Joyalukkas M G Road Blr - DO NOT BUY GOLD HERE !!! They Con people

Pia_ss on Jan 7, 2011
Most Pathetic & Crappy Staff – Unbelievably Poor customer Service.

I visited Joyalukkas on M G road to buy bangles on 1st week of Oct 2010. They had nice collection but dint have proper size ( we needed 2.2 size and they has 2.3). We liked one design and placed an order (47.2gms) which they said will take 20 days..
I paid the entire cash of 1 lakh in advance. The rate for that day was Rs.1834/gm.

After 30 days when we went back we got the bangle of same design but a different thickness and the bangle dint look like the one we ordered.
I informed the staff that i need same thickness like the bangle we ordered & they asked us for 20days more time.. After several follow they once again got a bangle of a smaller thickness & not the one we ordered.
I was extremely upset & asked the staff that they need to give us some discount as i had paid the entire money & now i cant even take the refund bcoz the gold rate has gone up.

Finally after 3 months wait on 6th Jan 2011 we got the bangles we ordered with 5 gms more weight than what we had ordered(52.7) .. when i spoke to the senior staff ( Alwin WIlson) he was very rude and dint know how to speak the customer .. He kept calling his manger for help and went on in Malayalam which we dint understand & kept banging the receiver with an angry face.. He did not understand what we were trying to say & he also said it’s not their problem it was the goldsmith who had messed it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (WOW ...Unbelievable right???)
I was persistent & refused to pay the extra amount (some 11k) ( rate Rs.1900) and asked for a discount as we dint have any spare cash for the month.

Later we spoke to the manager & he said he can’t help & asked us to take our money back and leave. That is the last thing you expect in service after waiting for 3 months..
After which i lost my temper & started to shout in front of all the other customer's that why should i lose the money for the stupid mistake they did when the gold rate has gone up(Rs.1910). If I have to buy the same gold outside taking the money back it will easily cost me 3,000 more.

I have also come across few other people who has also told me that they always take orders increase the gms with out customers approval.
Being in Bangalore you cant find even a single staff who can speak good English or Kannada for that matter..

I am looking for the Directors mail id to complain on the same. SO requesting you all to be very carefull if you want to purchase here or I would suggest PLZ DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HERE AS THEY DON’T RESPECT THEIR CUSTOMER & also have the most Pathetic & Crappy Staff..

Comments

A Mar 3, 2012 by
Yashaswini Somashekar

hope this link could be useful for u
A Jul 6, 2012 by
ldevassy

I agree that Joy alukkas is cheating every malayalee, who is buying Jewellery from them.
They offer loyalty cars, they offer everything and cheats you.
Don.t buy anything from them.
You can see a lot of cheating stories about them in the internet
N Dec 30, 2012 by
vikki12345

Reach consumer court dude and spread the word everywhere you go on net like fb, tweeter, mouthshut.
N Jul 12, 2013 by
msujiw

Even i had very bad expirence on my 1st visit to Joylukkas at Dickenson road in the month of April 2013. The shop was crowded & i understood it and waited with patience for 1 hr somebody to assist me but one of the customer came just 5 mins back & they was assisted immediatly. When i questioned the staff abt it he said we didnt notice you & when i asked for the manager he responded very harshly saying the manager is in Kerala. I yelled at them & walked out. THEY DO NOT KNOW TO TREAT THE CUSTOMERS. But when i went to neighbouring shop which was crowded double the Joyalukkas still a staff came to us spoke very gently & instructed the other staff to assist us, we hardly waited for 15 mins & they assisted us.

Joyalukkas M G Road Blr - DO NOT BUY GOLD HERE !!! They Con people