IRCTC -E Ticket - Boaring Change For E-Ticket

Reshma Nair
I had Booked one E-Ticket under Tatkal Quota.But i would like to change my Boarding station from trivandrum to mavelikara.Please find the deatails below:

PNR No 4402905510
Date of travel : 07-dec-08

As per IRCTC rules, customer can now approach the nearest Railway Reservation Office with ‘Electronic
Reservation Slip’ print out and photo identity proof of one of the passanger traveling in the ticket at least 24 hours before
the scheduled departure of train as per extant Railway rules.

Regarding this i had approached my nearest railway station, but they were not ready to change the E tickets boarding and they were telling that there is no such rules for changing E-Tickets boarding.

Comments

N Oct 8, 2013 by
keizer

Best Review
when we can change the boarding point jn e-ticket through irctc online. please inform in bookedhistry site as early as possible.

i have booked a ticket fr5om gudivada to secunderabad on 25-12 08 in train no. 7049 mtm express. but i wanted to board at bza. the reservation offuice is closed by 14.00 hrs and they refused to change the boarding point. pl. modifyn ur rules

There should be online option to change boarding point.

Since you have the facility of booking online tickets on tatkal scheme. You should also keep an option of boarding facilities. This will help passengers in travelling smoothly and hassle free.

I had Booked one E-Ticket But i would like to change my Boarding station from Bhawani Mandi(BWM) to Mumbai(BCT).Please find the deatails below:

PNR No 2301196776
Date of travel : 02-March-2010

yeah the facility of online changing of boarding station should be given i have also booked a ticket from dausa to gandhidham n i have to board at jaipur but unfortunately i hav written it dausa. so irctc need to give the facility of online boarding change. i hope they heard it, but not complying on requests

As online fascility provided for e-ticket reservation but it is ridiculous not to give any means to make amendments about boarding point. e-tickets are to give conviniency and ease to passengers however on line change in boarding points is not provided, both things are contrary. This must be provided on irctc sites.

Yes, it is a total pain as of today.
I had to wait in the queue to get the boarding pt changed.
Yesterday, after a wait of 1 hour, I was told at the counter that I have to write a letter to Indian Railways requesting for a change in boarding pt. And the time was already 7:50pm, near the closing time.
Now I have wait again for one more hour after office, to get the boarding pt changed.
I'm not sure what new rules the officer might talk today.

To put it short, the officers at reservation desk do not want to deal with IRCTC tickets.
N Feb 18, 2011 by
jacobbenoy

Yes all are right. There must be option for User in his/her ID to change the boarding station in the tickets booked by him/her, before the chart is prepared as usual.
This can avoid the wasting time of self and other passengers at the railway counter. And the booking clerk also make lot of difficulties to the passengers who reached to him for changing the boarding point.
Also it is to be noted that ticket counters closes at 20.00 hrs and if some body have to change the boarding of E ticket for which the train starts running in the morning hours it becomes impossible for them to reach the counter at 08.00 hrs next day for the same as it is the peak hours for Ticket Booking. It can be solved by giving the option to the User itself as IRCTC website is online at midnight.
A Apr 12, 2011 by
P.M.LUTHER

change of boarding point helpful for the passengers through irctc
N Jun 6, 2011 by
manojiprabu

There is no boarding place combox box at all in irctc site. Its a really pothole in this big network. The boarding place is only available in Reservation from which is there in station but the facility not avaiblable in online reservation facility.
Y its not der?

and

y they didnt add it in online.?

Somebody shld take action to this facility in IRCTC site.
N Jul 12, 2011 by
BANKE LAL SURI

If they book on internet why Can not they change the Boarding station . There should provision in internet only to do so
N Jul 30, 2011 by
Imran Dastan

change of boarding station helpful for the passengers through irctc
N Oct 3, 2011 by
manian1954

I had booked e ticket for four close relatives of mine in the PNR no 4431931235 for our journey from coimbatore to madurai. but unfortunately my aunt smt pravathivadiyalingam ( F-65) is not accompaning with us and another uncle ( OWN BROTHER 3rd Passenger ) sri lakshmi Narayanan M-72 would like to accompany with us. Even thou there is provision to change the name of passenger who is a close relative what is the procedure to be adopted in the case of E ticket

my e mail id : subramanianns1954 @gmail.com
N Feb 7, 2012 by
apal3889

there should be option of changing boarding in e-ticket throug IRCTC
A Feb 19, 2012 by
baranwal_sudhir

Yes, There should be boarding point changing facility required on E-ticket.

It if there in online facility.It is sone pe suhaga.

Sudhir
A Feb 21, 2012 by
rvmk2011

Dear sir/madam,
Today i booked train ticket from chennai egmore to tirunelveli. I need to change the boarding station, from chennai egmore to valliyur.(next to tirunelveli) how to change this. please help me.
My email id
vairamuthu12@gmail.com
A Jun 18, 2012 by
sharathsn

Dear Sir/ Madam,
I have booked a train ticket from Vizianagaram to Yeswantpur. I need to change the boarding point from Vizianagaram to Visakhapatnam How to change now?

Request you to update the steps to follow.
My email id is sharathsmg@yahoo.co.in
A Jul 13, 2012 by
mkchillys

Dear sir/madam
i have booked a train ticket from Lalitpur to delhi safadarganj.i need to change the boarding point from Jhs
how to change now

Request you update the step to follow.
my Email id mkstar.gupta288@gmail.com

date 13.07.2012
N Jul 13, 2012 by
AMREYDRA

Dear Sir/ Madam,
I have booked a TATKAL ticket today from Patna to Pune. I need to change the boarding point from Ptna to Ara How to change now?

Request you to update the steps to follow.
My email id is AKS211996@GMAIL.COM