Infibeam.com - defective product

Rajib Lochan Gogoi on May 25, 2012
My name is Mr. Rajib L. Gogoi and I purchased a Karbonn A1 mobile handset online from www.infibeam.com website. Order No. # 8828207 dated 04/05/2012 for Rs: 4076 paid them at the time of delivery. Vide Invoice no. DT-120505-436-0015, the product (IMEI No: 911123200167805) was delivered to me on 16/05/2012. After using 3 to 4 days, the handset had a speaker problem so I went to a Karbonn service center for further assistance.

After visiting the Service Center at M/s Ganapati Associates, S.S. Road, Lakhtokia, Guwahati, they told me that the handset has a ringer problem and Karbonn has not supplied the spare parts yet after giving several orders given by them. Although they told me to wait for another 15-20 days and they assured to contact me.

Please refer to the invoice provided by infibeam.com for the purchase of the product below.

Now, my question firstly is to the seller: www.infibeam.com that why are they selling such a defective product to the customers.
Secondly to the manufacturer of the handset Karbonn Mobiles as why are they selling such a product into the market for which they cannot provide basic repairing service.

Also to emphasize the fact is there no regulatory body which controls the sale of defective products in to the market through online, allowing the sellers to cheat the end customers by selling the defective products.

I would also like to make a point clear that a brand like Karbonn is selling a product in the market to customer, with a promise of service warranty. However, when the customer approaches its service center for service it is not well equipped with adequate spares and technicians. How could a brand like Karbonn sell a product and doesn't provide the essential spares to its service centers?

Rajib L. Gogoi