The living conditions in Jains Abhisek apartments in Selaiyur in Chennai built by Jain Housing are appalling. Many of the customers booked their apartments only due to the supposedly “big name” of Jain Housing. I can assure that none of these owners will ever do any business with Jain Housing again and will not recommend Jain housing to anyone.
Not only has the builder not completed the apartment complex, but has actively engaged in unethical practices. Below are some examples:
1. Sewage treatment plant not functioning even 8 months after the alleged hand over of flats to residents
2. Untreated Sewage water let out to either the garden within the premises or to adjacent streets and plots. This could very well contaminate ground water
3. Poor quality of construction
4. Lift not functional till date
5. Amenities like swimming pool and Gym not functional till date
6. Common area work not complete 100%
The most disgraceful aspect is that there is absolutely no ownership or urge to attend to any complaints whatsoever even after talking to everyone in the Jain Housing organization. The only people who have not been contacted by the residents are the MDs, who anyway do not care a thing about customers.
Any suggestions on filing a case in consumer court is very welcome. We are also evaluating other legal options.