Irctc Indian Railways - Boarding Point issue while booking Tatkal Ticket

Consumer Complaints

I want to book tatkal ticket from Khammam to New Delhi through irctc.co.in, first I could not login to system due to 'Service not avilable issue' as almost every online user of irctc experience while booking tatkal ticket.

after successful login after strugling 15 to 20 minutes , while enquiry if I choose from station Khammam and to station New Delhi, no tickets are showing to book, but if I chhose Chennai Central ( starting station) as from station and destination is New Delhi' tickets are showing and I booked tickets, in the process of booking ticket there is a chance of changing boarding point (which I did not realise first time, as there is no note for it, confirmation message for changing boarding point if required on submitting page for booking the tickets, hence I booked and canceled after getting some info on boarding point .. I have got only 20% of booked amount, huge loss for me).

here main concern is why tickets are not allowed form khammam station though there are tickets avilable, even site is not allowing me to change boarding point t khammam( From station is Channai), though I'm ready to pay the hole amount ofTatkal ticket( starting point to Ending point), so it clearly indicated only passengers start from chennai can only book tatkal tickets, this is totally unfair, what about other station passengers who desperatly need tatkal ticket, what is the ratinal behind that making such tatkal ticket booking reservation rools.

Hope thre should be some positive action on these unfair rules which will ensure equality for all the Indians.

if you do not understand complaint please call undersigned or mail to toananthan@gmail.com

Best Regards
Anantha Reddy Nalla
+91-9999024139

Comments

Cancellation of Train. - Indian Railways

I have booked E-Ticket for Train no 5929 Diburgah Express vide pnr Number 4403857206 From Chennai-Rjy on dated 29th Jan .

But on Reaching Egmore station (Chennai) it was conveyed that Diburgah Express has been cancelled which has caused lot of agony, Hardship and pain to me and to my family. we then went to Chennai central Current Reservation counter to Inquire if reservation was available in any other train But again we were con veyed That Systems are down and they cannot provide availability of Ticket.

Train no 5929 Is a weekly train and cancellation about this train could have been intimated to me thru Email which was not done we would like to know why this cannot be done.

i Was running like a Mad Dog on platforms of chennai central along with my pregnant wife and 6 month old kid begging TT To allow me to board compartment.

i Had to spend an additonal amount of 1.5k rupees for bribing TT, Moving from one station to another by means of auto e.t.c.

Request help me in getting this amount reimbursed.

Bvssagar
ICC-PC&WH

Indian Railways Ticket Reservation Issue - Indian Railways

Hello Sir,

This regarding IRCTC issue. In otherwards, I can say it's worst services from India Railways. Regarding Tatkal services, It's worster than any other. I have tried to book tickets from Sec'bad to Tirupathi in Tatkaal Quota through IRCTC on 23-12-2009 from 8:30 am for journey on 25-12-2009. Because of IRCTC serever down (Confirmed by IRCTC People), the website has not opened. It has taken me nearly one and half an hour. If server is down means, I thought this for all the passengers who are trying for book the tickets through IRCTC. But the surprising thing was here happened. When the site has opened at around 10:10 am (since site too slow to check seats availability which has taken me nearly 20 min), I got the information that WAITING LIST FOR ALL THE TRAINS (SLEEPER CLASS). When I called the Railways enquiry for this, they are saying that all the passengers maybe booked through counter. A normal person can think easily how foolish answer it is. My question is
" Is that answer acceptable? Don't you people think that what has happened over there?" This is not for a single time I have faced, this is third time same thing was happened (SERVER DOWN UPTO NEARLY ONE AND HALF AN HOUR FROM THE TIME THEY STARTED ISSUING TATKAAL QUOTA TICKETS AND TATKAAL QUOTA IS FULL). ANY ONE CAN SAY THAT THEY (INDIAN RAILWAYS) ARE INTENTIONALLY NOT ISSUING THE TATKAAL QUOTA TICKETS THROUGH IRCTC BECAUSE THEY (INDIAN RAILWAYS) HAVE GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH TRAVEL AGENTS. (I AM SURE ONLY BECAUSE OF COMMISION). JUST GO TO ANY TRAVEL AGENCY, THEY WILL CHARGE MORE AND WILL ISSUE THE TICKETS EVEN 2 HOURS BEFORE OF JOURNEY TIME BY TAKING MORE MONEY. JUST THINK HOW IT'S POSSIBLE WITHOUT SUPPORT OF INDIAN RAILWAYS? I WOULD SUGGEST STOP ISSUING THE TATKAAL QUOTA TICKETS THROUGH IRCTC SINCE IT'S NO USE FOR NORMAL PEOPLE AND ALSO I WOULD SUGGEST DON'T WASTE THE PASSENGER'S TIME BECAUSE OF YOUR(INDIAN RAILWAYS) BENEFIT. PLEASE AND PLEASE SOME ACTION HAS TO BE TAKEN AGAINST OF THIS ISSUE. IT'S NOT ONLY SINGLE PERSON'S PROBLEM IT'S FOR ALL THE PASSENGERS WHO REQUIRE TATKAAL QUOTA RESERVATION IN AN EMERGENCY.

