Jabong.com - Cancellation of order

vivek.bhimrajka on Nov 20, 2012
I had ordered 20gm gold at Jabong.com (1 order of 20gm). There was a promotional HDFC bank offer which gave 20% instant discount on any purchase made on the website. I called up the customer care and asked the coupon was applicable on the Gold coins as well and the representative agreed. Post the confirmation I purchased the 20gm gold which cost me approximately 58 Thousand rupees. Suddenly, I get a call from the customer representative that the order will not be completed and a refund will be processed in 7 to 21 working days. While he gave clarifications, they were not justified and to compensate they will give me 250 rs voucher. So on investment of 1.2lakhs I don’t get my gold and they have to offer is 250 rs voucher, which is freely available on internet.

To add to this, Jabong knew very well about the transactions, as once the gold coins were out of stock, they brought in more coins in a couple of hours and were accepting orders. So this is definitely not a system issue but a trap to keep our money.

I would strongly urge the website to honor the trade. Because of large amount of money invested, I am not mentioning my order number.

Ankit
9892088555

Comments

veekayp gold  - India

Purchase online gold & Earn 20% Per Month - gold

Unipay is the best company, because company is giving regular payouts since last one
year. If anybody have any question mail me i will reply.
Unipay is extending his business in sevsral countries.
If you want to contact me mail or call at 09314049147
meet n umaraliya gold  - India

i invest in this plan
N Apr 27, 2012 by
smalltowngal Jabong.com  - India

Awesome delivery from Jabong.com - Jabong.com

Received my order in just 3 days! I love you Jabong! Now I can wear the same trendy clothes and shoes which gals wear in cities like delhi. Jabong you are a blessing for girl like me who is from a small town.
N May 2, 2012 by
jeetu456 Jabong.com  - India

I bought woodland shoes from Jabong.com couple of weeks before and i am happy with the shoes. Woodland is always been my favorite shoe brand. I got the product in 4 days which i will say is satisfactory service.
N May 4, 2012 by
ziyarehman Jabong.com  - India

I placed an order for a kurti with jabong.com on 30th april and i recieved it today 9 out of 10 points for delivery and the kurti really suits me well 10 out of 10 for that. Completely satisfied with jabong.
N Nov 19, 2012 by
Ankit111985 Jabong.com  - Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

I had ordered 40gm gold at Jabong.com (2 orders of 20gm each). There was a promotional HDFC bank offer which gave 20% instant discount on any purchase made on the website. I called up the customer care and asked the coupon was applicable on the Gold coins as well and the representative agreed. Post the confirmation I purchased the 40gm gold which cost me approximately 1.2lakhs rupees. Suddenly, I get a call from the customer representative that the order will not be completed and a refund will be processed in 7 to 21 working days. While he gave clarifications, they were not justified and to compensate they will give me 250 rs voucher. So on investment of 1.2lakhs I don’t get my gold and they have to offer is 250 rs voucher, which is freely available on internet.

Ankit
9819789529
D Nov 20, 2012 by

Hello Ankit

As requested on consumer.admanya, we require your order details so that we can investigate your query and provide you resolution. You can send us your order details through the message feature of this website.

D Nov 20, 2012 by
Ankit111985 Jabong.com  - Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

My order number is 121115001097837. I had a lot of expectations from your website and was very disappointed with your attitude towards customers. Pepperfry, Tradus and Shopcues are much much better in terms of customer service.
D Nov 21, 2012 by

Hello Ankit

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are investigating your query. We assure you that one of customer care representative will contact you within 24 hrs and will resolve your query.

D Nov 21, 2012 by

Hello Ankit

The same has been posted on your previous post.

aphydfolk

Same with me. Pathetic support and instead of being apologetic, they are taking it casually. I am sure this is deeply hurting folks around and better we avoid this site and have friends/family do the same. For creating so much mess and acting as if nothing big has happened, they should be banned by every other community. Any legal proceedings possible? Its not just about the money, but their treatment is bothering me more.

My order number 121115106597772
AmAwesome

Order number :121115101101317 .. Order cancelled. 2 x 250 coupons promised to be given as a compensation. Did not honor the deal.
sailesh jain

I too have placed order for 20gms gold coin and it is also cancelled. Believe me this is the worst shopping portal alive online and e-retailers like these are the reason why people are afraid to make purchases online. You don't receive your product and your money stays struck with them.

We all should ignore such kind of orgnaizations who don't fulfill the orders.

Order No.121115827403702
Ankit111985 Jabong.com  - Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

Its more than 24 hours, I have not heard from any of your team members. Another refection of your commitments.

Hello Ankit

We hope that your query stands resolved. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

The same has been posted on consumer.admanya.

sekhar457

I too have the same experience. My order #121115011086557.
They are saying they cancelled and refunded. But till now it is not reflecting in my credit card.
It has been more than 7 days.

WORST EXPERIENCE till now.
D Nov 23, 2012 by
Hakim Ujjainwala

You are running the shittest site in this internet shopping industry. I ordered one product on 15th November 2012 paying from my hard earned money. Now when i asked for the order status, the CC shamelessly telling due to technical glitch your order has been cancelled. What if i need that product. I love shopping with sites like EBAY, FASHOS, Shopclues, Flipkart, etc. I have been shopping online for the past 3 years and not SINGLE ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELLED. This waqs my FIRST EXPERIENCE with JABONG and most probably my last. If you cant have stocks tell at the time of placing the order not after 6 days of eating customer's money. I am definitely going to consumer forum so that these kind of sites stop degrading shopping experiences.

Mobile No. 9768773768
D Nov 25, 2012 by

Hello Mani, Sagar, Sailesh and Hakim

We are concerned about your queries. We are investigating your queries and assure you that our representatives will contact you within 24 hrs and will resolve your queries.

@Sekhar - We would like to inform you that in case of credit card, post initiation of refund, the actual time taken for the credit to reflect in your account depends on your payment cycle with your card issuing bank which is 7-21 days. We also like to inform you that we will take up your case with the Payment Gateway to expedite the refund in your case.

D Nov 25, 2012 by
Ankit111985 Jabong.com  - Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

My query was not solved. I just realized you have honored some orders. This is impartial treatment towards customers.
N Nov 28, 2012 by

Hello Sailesh and Hakim

Sailesh - We would like to inform you that the refund process of your order was initiated on 16th Nov. It may take up to 5 to 7 business days for the credit to reflect in your account if the original payment was made through a Debit Card and 7 to 21 business days if the original payment was made through a Credit Card. Post initiation of refund, the actual time taken for the credit to reflect in your account depends on your payment cycle with your card issuing bank.

Hakim - We would like to inform you that as per our third party courier partner Bluedart, your order stands delivered on 23rd November.

We hope that your query stands resolved.

Jabong.com - Cancellation of order