to pay the difference.
In the case of a changed itinerary where the residual amount is greater than the price of the new itinerary, or in the case of a cancellation of a booking already made, a Customer will receive the balance amount (i.e., after the deduction of the Rs 750 per passenger per sector fee mentioned above and the cost of the new itinerary, if applicable)as a refund or, at the option of the Customer, credit in the Customer's name, which can be used for future travel on IndiGo for up to "one year" from the date of the cancellation.

In case the customer desires, refunds against the residual value after deduction of the applicable fee, will be made available as per the following:

•For bookings made through credit cards, the refund will be processed back to the credit card.
•For bookings made through travel agents or online travel portals, the refund may be claimed from the respective travel agents/ portals.
•For bookings made by cash at the airport, the refund will be processed at the respective airport.

Please note that IndiGo bookings are not transferable. If someone other than the customer entitled to be carried thereunder attempts to travel, or to obtain a credit or a refund in connection therewith, IndiGo shall not be liable to the customer so entitled if in good faith it provides carriage or makes a refund to the said person.
N Nov 8, 2011 by
sanjeevkhosla IndiGo Airlines  - Nawanshahr, Nawanshahr, Punjab, India

fairer charging policy - INDIGO AIRLINES

dear sir,
i booked round tickets from del-kolkatta for 24 dec ,2011 return on 30 dec 2011 & booked on 28/10/2011 online with fare 15836/-.my booking reference is AJLLEQ .to my great surprise,i checked today with changed outgoing flight,fare is 12836/-.how can it be so?it means booking at earlier date is wrong.you can not charge more on booking earlier.their is need to refund this extra charge
D Dec 3, 2011 by
electrosam

All low cost airlines charge rescheduling or cancellation charge. It is a source to make money. It is clearly specified in booking terms so you can't complaint that they charged 750 INR. If you want free rescheduling or cancellation, book on an expensive airline where they already charge everything in base fare.
N Jul 4, 2012 by
ruckhemka

i have cancelled my indigo ticket 1 month back!! but i didnot get my money back till now
D Dec 4, 2012 by
himangshu dhar

I cancelled my wife Mrs Sumana Dhar Indigo fight ticket on the 14th September 2010 vide Indigo Cancellation advice Number G7BPCI and after cancellation charge Rs.750/- they advised me that the total credit is Rs.1889/- but till date I have not received the refund. Since the amount is debited from my account through INB, why they are are not crediting back the amount to my account instead of putting stipulations that the amount can be used to purchase future flights with Indigo and that should be availed within 365 days. They also not advised how it can be adjusted while booking on line ticket in their web site. It is more than 2 years I have send several compaints to them but there is no response nor I get the refund. Can you just help us in getting refund of the amount. Kindly also take up the isssue why they are not crediting the refunded amount to the account or the credit card from whre fund is paid while buying the ticket. H.K. Dhar mail address : himangshu.dhar@ymail.com mobile no 09435140005
N Jul 19, 2013 by
Boban George

I've booked a ticket for my daughter from Trivandrum to Dubai. But due to personal reasons, the date postponed twice. At first they charged Rs. 1850/- as penalty and I paid the same along with the difference in fair. second time they charged me Rs. 3700/- I never cancelled the ticket but only changed the date. It is a kind of robbing to charge two fold of cancellation fee for a date change. Government has to take steps to stop this kind of robbery.
N Aug 9, 2013 by
harindranathan

Do preponement of a ticket also attract penalty charges ?
I wanted to travel one day early with the ticket already purchased.
How much extra I may have to pay for preponement of travel for a day?
N Apr 11, 2014 by
geddada14

I have booked One ticket from Pune to Hyderabad on 14.04.2014. Due to some avoidable circumstances I am forced to cancel my tickets. I am told that i will be charged Rs. 750/ per ticket as cancellation charges and the remaining money will go to my credit. I cancelled my ticket on 10-4-2014 and it charged Rs. 2000/- per ticket. This is very unreasonable.
Charging such heavy amount for cancellation is harassment to customers.
The company should review their policy and refund the amount t with minimum charges.
Please act quickly.
Dr. Ratnam
My contact no is 9848373238.

IndiGo Airlines - Cancellation charges