IRCTC - Problem with the irctc-boarding point page

Rupesh Kumar Shukla
There is problem with the page where it asks for the boarding point. For the passengers who are getting reservation in tatkal scheme have a problem with the boarding date. It only specifies the date of journey. The boarding date only comes after the ticket booking is done and payment is made which surprises many of them with the boarding date as I was surprised today. I lost more than Rs1000 in this process after getting it cancelled. Please send this mail across to the higher authorities of railways where some action can be taken in this regard. My cancelled ticket pnr no:2251557128
My mobile number:9999665432

This is for every Indian who is using this irctc booking site and trying to take ticket in tatkal scheme. Many can get fooled easily by the date of journey. There should be an entry for the date of boarding after we select the boarding point.

Regards-
Rupesh

Comments

We cannoty change the boarding point of the tkt online which is such a pain.this is just an other way to make more money out of its customers

they want the customer to stand in the long queues again to change the boaring point and that is riducolous.

I have a Tatkal E-Ticket.
One of my friend has booked this ticket for me, and he has mistakenly given wrong Surname on the Ticket.
If I travel using this ticket I am considered as Without Ticket because the Surname on Ticket does not Match the Surname on My ID Proof.

For Tatkal Tickets there is no facility for Name Correction.

I have recently booked a tatkal e-ticket. I want to board from Lucknow, but irctc.co.in would allow me only to book my ticket from Gorakhpur (origin of train) to Bangalore (my destination). Now I am looking to change my boarding point and I m clueless. Do I have to stand in a QUEUE after getting reservation online?????????

see buddy you have to stand in queue for getting the boarding point changed.
please go to this link for details and necessary documents to get the boarding point changed for e-ticket

booked ticket with wrong gender - IRCTC

accidentally,,,i booked a ticket with wrong gender. we are four .cant cancel and rebook them..
is there any solution,if so please let me know the procedure.
P Verma

I booked ticket for my younger brother but by mistake I forgot to change the gender and mentioned gender 'Female' in place of 'Male'.

Now, I want to know the procedure of changing the gender.

Kindly inform me if it is possible or not and if possible then how.

P. Verma

I have booked an e-ticket through irctc. Inadvrtinently i made a wrong entry of the gender in one of the passenger. Kindly guide how i can make the correction of the gender in e-ticket.

Today I booked tatkal e-ticket for my family with amount more than 6000/-, the train starts from New Delhi and ends at Bangalore, need to change boarding point from New Delhi to Burhanpur but no one is ready to take the ownership. IRCTC says you write application to Chief Reservation Officer and meet him in personnel to get the changes done. Chief Reservation Officer at Cantonment Railway station says he cannot do as its not allowed in his rule of books. I'm clueless who'll change the boarding point???

Can someone please guide!!

i had such a harrowing experience when i went from the pillar to the post just change the name of elder brother to my own name, which, according to irctc website is completely permissible!
the worst part is however, after standing before them for hours, they dont even care to listen to your problem.
we all must do our bit to make irctc more responsible and true to the promises it makes on the website

I have booked an e-ticket through irctc. But i made a wrong entry of the gender in one of the passenger. Kindly guide how i can make the correction of the gender in e-ticket.
my date of journey is 19.12.10.
GKapoor

I am currently in Madurai, I had booked Rajdhani 2433 from Chennai to H.Nizamuddin, i went there to get my Boarding Pt changed to BZA, they did that, but due to some reasons i asked them to change it to WL and theysaid it can only be changed 1c, I cancled the Ticked and Booked new One today i went there for Boarding Change and the Guy over there wants me to go to chennai and meet "PRS"to get it changed.

Please Provide me sugestion for what to do ? at kapoorgau@gmail.com

dear sir/madam,
i am a passenger who committed the same mistake of entering a wrong gender while booking. it would be great if u could help me out with a solution to the same, at rahat_275@yahoo.co.in

I have booked the ticket in Manglore Express from chennai egmore to kulithalai seat no 53 and 54 Coach is S5 on 20th nov 2010. Me and my mother was went to the station. I cant enter the compartment itself because of very bad smell. IRCTC has not maintain the BASIC FACILITY to the passengers. Middle class peoples are believe only irctc is a highly secured. But they didnt maintain atleast the BASIC NEEDS. How can the people will use the toilet till the train will reach the last junction. Toilets are in very bad condition. I really scared of any infection get affect while using the toilet.
N Jan 4, 2011 by

111Sir,
my date of journey is 11.02.2001
N Mar 20, 2011 by
usharavi27

Sir i have booked a E ticket to chennai and mistakenly the gender against my name has been entered wrong.. Is there any way of correcting it? What is the procedure? My journey date is 26-03-1.
N May 11, 2011 by
anjanesh varma

Sir i have booked a E ticket and mistakenly the gender against my name has been entered wrong.What is the procedure of correcting it?
N Oct 22, 2011 by
aruscochin

my date of journey is 24/10/11
N Jan 17, 2012 by
govindd12

Sir i have booked a E ticket to chennai and mistakenly the gender against my name has been entered wrong.. Is there any way of correcting it? What is the procedure? My journey date is 17/01/12
N Feb 21, 2012 by
pks_123in

Sir, One of my friend booked a Tatkal ticket for my wife and mistakenly he used her nick name. But the surname and ID number is correct. Can we travel with that ticket? If not, is there any way to correct this?

IRCTC - Problem with the irctc-boarding point page