REFUND DUE TO TRAIN CANCEL - Railway

Though continues follow up with IRCTC for getting refund due to cancellation of train # 9223 (Ahmedabad JN-ADI to Jammu Tawi-JAT) due to public riots at Punjab state on 25.05.09, we are not able to get the same in our accounts.

The matter is such on 25.05.09 the train was stopped by concern authority at Firojpur due to public riots at next station in punjab & we claimed fro refund at the same station but we have been told to claim through system as we were having E tickets & refund in case of E Tickets can only be claimed through on line. we also made many attempts to get refund ON LINE but system does not show the cancellation & hence the refund not deposited in our accounts.

Kindly request you to look into matter & refund at the earlist.

We are enclosing herewith Copy of TICKET duly signed by Station Master of FIROJPUR on 25.05.09 & cutting of Local News paper reflection about public riots with details of train cancellation.
PNR 8331397939

Regds
amby

pata nahi..yahin toh mera bhi doubt hai.

i agree with the findings

Refund for Train Canceled - Indian Railway

I HAD BOOKED MUMBAI SHIRDI TICKET TRAIN WAS CANCELLED AND RAIL WAY IS NOT GIVING REFUND TICKETS ARE BOOKED USING VIA BOOKING SYSTEM
DETAILS ARE PNR:8342333833 trasactin no. 0203039235 12/05/2010 04:40 PM Train was cancelled. AND PNR: 8342333731 trasaction no 0203038121 12/05/2010 04:41 PM Train was cancelled.
Medha Khatri IRCTC  - Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India

issue ticket - IRCTC

Hello.....3 october 2010 i have booked a ticket from Lko to Delhi. It was confirmed but after payment my ticket had not display. So how i got my e-ticket plz send me reply as soon as possible.....

MONEY REFUND TRAIN CANCEL TRAIN NO. 9223 - Indian Railways

90 days already passed , but still not refund recd.

Transaction ID : 0115406748 & 0115392007
PNR No : 8331399791 & 8331397939

Though continues follow up with IRCRC but refund and proper reply not received, Due to cancellation of train # 9223 (Ahmedabad JN-ADI to Jammu Tawi-JAT) due to public riots at Punjab state on 25.05.09, we are not able to get the same in our accounts.

Kindly request you to look into matter & refund at the earlist.
regards

IRCTC Tatkal Reservation - IRCTC Indian Railways

To inform with deep regrate that IRCTC Tatkal online (e-ticket) reservation process is of no use with session getting drop or unavailable during initial hours of it's opening period.

Virtually every time you try to book in the morning at 8:00AM, session will either drop almost instantaneously, with "service unavailable" error, failing to load entire page, intermittent disconnect etc. Surprisingly access to all sites other than the irct works okay during initial period of Tatkal e-ticket reservation.

More to the surprise, suddenly after couple of hours of opening duration, everything start working fine only to know that all tickets have beeen waitlisted by that time. Since this is not one time or isolated incidents but being a daily affair, I feel that there is some kind of nexus to prevent people from their rights of equality.

Request to address asap in order to restore faith in the services
N Apr 19, 2011 by
pavankumar.perepi IRCTC railway ticket  - Noida, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, India

Booking Tatkal Ticket - irctc railway ticket

hi team,

i tried many times to book tatkal ticket but at that time server will be down or incomplete transaction, it will never happens if you are going for normal ticket this is every comon mans problem. please try to take on a serious note.

pavankumar
N Jul 30, 2011 by
harrick parikh

Non refund of tickets of cancelled train - Indian Railways

Our train from Delhi was cancelled due to Jat agitation in the month of March. inspite of several reminders to IRCTC we have not got the refund from them stating that they have not received the refund from railways. the time limit of 90 days is also over.

The refund case of PNR No.2416675005 has been forwarded to CCM/NER Railway on 03-Apr-2011 As refund is yet to be received from concerned railway, we have sent a reminder on 30-July-2011 with all the papers pertaining to your refund case to concerned railway. As soon as refund, if any, received it will be credited to your card account. With regards, TDR TEAM
________________________________________________________________________